A Cat's Day Out

A Cat's Day Out

A Story by Riss Ryker
"

This is a richly descriptive story/poem describing a day out with a domestic cat.

"
images (8)

Four paws stealthy, she slinks along the wall, her claws mouse-ready. Eyes dilated with anticipation, she hugs the earth like an old friend, grass sweet in her flaring nostrils. Each movement a study in grace, as one at a time paws lift, held in silent suspension.

There! Statue-still in cat pursuit, her prey in view, she stalks. Green eyes, pin-pricked small, they focus on twitching, nervous whiskers. The mouse, quivering obliviousness, munching crunchy seeds, she sits.

Pretty kitty, haunches taunt and muscles bunched, her claws unsheathed and sharp as razors.
Back end wiggle, tail whipping, she pounces. Sharp teeth find their mark to the sound of a high pitched squeak, biting into warm flesh paralyzed.

A new toy for fat cat to bat in the warm summer sun! Mock hunting, she relives the chase, bringing the food proudly home to a screaming host. Window seat she sleeps, purring content.

© 2015 Riss Ryker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

149 Views
Added on February 2, 2015
Last Updated on February 2, 2015
Tags: nature poems, poetry about animals, cats, felines, cats hunting, prey

Author

Riss Ryker
Riss Ryker

Amsterdam, NY



About
Riss Ryker is a self proclaimed introvert, a dreamer, and believes in kindness to others. She loves to grow flowers, herbs, and hang out with her three dogs and her python named Blossom. A new writer .. more..

Writing