Agony

Agony

A Story by Megan

I am here. I am everywhere. Every place you've been I have waited. Every face you've seen I have worn. I have not one name but thousands. I come on the wings of an epidemic. Of a massacre. A lone scream in the night. Announced by the distant cries of a war or the bleat of a slaughtered calf. I visit the dying in their burning skin. Devour the bodies of the sick. I crush hearts of the hopeful as I dance on the backs of the weak. Your greatest fears are my delight. With your cries you invite me in. I am betrayal you could not have seen. The killer you thought you knew. One day I will be your mother or your father or your friend. Another day I will be your neighbor or perhaps I'll work through you one day. There ARE monsters hiding in your closets and there ARE ghosts hiding under your bed. The dream you feared was real... Is real. These are gifts to you from me. I love you in my little way. With your suffering I am alive! Can't you hear the music on the wind?don't you recognize the tune? Your spirit torn limb from limb. But I am not death. Death is your deliverer. Death looks to me with sorrow in his eyes and ask " Why must you do this?" My answer remains the same. I do what you cannot. No end is swift under my watch. Mercy is a mistake I correct. I am peace destroyed with eyes forced open. The ragged ring around your neck. I am your secret wish for others. I am their secret wish for you. I have not one name but thousands. But you... You may call me Agony. I am pleased to make your acquaintance.

© 2011 Megan


Author's Note

Megan
This is another favorite of mine from Katy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on June 29, 2011
Last Updated on June 29, 2011