THE LEGEND OF GOLD, AND THE RISE OF THE HEADLESS CREATURE OF THE GROWING MANY

THE LEGEND OF GOLD, AND THE RISE OF THE HEADLESS CREATURE OF THE GROWING MANY

A Story by Mark H.
"

A metaphorical fictionary story about the history of currency.

"
Once upon a time, long ago... in a galaxy way, way, out... There lived two rival factions that continuously waged WAR. They fought WARS for Sport, for Power, for Glory, and for Material Possessions. The waring factions did not use money. Instead, everything was acquired through Domination, Violence, and Greed.

In time, the King's Reigns ended, and the weaker remaining faction members who survived the carnage of the cold wars; decided amongst themselves that there needed to be a Change! So Gifts were exchanged between the rival factions, and the result of this exchange brought Peace to the Land.

As Peace reigned supreme... the populations grew in numbers. As the populations grew, the need for more Food, and more Supplies grew too. The Gifts received could not quench the growing desires of the needs of the many... So the Gifts reign quickly ended, and Peace throughout the land diminished. Bartering then manifested as a result of the need for the masses to endure.

For a short time the Bartering system appeased the needs of the many... but as the populations continued to grow larger... Bartering became less effective; an obsolete tool to be used to quench the growing needs of the many. So in response to this,... the great thinkers of the populations were summoned together to conceive a plan of action to be taken in order to solve the dilemma that was before them all. They pondered together endlessly, and through perseverance and long contemplation; they finally agreed on a solution to their growing dilemma. They reasoned amongst themselves that some kind of storage device was needed to store the value of the bartering. In a way, much like corn is stored in baskets to later be used as food during the cold winter months. So they agreed amongst themselves that the shiny yellow metal called Gold should be used to store the bartering because it was beautiful and did not rust.

They further reasoned (through past observations) that this shiny yellow metal held value in the imagination of the populous, and its Value did not extinguish in the Bartering Markets... even when reigns crumbled, and all else did. This they thought proved Gold was good, and was worthy to be used as a store of value. The Gold became covenanted, and sought after by many.

For a short time, once again, there was Peace in the land... the Greed was contained, and the needs of the many were met.

This, unfortunately, did not last long. In time the populations grew even larger, and the needs of the many outweighed the needs of the few, or the one.

So it came to pass that the wealthiest of the populous became outraged and said... "the needs of the growing many are overpowering the Greed of the wealthiest few".

" let us contain the needs of the growing many once and for all, and let our greed of the wealthiest few dominate all supremely, and forever!"

So, the wealthiest few devised a diabolical plan to accomplish this. They cunningly promoted to the many that they will store their Gold, and in return... interest will be procured onto the depositor of the Gold. Always on demand and available... the entire deposit will be made to the depositor plus the interest accrued.

So the many being somewhat shrewd.. asked... "how can you create more Gold to give Gold, if not first mined for it with a pick, an ax, and a pan?"

"Well" the wealthiest few exclaimed.. "This is not difficult at all!" "Allow me to explain"..

" We invest the Gold safely in the finest businesses in the bartering markets.. we loan them your Gold to fund their businesses for further growth, and in return we collect a profit. Part of the profit is returned to you in the form of interest as compensation for allowing us to invest your Gold. The remaining profit we keep. "We both win".

So the growing many exclaimed.. " This sounds reasonable!, but what happens if the businesses fail that you invest our money in?" "We will then lose all!"

Consolingly, the Wealthiest Few assured the Growing Many that there is nothing to worry about because all their banks carried business insurance, and the notes received are valid at any banking location.

The Wealthiest Few were very convincing, and the Growing Many accepted the bank notes as money instead of Gold.

For a short time, once again, Peace reigned supreme in the land, and there was great prosperity. As the Prosperity grew exponentially, the Greed and Lies grew exponentially greater. In time, the bankers wrote IOU's on the Gold on deposit in order to create more notes that they never intended to pay back. Endless notes were created to fund endless wars, and crime syndicates. The Greed and Lies grew so massively that in time there became a great disconnect across the whole land. Prosperity diminished to nothing. The once Great Land became a cesspool of Starvation, Pain, Suffering, and Poverty.

The People wailed in agony and said... "Under Gold, we had Peace and Stability. The Gold was highly valued in the Bartering Markets... The Gold allowed us to maintain Price support, and also Price stability. Now, the Banksters liberated us from our Gold!" "We have no more Gold to start anew".

In time, the Reign of the Wealthiest Few ended, because they needed the Prosperity of the Growing Many to endure.

Out of this chaos, The Headless Creature of the Growing Many manifested. Military rule reigned supreme, and was controlled by a centralized electronic control center. Commands were given and carried out. There was no more money in that day. And the old sat around campfires and told tales of the Land that once valued Gold.

© 2017 Mark H.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on August 12, 2017
Last Updated on August 12, 2017
Tags: Money, Currency, Metaphorical History, Literary Fiction

Author

Mark H.
Mark H.

About
Writing just for the entertainment. Just to try a new hobby. more..

Writing