Rain in Today's Forecast

Rain in Today's Forecast

A Story by Richard Lane
"

A month ago I mentioned to my Father that he might have to get a hospital type bed for the house.

"
A month ago I mentioned to my Father that he might have to get a hospital type bed for the house. Because I even though I am physically stronger than I was in my 20's (I'm 43 years old) but my Dad whose MS was discovered when he was 48 years old is still too heavy for me to pick up. 

But I've done my exercises and instead of taking a Metro bus to a store that is 5 minutes away I've opted for 
the 40 minute walks instead mostly because I like the fact that I am able to enjoy the sights of the wildlife that lives in the protected waterways near my house. 

The area used to be a hunting ground but the state of Maryland where I live banned Hunting several decades ago. But in regards to the health of my Dad I think he realizes now that asking for help is not a sign of weakness. And as I've written before, I'd rather be labeled as a worry wart instead of a person who said they cared but did not stick around and follow through on the promises they made. 

11:59 am

5 September 2012

© 2012 Richard Lane


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on September 5, 2012
Last Updated on September 5, 2012
Tags: Non Fiction

Author

Richard Lane
Richard Lane

Baltimore, MD



About
My name is Richard Lane and I am based in Baltimore, MD. I started writing poetry in 1984 during my High School years. My writing style varies, but my focus is prose writing and poetry. Please feel .. more..

Writing