Benjamin Boa

Benjamin Boa

A Story by Riss Ryker
"

A baby boa constrictor wants to fit in but can't. What should he do?

"

snakes

Benjamin the baby boa, tired of lying in the sun, was lonely for a friend. 
He slithered silently searching for someone to play with.

He came upon a chipmunk sitting on a rock. 
img_1310-step-six

“Hi, will you play with me?” he asked the chittery chipmunk.

“Oh!” it chattered, “no, no! Mama said never play with those who slither!” and swiftly she scattered.

Frowning, Benjamin slithered on until he spied a baby bunny. “Hi! Will you play with me?” he asked the bouncy bunny.
2448136

“Oh, dear me, no!” squeaked the bunny, “Daddy said stay away from from those who hiss!” and off she hopped and popped away.

Benjamin was sad, and big snake tears rolled down his scaly face. His mama found him crying and asked, “Benji, why are you crying, my sweet?”

“Mama, no one wants to play with me. Why is everyone afraid?” he asked, feeling sorry for himself.

“Well, we don’t have legs or fur, ” she told him. “We are different. Many creatures are afraid of those who are different.”

“Then I don’t want to be different!” he cried, “I want fur and legs!”

“No, my sweet,” she said, flicking her tongue softly against his scaly, tear-stained cheek. “You must NEVER be afraid of being different! You are you, and you’re beautiful! Your colors are shiny and new, like a shiny jewel!”

images (9)

“I am?” he asked, feeling rather proud. “I am! I am a beautiful snake!”

“That’s right, my little Benjamin, and don’t you ever forget it!” she wiggled happily.

Benjamin felt better and he smiled his hissy smile,  sliding happily in his little snaky walk. He was proud to be who he was.

il_340x270.463120113_tc67

 

© 2015 Riss Ryker


Author's Note

Riss Ryker
For my granddaughter, Emma, who calls me the 'Crazy Snake Lady'. This one is for you, Sweetie!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
First story I've read on hear and kinda glad I did.Sweet.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I don't read many stories. I am glad I read this, it was cute.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ed Fagan

9 Years Ago

It would be. I hope you can make that dream a reality ... what does it say about my maturity level t.. read more
Riss Ryker

9 Years Ago

haha! Don't feel bad! I still read kids books on the sly when my grandkids aren't even here!
Ed Fagan

9 Years Ago

lol, that's too funny! I won't tell anyone. :P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 22, 2015
Last Updated on January 22, 2015
Tags: children's stories, short kids stories, children's books, cute stories, teaching stories, good morals, teaching empathy, teaching to accept differences

Author

Riss Ryker
Riss Ryker

Amsterdam, NY



About
Riss Ryker is a self proclaimed introvert, a dreamer, and believes in kindness to others. She loves to grow flowers, herbs, and hang out with her three dogs and her python named Blossom. A new writer .. more..

Writing