Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Bully

Bully

A Story by Rebecca Garber

People tell me things. They want me to disappear, to stop talking, to go away, and so much more. I take the pen and mark on my arms, legs, wrist, and stomach. I trace over them multiple times till it hurts. Then I rub my finger over it because I want it to go away. I want all of the comments to stop. I just want to please everyone by going away. They start to bleed. So I take the razor blade and slice it deeper and deeper, till the blood won't stop. I try to wrap it up so that it does not bleed anymore, but it doesn't work, I go to the doctor and they can't do anything because it is to late. Now the others get what they want. 


Death sits in the chair across from me and watches. Death sees but has no eyes. Death knows but has no mind. We often sit together in the night. Death has on move left, but as you can see I have none.


I am so sick of hearing stories in the news about teenagers and even CHILDREN taking their lives as a result of being bullied by their peers. It truly makes me sick. This week, it's the tragic story of Rachel Ehmke, a beautiful 13-year-old girl. Who committed suicide on April 26 after being bullied for months, that we're all reading about. It breaks my heart to say this, but who will it be next week? This needs to stop but will it? What will you do to make it stop?


Words Hurt. I don't care if  you're joking, I don't care if you didn't mean it. I don't care if someone else dared you to. I don't care if you felt peer pressured into it. I don't care if you think it makes you look cool because it doesn't. IT'S MEAN. Being a bully is not cool. It's not funny.....Tearing someone down to make yourself feel better is a cowardly act. Be an adult. Use manners.But don't do it. People really do really care about you. You are just looking for all of the negative things. 

© 2016 Rebecca Garber


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Garber, you've written a very emotional piece. I never tolerated bullies. I would find a way to humiliate them, whether they were picking on me or I saw them picking on someone else. It probably wasn't the best way to handle it, but what did I know as a kid? I was just speaking to them in a language they understood, and they DID understand. I hate to hear how bullying has become so bad that people actually kill themselves over it. It really upsets me. Hopefully things will change, but in order for that to happen, we need people to speak out about it the way you've done. Good job. Stay safe

Posted 7 Years Ago


Rebecca Garber

7 Years Ago

i appreciate your response.
This is a good message for people to follow. Being that I've both bullied and have been bullied, I can definitely relate to this piece:

In 9th grade (last year) people would call me "emotionless" because I was quiet and nonchalant about everything. Some even said that I wasn't human because I lacked the ability ot feel. Eventually, I felt like I had to prove to myself that I was human, so at night, I'd slam my head into my bedpost until I cried. That was my way of proving to myself that I could feel. I'm not saying that what I did was a good thing, but my point is that words carry a lot of weight. They can either help or hurt--it all depends on how you use them.

I try to use my words for good, but I screw that up at times. I'm the type of person who makes fun of people as a joke at times; sometimes, it's just good humor, but othertimes, I go too far. I've been trying to stop doing that lately because I know how much my words can hurt others--even if it seems like there's no harm. I'm glad you shared this piece . . . it reminded me of some of my goals in life.

- William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


Rebecca Garber

7 Years Ago

your welcome. I am glad someone responded.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 28, 2016
Last Updated on October 28, 2016

Author

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber

sarcoxie, MO



About
I am sixteen, and have been through a lot. I just got out of heartland because i was self harming and trying to kill myself. Because i had some things happen. So i express what is going on in my head .. more..

Writing
Week Week

A Story by Rebecca Garber