A Long Time

A Long Time

A Story by ToxicTears
"

About a drug addict

"

    A Long Time

 

     It had been a long time since i had slept, about eight months straight with a few hours here and there.  It seemed like everything was closing in on me.  Reality was no longer here, it just flashed in and out of the cartoon world i was living in.  Visuals of things that werent there i would see.  My mind was twisting and turning, working over time.

     I sat in my house hardly ever going out because the sunlight made me sick.  I would sit on my couch day in and day out hardly moving a muscle.  Sometimes i would be sitting there so captured with the t.v show i was watching and reality would smack me in the face and i would realize i was imagining everything, the t.v wasnt even on.

     My stomach would cramp so bad i just knew i was going to die.  I went nine days without eating anything because it was so hard to eat.  Anything i tried to eat would make me sick.  I started eating a  piece of bread every other day so my stomach wouldnt hurt so bad.

      Hazily - minded, sitting there reading books that i couldnt remember when i was finished with them.  Everyday was basically the same.  I dont think i even realized when the sun was up or when it was it down.  I was trapped.......trapped inside of a glass tube with a white powdered lining.

       I soon realized i was very sick.  There was no help for a person as malnourished , and as strung out as i was.  My brain had finally given up.  The overtime had run out.  Just vegetating on my couch, i picked up the glass tube, the razor and the mirror and i made myself one last line of that white powdered substance.  As it went straight to my brain, everything shut down.  Meth will do that you know.  It will over power all of you like it did me.  It was my best friend, But it didnt stick around, In the end  " I died alone"

© 2008 ToxicTears


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i agree with bailish.very good writing!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


"trapped inside of a glass tube with a white powdered lining." Great line!

One thing you might try to make it more powerful is to place it in the present tense instead of relating an event from the past. This increases the intensity of your words.


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 24, 2008

Author

ToxicTears
ToxicTears

North Fort myers, FL



About
I am a 30 year old female that has went through more stuff in 8 years that most people don't go through in there whole life! I have moved forward but things from my past still haunt me every day. On.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by ToxicTears


REAL REAL

A Poem by ToxicTears


Mind Sex Mind Sex

A Poem by ToxicTears