The Raven

The Raven

A Poem by rikdem

  I came to a window, luminescence of the moon shown through, there was nothing outside. Until I took a closer look, a raven with black feathers so black that when they got caught in the moon light they shown silver. I watched this raven, as he turned his head around this way and that. I watched for what must have been a good fifteen minutes, until he must have tired and needed to keep moving. He lifted his great silver wings, shadowing the moon light for a second as he began to soar through the sky and he seemed cocky as he over took the moon, he flew around almost arrogant. I pictured him smiling up at the moon as if to say ha ha, as he soared higher and higher he became a speck on the vastness of the moon, who seemed to grin at the night sky and the stars because he had taken back his sky from this great black raven. I sat and thought of this raven; of how nice it must be that whenever he wants to he can fly away higher and higher into the sky and never look back.

© 2012 rikdem


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really descriptive and well written. Thoroughly enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing it

Posted 12 Years Ago


mmmhh.nice poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 8, 2012
Last Updated on February 8, 2012

Author

rikdem
rikdem

someplace way to small =/, ME



About
I love to write :) I am so tired of crappy relationships and most of all I'm tired of the small town i live in I just want to get away from here and get out of this town for good...just one more yea.. more..

Writing
Mountain Mountain

A Story by rikdem


FACEBOOK FACEBOOK

A Poem by rikdem