Parade of Mortus

Parade of Mortus

A Story by The Ringmaster
"

A black parade for sure.

"
 
Down the street, what could that noise be? I asked myself, looking outside form my bedroom window. Outside the dusty glass, the night was shone in a perpetual twilight. the sky was black, yet it was as if someone was shining a street light over everything. The trees swayed with now wind, and he felt a shudder, as the steady thrumming echoing down the streets became a rhythm. The black top of the road was resounding every single beat of the coming marching band, but what could they be doing out this late?
 
I groped up from my bed, throwing the sweaty sheets onto the ground, and placing on a pair of ratty jeans and a white T-Shirt. After wiping my long brown crop of ratty hair from my eyes, I stepped out into the dark hall way, carefully tip-toeing down the creaky oak hall, in order not to wake my parents, yet strangely, they were absent fro Mather room, the Alarm clocks red digital face illuminating only sheets.
 
After a seemingly long walk through my old house, I opened the heavy door to my house and closed it on the way out. Almost everyone on my street was out, to watch the parade. Cool dew made my sock bearing feet cold and wet, but I kept going, almost hypnotized by the beat. Scores of people were crowded on the streets, murmuring questions and hushed warning about the band.
 
After pushing myself to the front of the crowd, I recognized my friend Riley. Her blonde hair was as usual falling into a normal hair style even though she had only just woken up. I trudged over to her, and she was spear pointing the social group I Hung out with. Mt good friends Gary and Josh were busy rebuking one of the neighborhood jerks. He was short, but believed he was tougher than everyone Else. Truth be told, he cowered from the slightest confrontation. Symon was as usual, polishing his glasses that never left his pale face. The fraternal twins, Sharon and Tyler simply stood waiting.
"Rikes, what's going on out here?" I asked Riley, calling her by my long time nick name for her(Received for her middle name, Kay, and her last name Sermon).
 
"As far as I know, there's a parade that's supposed to arrive in a few minutes. They are pretty loud though, I can hear the percussion from here! Of course that's what woke most people up. Hey, do you know what's up with the lighting out here? The street Goth's are barely glowing." She said.
 
"No idea. Wait, it's coming over the Hill!" I shouted, watching the first of the band crest the hill. The first in line was as usual a flag twirler. Most people were crying out in shock, the flag twirler was nothing but pale yellowed bones. A single red dot glowed from one of his sockets, which shifted from either socket, surveying the spectators. The percussion with their hypnotic beat began to show. At the head the drum major was giving commands via his base drum. However, his skin was pale green, covered in pale dead veins. Hos uniform was torn, and his eyes showed nothing but pure insanity. The stick he was using was even more gruesome, a gore stained human femur. Behind him the rest of the percussion showed. Large anthropomorphic wolves played drums, steadily, hypnotically. Their canine eyes were blood shot, and their yellow claws tapped their sticks.
 
To complete the image, a gruesome decomposed band began to march over the hill, their skin was falling off, their bodies were rotting, and bones were sticking out of their crippled uniforms. Around them, the trees began to uproot themselves, using the huge wooden roots as tentacles to push themselves to wards the streets, following behind the band. the ground rumbled as they moved, their branches swayed as a new chilling wind came. The trees shriveled, became black and lifeless. Faces appeared in the bark, twisted contorted and gruesome. Through the wind they whispered...
 
"Follow us, come to us... Welcome to the Black parade.... Please join us... We could be friends..." They whispered eerily.
Then the final part of the parade arrived. A huge trail of people, at first they recognized some of them, form the other streets, then they got more and more hideous, Older and older. they were following the Black parade, following it until they withered into bones and nothing else. The bodies got less and less healthy, their clothes getting older and older as they progressed. Finally the last of the throng came, just skeletons, some of them snapping and unable to go on with their brothers and sisters, crumbling into dust and blowing as a white cloud underneath the feet of the Black Parade, going on even though the rest of their bodies couldn't. Once you join, you cannot leave.
Welcome to the Black Parade.

Expect a re-make of this, I'm tired and this is jsut a rough draft, expect a much mroe grotesque and gory version, delvign into the personality and relationships of the characters, along with ewaht happens after the end of this story.

A Circus Production.... Heh-heh... Heh-heh... Haha-ha-ha-haha!

© 2009 The Ringmaster


Author's Note

The Ringmaster
Rough-draft

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on June 12, 2009

Author

The Ringmaster
The Ringmaster

If you know what it is, find me., MI



About
I am Ryan Swanson. You mnay know me ffrom my pervious exploits on Blogspot, for the Hells Gate Series of short stories. Now I am an aspiring writer, and hope to become a Horror novel writer. My goal.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by The Ringmaster