Enough is enough.

Enough is enough.

A Story by Rebecca Garber

When is enough, enough for people? Do they really know when to stop or does it really not matter to them? You know what you did wrong, you need to own up to it and stop trying to play it off as nothing matters. 


I have been trying so hard to help these people. At some point you will realize that you have done too much for someone, that the only next possible step to do is to stop. Leave them alone. Walk away. It's not like you're giving up, and it's not like you shouldn't try. It's just that you have to draw the line of determination from desperation. What is truly yours will eventually be yours, and what is not, no matter how hard you try, will never be. Is that truly what I should think, and just give up on people.
Just be smart enough to know when "enough is enough". You can't complain about somebody crossing the line when you failed to set the boundaries. You can't complain about somebody wasting your time when you didn't require them to earn it. Sometimes, you just have to let go. Not everything is meant to be a "forever" kinda thing. you have to be honest with yourself, even if it hurts. Can't give em' too many chances to make the same "mistakes". Learn from it. Grow out of it. Be done with it. That is what is going to have to be.


How do you know happiness is enough? Just let me know by leaving a comment. 

© 2016 Rebecca Garber


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

well, some people do just need a gentle push in the right direction, perhaps a few of them lol, until they're ready to set out on their own. others though, are lost causes, never able to live life to it's fullest without constant supervision, lest they return to their previous mindset's. I'm one of them sadly lol.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Rebecca Garber

7 Years Ago

that was very well said thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 28, 2016
Last Updated on October 28, 2016

Author

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber

sarcoxie, MO



About
I am sixteen, and have been through a lot. I just got out of heartland because i was self harming and trying to kill myself. Because i had some things happen. So i express what is going on in my head .. more..

Writing
Week Week

A Story by Rebecca Garber