A Walk in The Rain

A Walk in The Rain

A Story by Kris

The air is thick and muggy. Fresh and clean with the impending rain. The rustle of wind bears warning of the storm clouds moving in. The mini gust and slight breeze carry the sweet perfumes of the lilac bushes lining the street corner. My lips spread into a grin far too big for my face as I remember my dads words from the car ride this morning. He had claimed that our flowers were the brightest, darkest, and prettiest and that they bore a scent stronger that incense. These gorgeous purple blooms before my watery eyes challenge those by my bedroom window but still none can truly compare. Suddenly there's a coolness falling upon my bare skin. The pavement is spattered with darkness as is the sky. Vision becomes blurred as small droplets fall unto my glasses and eyelashes alike. I've always complained of walking home in the rain, but today it was different. I did not care for my books or my phone or my hair. I relished the freedom that one feels in the rain. The splashing of the puddles. The clothes sticking to your back. The feeling of being alone and being okay with that.

© 2013 Kris


Author's Note

Kris
Am I rambling? I feel like I am. Sorry if there are any spelling or grammar issues, I was typing on the run.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on August 17, 2013
Last Updated on August 17, 2013

Author

Kris
Kris

MA



About
Hello there. I'm just a girl with no social life, music on my mind, and writing in my future. I believe that anyone can tell a story, but there are very few that can show one. So, that's why I'm he.. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Poem by Kris


Not My City Not My City

A Poem by Kris