The Day I Almost Saw the Cocteau Twins

The Day I Almost Saw the Cocteau Twins

A Story by Richard Lane

I was 22 in 1991 I found out the Cocteau Twins were going to be playing at the Music Festival and my Girlfriend Brighid were going to go and I was going to buy tickets. But I didn't get that chance because some a*****e decided to break into the Music Fare in Owings Mills, Maryland using a torch  to get in. But the moron left his torch open with the flames still coming out of it as he was making his get away and because he did that there was a huge explosion that destroyed the entire arena. Eventually the music fare was demolished in order to make way for a BJ's Store (not BJ's Galore LOL) which is still located there. And  I can say that story is true because I can vouch for that place being real because I had been going to the Music Fare (where bands such as AC/DC, as well as Tony Orlando and Dawn, and Andy Gibb who played there in 1977) since I a kid during the 70's. I was so f*****g mad because I saw a chance for me to show my Girlfriend how much I loved her and she had the same good taste in music which mean't we listened to everything including country and old school hip hop. 
                                                                         

© 2012 Richard Lane


Author's Note

Richard Lane
this story will be continued. thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! A powerful story of love, disappointment and life getting in the way of our plans. Great piece!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard Lane

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your wonderful comment my great friend who is also an awesome writer as well. Welcome .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Added on September 13, 2012
Last Updated on September 13, 2012

Author

Richard Lane
Richard Lane

Baltimore, MD



About
My name is Richard Lane and I am based in Baltimore, MD. I started writing poetry in 1984 during my High School years. My writing style varies, but my focus is prose writing and poetry. Please feel .. more..

Writing