The Narrow Road

The Narrow Road

A Story by Dorita

          The Narrow Road

 

              Chapter One

 

 

 

  On the banks of the river I ran across the sands of the Eastern parts of a small town that I grew up in.

  And even some friends, but not who I really wanted to notice. But that was a story for another time. Right now I wanted to focus on my new life there.

  To live in a new place wasn’t something that I had found hard to do in the past so why was I so nervous now? The parts of where I lived now that captured my heart were the ranches and the horses, and the people.

  But I still loved where I grew up. Not just the friends that I had left behind, but everyone there that I met. Everyone in the city I moved to were so friendly and welcoming.

  What made them that way? I wondered. The wind picked up now and took my long hair with it and I imagined that the open fields were somehow the ocean and the light breeze that made the grass sway were the waves.

  The days that I walked along the field were filled with trusting God and living for him. And as I left there and began walking along a road that wasn’t very wide, I kept my gaze on Jesus’ eyes.

  They were filled with kindness and love. And a gentleness. The man that was God too. He was so kind, pure, loving, good, great, and forgiving. But also full of justice and doing the right thing. Even if it went away from what people wanted or expected. How could he not? He was God and things have to be his way and not ours. What if we always got our way?

  What would happen then? It wouldn’t be the way it should. The wind takes me as though I am being pushed along this road and it keeps me walking.

   A rock is now in my pathway and it’s large. It looks too big for me to get over and I peer at it like it will just move.

  “Move rock”, I say.

  It doesn’t. I say it again, this time louder. “Move rock!”

   It still doesn’t. Tears now fall down my face as I have no idea how to get over it. I look to my left and see a larger road there. The people there don’t seem to have as many rocks and they look at me and wave me to come over there.

  I look at them and then at the rock, when I see Jesus come over the rock and his eyes look at me.

  Then I smile as I know better than to go to that road. Then he lifts me up and takes me over the rock. He carries me. And places me on the other side.

  Now the people on the wide road look at me in confusion. Why didn’t I let the rock ruin my life? Did they not see Jesus carrying me over it?

  I keep walking and there are trees to my left and tree’s to my right. There are some people on this road with me. And they are sometimes confused which road they want to be on.

  And I really wonder why that is. Don’t they know where the wide road leads? Now I realize that I sometimes want to go there. But I know better.

  I keep walking and then I stop and take a rest and think that I don’t always need to walk right? I can take a “break” from this road.

  But then I feel the wind again picking me up and telling me to keep walking. I walk and then realize another rock. This time it’s bigger.

  And I once again look to my left and see the wide road. I want to go there. I start going there when I see Jesus again. He looks at me and shakes his head.

  Then I almost laugh now and say, “Okay”

  Then he lifts me up again and carries me over. I ask him, “is there ever a time when you won’t carry me over rocks?”

  He thinks about this, and then shakes his head, “no”. This gives me so much peace now as I take his hand as we keep walking.

  “Is there a time when you will let go of my hand?”, I ask him.

  He looks at me, “no”.

  “Is there a time when I won’t need you and I’ll be fine on my own?”

   He looks at me now and smiles, “no”.

  Now he takes my hand again and then we keep walking. This time when another rock comes I look at it and this time I’m not as worried because he is holding my hand. And I know that he’s carried me over rocks before.

  And he can do it again. And he does. He carries me over this one too. And then takes my hand again. We keep walking and I ask him.

  “So if other people are on the wide road why do I need to be on this one?”

  “You don’t. You can leave me at any time and go there if you want. But just know where it leads. And remember that”

  I look there as I’m still holding his hand and the choice seems so easy now. “And here I’m with you”

  “Yes. And I won’t let go of you”

  “Never? But I mess up and I’m not perfect. And I make mistakes. And I’m tempted to join the wide road. And I keep not trusting you when the rocks come”

   “Come to me when you are tired and weary and I will give you rest, take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul”.

  Now I look up at him, “always?”

  “Always”

  Happy tears and tears of relief fill my eyes now as I think about going to him whenever hard times come. I keep walking and then keep holding his hand.

  Now another rock comes and now it’s getting tiring. I keep looking at the wide road and how much easier it looks. But then I remember where it leads again and stay on the narrow road.

  I keep walking and I wonder when it comes to an end but I keep walking and keep holding unto Jesus’ hand. And he carries me over the rock again.

  This time I wonder why I doubt him when they come when I know he always gets me through? What makes me doubt he will? And I know it has to do with the other road.

  I think that the rocks come because of the road I’m on and it would be much easier to go to the wider one even if the end is bad.

  Then Jesus looks at me again and says, “I have come to give you life and life abundantly”.

  “How do I have this life?”

   “Put your hope in God and don’t forget his deeds and keep his commandments”.

  I nod and then think back to all the times that I did put my hope in God. Why was it so hard to do then?

  “Why is it harder now?”

  “Are you putting your hope in me? Or in man?”

  I think about this and how often I look to the people on the wide road and then know why I get down. And he’s right. I was putting my hope in man and there ways.

  “The thoughts and opinions of man are not God’s. His ways are higher than yours. And his thoughts higher than yours.”

   Now I try to keep Gods commands but they are sometimes hard and I fall to my knees. And think that I may as well give up. I will never be “good enough”.

  Then Jesus comes and puts out his hand to me and offers to help me up and it’s my choice if I grab his hand or if I stay on the ground.

  I sometimes like staying there, because it’s pleasing to man if they are there too. And it’s relatable. Because everyone goes through hard times and sometimes people think that if you are still “okay” then that means that you don’t care.

  I look at Jesus now and ask him, “if I have cares and worries and people don’t understand what do I say?”

  “Do not be over-anxious, therefore about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself”

   I nod and we keep walking. Now I get tired and remember him saying, to go to him when I get tired. I ask him to help me and it’s like I’m learning what to now when something happens. I no longer feel like I want to be on the wide road. Nor does it look so tempting.

  When the rocks come I know he’ll carry me over it. And when I’m walking along the road, I know that he’ll be holding my hand.

  So he’ll never leave me. I talk with him along this road and he talks to me. Now though I wonder what the future holds.

  But then I remember when he said that I shouldn’t worry about the future.

  Now Jesus looks at me and says, “she is clothed with wisdom and strength and laughs without fear of the future”

 I smile and then my smile turns into laughter and I then nod at him. “You give such good advice”

   He just smiles and then we keep walking. There are bigger rocks along the way but I know that he helped me with the smaller ones so he’ll help me with the bigger ones too.

  I hear music playing on this road. And all of it is worshipping Jesus. I listen and then dance to it. Now I look at Jesus and his eyes are so full of love and kindness. And they look proud. As I worship.

  “What if I mess up?”

  “If you confess your sins, he is faithful to forgive your sins and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness”

  “What if I stop believing that you will forgive me?”

  He looks at me and says nothing now, “if you are in me you are a new creature and the old is passed away and behold you are now new”

  Now I smile at him, and nod. Then he takes me in his loving arms and holds me. There I find peace, joy, comfort and love. Forgiveness for my sins. And rest.

  In his embrace. I am a new creation and a new person. And I have faith. Faith, hope, and love. Because of this I no longer worry as much and just rest in his love for me.

  I love God more and people. And living for him is better now than anything else. I now fly over the rocks and jump over brooks. I sore on the wings of eagles. And forget about the wide road completely. It’s no longer any temptation.

   I have a new life in Jesus. He had changed me completely. And made me new and different. I am happy when I was sad. I am complete when I was lacking. I was afraid, and now I have no fear.

  I was wanting more from life, and now I have life in Jesus who is life. I was helpless and now I am held. I was worried, and now he takes it away. I live a new life. I didn’t believe, and now I believe in Jesus.

  I doubted, and now I no longer feel doubtful. The wider road looks appealing again now. And even more than before. Because of my new found life, Satan tries harder to get me there.

  But because of my faith, I don’t go. I am changed, renewed. Not even the greatest temptations of joining them or living there, affect me.

  I have a life of love, peace, understanding, faith. Hope. I feel forgiven and special to God. I am his child and loved by him. When I believe that I am loved by the God of the universe my anger and frustrations go away. I have things to say that matter now because I know the one who really matters. And his words are so important to live by. I obey him because I know that things go bad when I don’t.

 I have someone to lift me over life’s problems now and give me protection. Sometimes rocks come, but not all the time. There are long periods of time when there aren’t any.

   The road keeps going and I keep walking along it. Never leaving it. The road I walk on is narrow and maybe not as wide as the wide road. Or as popular but that doesn’t bother me. I try to stay humble on this road for I know who is the head of it. And who holds my heart and my life.

  He gives me peace. A peace that isn’t found on the wide road. They maybe look happy sometimes but they lack peace. They are going this way or that. But on this road my eyes are always ahead of me. 

  On Jesus. My life doesn’t get distracted easily when my eyes are on him. And I forget there are even rocks. It’s like I’m floating over them. And I rest safely in his embrace.

                     

 

 

 

 

 

                       *                *               *

 

 

 

 

 

  I feel happy as I keep walking and whenever I stop walking and then noticed Jesus walking ahead of me.

  Now I follow in his steps after him and say, “Step, step, step”, in time with his steps. Like a child now I jump on his shoulders. And he takes me hands. I feel childlike now and we are on a beach. The sun is setting and it’s just me and him.

  The sand is so orange. The sun is so beautiful and orange and pink. The tide comes in and then out again. This is where I picture being with him. Or meeting him for the first time. He is so precious to me. This is my prayer now.

   “Dear Lord,

  Thank you for the narrow road which I am on. Thank you for belief in the midst of doubt. Thank you for sparing me from a bad life. Thank you for heaven where I’ll someday be with you.

  Thank you for life, and love. Thank you for allowing me to write about you. Thank you for being who are you are. Thank you for the cross. Thank you that you aren’t make believe. You are very real. Thank you for all you’ve done.

  I worship and adore you and I’m not concerned anymore who isn’t. I just know that I want to focus on you. And you’re eyes. Not judging anyone. Because I am too busy praising you.

  I love you Jesus.

                         Amen”.

    I dance, I sing, I love. On the narrow road. I keep walking and imagine walking with Jesus on the beach. I am like a child. I dance on his lap and then jump up unto his shoulder and then we keep walking along the beautiful beach.

  We come to a place where I see the cross. And I realize how hard this was for him dying there. Tears fill my eyes, and then he shows me the tomb. And then he shows me that he rose again.

  And then he shows me where he went into the clouds. And I look at him. And then feel the Holy Spirit. The gift of God. The Holy Spirit, Jesus and God are all one. They are all God in one.

  Everything feels and is so real to me now. I praise God. I lift my hands to him and praise him. I leave all places where he isn’t proclaimed and loved.

  He is wonderful and amazing and great. All worthy of being praised and adored. He is life and life itself. I am full of his presence. And feel so much peace.

  The world forgets him but I won’t. What would I be without him? What would I be without my God? After all he’s done and who he is how could I ever forget him?

  He is the Lord overall and everyone will see him for who he is. The maker of heaven and earth. He created both.

  If it were not so he would have told us. He is amazing. He is the one who is perfect, we are forgiven. No one but him is perfect and worthy of being worshiped. We aren’t too worship people. They are just his creation.

  No matter how great they are. We are to just worship God. And praise him alone. Jesus was God and he was still humble. I’m found in his love.

  Love, and love. And more love. He is love. He is grace, he is power. I want what he wants and his will. Only then will I have peace and happiness.

 

                   

 

                       *                *               *

 

 

 

 

 

   The road stretched on and I keep walking along it. The waterfalls are so pretty and the grass growing. The creation of God is so pretty all around me. I wonder on this road if God has a guy for me. But either way it’s okay if he does and okay if he doesn’t.

  Because he is enough for me to be satisfied. He is all I need. Over the years I wanted to get married so badly and that was so much a focus. But now he is my focus and pleasing him and doing his will.

   To my right I see a girl and let’s called her “Lacey”. She is on the wide road. I long for her to come to the narrow one. But how to reach her and make a difference? Without sounding judgemental or harsh about it.

  I ask Jesus now how to reach people on the wide road. He tells me to be a light. And just try and influence them. He is the one who saves.

  Jesus saves. And he always loved people he met in the Bible. And when others judged them, he loved them. He also told a lady to go and sin no more.

  Now the sun casts its glow over the road and the warmth of the sun is so nice now. It warms me. I keep walking and then another rock comes. Jesus lifts me over it. And we keep walking. Then I wonder when it will end. But I try not to think about that too much. On this road I know that the end is heaven.

  A place where God lives and his angels and other Christians. People who accepted Jesus into their lives, hearts, and lived for him.

  Along the road I lost people. People that meant so much to me. I was sad but Jesus held me and is still holding me. Lifting me in his arms and carrying me along the road.

  In his arms I am safe. In his arms I am secure. In his arms I am his.

  In his arms I am forgiven. He changes me every day. Now I keep walking and try not to focus too much on things trying to bring me down.

  Like being jealous of others. Or what I don’t have. Because I have the Lord. Who is the most important to me. And the only one I need. Being single and alone is never me. Because I am never really ever alone nor will I ever be.

  I am single now, but not alone. For he is always with me and I will always be his. His sheep. When I stray he comes to find me. He takes his sheep into his arms and then carries me back to him.

  He promises me that he will never leave me. And I rest in that knowledge. I meet different people on this road. And sometimes they hurt me. I wonder what to do about it. But Jesus tells to forgive them. I know I’m not perfect either.

  So I try to forgive them and he helps me do this. It’s not always easy to do this but so good too once I do.

  It’s like letting go of a large burden I carry. It’s like carrying a large rock and letting go. And handing it over to Jesus to take. I asked him to forgive me for my sins and if I want to be forgiven I have to forgive too.

  Now I bask in his goodness to me. Realizing how much he’s blessed me. I dance, I sing, I worship him. I keep my gaze once again on him. I keep walking along this road. Now the wide road looks tempting again and another rock is in my path.

  Now I ask Jesus if I can just go there, because of the rocks. He tells me no, and to keep walking.

  I ask him to lift me up and carry me again. And he does. This time I love being held by him. I just fall asleep in his embrace. I wake up and we are still on the road.

  Now as far as I can see there aren’t rocks. Not that life is perfect but they are no where to be seen.

  “Where are the rocks?”

  “Right now I took them all out of the way and it’s all smooth. Know that this time is a time of peace. Like crossing a river or ocean. To rest. So now just rest in me and relax”

  I love his words and they give me comfort now. So I keep walking along the road as there are no more rocks here right now. And I wonder though when the next rock will come.

  Things now seem to peaceful to be real. There are no rocks right now and I wonder how long this will last.

  Now I look to my left and the people on the road actually have rocks too. Except they don’t go to Jesus to carry them.

  I wonder how they get over them. And then I realize how hard it must be not to have him to carry you.

   But they don’t go to him. I pray for them that they will go to Jesus and ask him to carry them. Over the rocks. Then I see some of them walking towards the narrow road and they join us.

  I realize they must be coming to know Jesus and accepting him into their hearts, lives and souls.

   They look at me and smile. And I hug them now. Life is so much better for them now and they have someone to help them over the rocks.

  Peace and calm they know now.

  “Was life better on that road?”, I ask someone.

  “No, there were rocks that were hard to get over. There were other people that were proud of their sins. There wasn’t hope and there wasn’t as much love. On this road there is love. And there is Jesus.

  We now want to live for him. And love him. And I never want to go back to that road again”

  Now I smile at Jesus and he smiles back. There is a new innocence I feel. Like once again being a child.

  I feel like a child and know that I am his child and sheep. Now I am carried again by him. And have his peace.

 

 

                   *              *            *

 



  Now the sun keeps shining and I feel the warmth. The sun shines through the tree’s and shines on us. Then we keep walking.

  Now I realize just how much better things are on the narrow road. Things just appeared better sometimes on the wide road.

  But they weren’t. Now I keep walking expecting another rock but there isn’t one. I walk for miles and then stop and take a rest. And I fall and look up as Jesus comes again and looks down at me.

  “It’s up to you. Do you want me to lift you up?”

  “Yes”, I say.

  And he lifts me up into his arms again and we keep going. I ask him why I keep falling and what it is all about.

  He tells me that it is when I’m not trusting him and not living the way I should. And not obeying him. Once I turn back to his eyes and him I am fine again. 

  I need to fully trust him though and let go when worries come and trust in his plan for my life. To not worry about the problems that come. And not worry that there aren’t problems because even when they come I can go to him.

  To just be happy and joyful every day and follow him. I follow him again and step behind him. One step at a time. Step, step, step. Like a child following her dad. Like a sheep following the shepherd.

  Now I realize how in control he is. And how he capable of handling everything that comes. There is no situation where he can’t handle something.

  I realize that hope, love and faith are what matter in life and that grows in me. Now I keep walking along the narrow road and follow in Jesus’ steps. I realize my faith grow more and more along this road. Every day it grows more and more. I meet new people along the way.

  Some who have known the Lord for years and some that just came to know him. But that fact bonds us as we are on the same road. That fact makes me feel so good now and full of love for the body of Jesus.

  My brothers and sisters with me on this road. Now I make new friends who also know him and I grow to love them more.

  Even when difficulties with them come sometimes we are all part of Jesus’ body and he helps us have a bond in him.

  Only in him can we have complete unity and love. Only in him can we get along fully and let go of things standing in our way.

  In him we move and work, and have our being. He created us and knitted us together in our mother’s womb. And we are fearfully and wonderfully made.

  All of this brings me joy in times where I don’t like the way I look, or feel. When I have doubts when I am Gods child I just feel like he lets me know that I am.

  He speaks to me telling me that I am his sheep. I picture me and him in a grassy field and I am his sheep.

  Sometimes when I wonder off he brings me back. I picture myself as a little sheep in his arms now. And everything that I face in the world goes away.

  My worries and fears go away and I’m found in his love and grace. As I focus on his grace, I feel so much better about my life. And not only does he have grace for me, but for all his children.

  He has love, grace, mercy, forgiveness, discipline, encouragement for his kids. And rest. A rest that the world doesn’t give us. They don’t know the same rest there is in him.

  Now I imagine a walk with Jesus as his sheep and we all follow him as sheep. He leads us all down a road. And we keep walking with him.

  When one is sick or sad he picks that one up and holds it. We all look up at him as he is comforting the sheep.

  Then we keep walking. And I love being with him. The wide road is forgotten now and so are the rocks.

  What are they compared to the goodness of Jesus Christ? He conquered everything. And with God all things are possible. I think about this as times come that aren’t always easy.

  That nothing can happen to us that he doesn’t allow to happen. But there are good and evil in the world. But he conquered evil.

  And it no longer needs to be feared. It isn’t his wish that we are so much with him yet, as it is that we stay away from evil. As I think about him and lying safely in his arms where nothing can touch me, evil is far from me.

  And the wolves of the world can’t touch me. I am safe and secure there. Being held. May I never forget that I am his and always and forever live for him. And him alone.

                                

 

                 *              *               *

 

 

 

  As I keep walking along the narrow road I feel so happy now as there aren’t very many rocks. And now as I see one coming my way I look to Jesus as I’m holding his hand.

   “Can you just take them all away. If things are better here how come there are rocks?”

   “Because every time they come you ask me to carry you. And every time you fall you ask me to help you up. You realize that you need me. If they weren’t there, you would think that you could live this life on your own. You need my help and when I do help you, you feel more love and comfort then you ever would have felt before.

  You can hope and fly on the wings on eagles. When you are flying over the rocks and looking at them below, nothing bothers you.

  Fly and don’t look back at where I have taken you out of. Don’t remember the rocks just focus ahead of you. Focus on me and the wonderful future that I will give you.

  For I love you. And always will”

  Now I look at him with love, and say, “I always will love you too. I may struggle sometimes but I will always be yours and always love you”.

  He smiles at me and once again I feel like a little child that he loves. And I am his. The days pass and happiness comes over me on this road now.

  Nothing bothers me too much for I am like an eagle. Flying over the rocks now, and feeling comfort and love in God’s presence.

  As I lean on him. As I focus on Jesus, it is like I am flying over the problems of life. And the more I trust him, it is like I have less problems. Or maybe I just notice them less because I don’t need anything else but him. Now I realize he was right. Whenever I fell I asked him to help me up. Whenever there was a rock, a problem I would turn to him for help over it.

  And he would right away help me. He would carry me. I was safe in his arms of love. Safe always.

  On the road he would carry me. He would carry me through life whether things were good or bad. He would carry me. Now I keep walking, and take his hands.

  “Thank you Jesus”, I tell him now. “Thank you for always carrying me through every problem. Thank you for loving me even when I mess up. Thank you for helping me stand when I feel like crawling. Thank you for allowing me to be your child when I deserve the wide road.

  Thank you for loving me and I love you so much. I love you for all you’re done and who you are. You are just. You are fair and you defend me. You ask me to forgive others because you forgive me. There are times I make mistakes but you are full of grace. And mercy. And love.

  All of this in your name I pray,

     Amen.”

 

   Now I keep realize that I will always need him. There will never be a day where I am good to go until heaven. Then I will be with Jesus. And in heaven there will be no more pain or suffering.

  On earth there will be trouble but Jesus overcame those. He overcame the world. Now I focus on this and keep walking. And talking to him.

  The trees are the good times that also happen. They come and go but they usually come back if you choose to see the good. Now I dance in praise to God. And keep dancing as I praise him. Worshiping my Lord.

   There are trees and rocks in life, but as I look at the trees life is better. Focusing on the good times helps me through the bad ones. I love the trees but I love Jesus more.

  I love the good times but I would rather have Jesus then happiness. But he gives me happiness. A joy that can’t be explained or put into words. Like a joy that is a birthday party and a Christmas present. And Disneyland.

  And cotton candy, and a mocha. And people all smiling at you. That not even comes close to the joy that comes from God. The laughter that comes from a life lived for him is so great.

  Because it’s like he is speaking to you and telling you a joke. It’s lying in bed and diving under the covers and laughing to yourself because he is so amazing and you had the best day.

   It is like sitting on a beach and seeing the waves crashing unto the shore while there is a sunset and a vendor giving you three ice cream cones.

  It’s like your boss giving you four days off and then a vacation. It’s like your team always winning. Or someone always mowing your lawn for you for free. But the joy that God gives you is way better that all of this.

   His love is so great that it just overwhelms you. Living in his love is like getting thirty hugs at church. Or the hockey team all coming to hug you.

  Love for everyone will look different. But no matter what gives you love or joy his is better than anything you can describe here on earth. Because his love, joy, and peace are from a place of perfection.

  It’s perfect love, perfect grace, perfect joy. The kind that this world can’t take away. They can try. But they can’t. Won’t be able too.

  Or maybe run away from it. Run from the world back into Jesus’ arms. It is safer there. I crawl back there now and am held. Once again. I never get tired of being there. And being protected.

  Times come that scare me and I run from some things. But with God all things are possible and I can really stay and take things that are hard with his help. But there are times I believe when we should run from things bringing us down.

  But go to God with what to leave. Now I keep walking on the narrow road and am very happy to be here. Not looking back, not looking to my left. Not even looking that much forward.

  I am looking at Jesus. And there I am safe and keep walking. The most I look at him the less I fall, and the less the problems bother me.

  His joy that he gives and the love are so great that I just bask in his goodness. Now I rest by a tree and read a book. The Bible. The words encourage me to live for God and just for him.

  No one else will love me better. No one else will take my pain. No other name will hold me forever. No one can trick me into earthy gain.

  I smile as I keep reading the Bible and learning more and more about Jesus and then realize how in control of things he is. Just because I don’t always focus on him that is my fault and he is still there. Because when I read the Bible I learn that he is all powerful and very aware of everything going on.

  And he see’s everything that people do. Including me. Now I fall down and worship Jesus. I fall down and praise his name. I fall down and love him more. I fall down and surrender everything to him.

  I let go of all that I held unto and give it to him. Nothing is more important to me then him. Nothing can take his place. Loving him always and forever, and with him my life will never grow dim.

   I keep walking and talking to Jesus and keep going through life. Focusing on him and heaven. On love and his faithfulness. On his faithful love.

 

 

 

                *                 *                *

 

 

 

 

     

  The rain came down now and brought with it a wind. The road stayed calm though and then it past. Now I keep walking and then stop and turn to my left. There are people still walking there, and I pray that they will come to the narrow road.

  They now look sad to me and without a hope. They used to seem so happy to me but now I see their pain. They still have some happy moments but there is a void without Jesus. They need to draw near to him and then have a relationship with him They need to become Christians. And join the narrow road.

  The wide road stays and so do I on the narrow one. I pray for them though that they will come to know Jesus. I keep walking and talking to Jesus and having a relationship with him.

   Then there come temptations to give up when the biggest rocks come. I don’t know if Jesus can take me over these.

  They are so big and look overwhelming to me. I fall to my knee’s now and don’t feel hope. Because of this I doubt and fear. And then I don’t know what to do. I start heading to the wide road. Because of the large rocks and falling. And I don’t know what to do.

  Then I remember the verse, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

  And I believe that God will not leave me. I look up and see Jesus there, and I ask him to help me up again. And carry me over the rock. And I’m not sure he will this time because I doubted.

  But then I see him reach down and lovingly pick me up. Once again he takes me over the huge rocks. And biggest fears. He takes me in his arms and holds me so that nothing bad will happen and there I trust him. Then I realize that with Jesus even the biggest problems and biggest fears don’t matter.

  Because I have faith. And because I’m a Christian. A believer in Jesus. He shows himself to me often and is always there. He gives me a hope that is so amazing.

  I sit by a tree now and read the Bible again and read about how amazing God is. And how patient and loving he is. He is loving, just, full of grace. So many things I learn about him and don’t want to ever forget.

  It isn’t about getting what you can from the earth. But about looking towards Jesus for hope.

  Even if I got everything that I could ever want but I lost him what would that matter? For I would lose it someday anyway. But he does bless me with so many things.

  God is a great God and full of love. How often do I doubt his love but it is always there. He is so full of grace too. People don’t always love right or have grace for someone. But he does. Full of grace and compassion.

  Sometimes people from the wide road aren’t nice to me and insult me. Or even from the narrow road. But I want to raise above that and be the person that Jesus wants me to be.

  Full of faith and love. And hope. I want him to change me to be the person he wants me to be. And to not have fears. To have full confidence in him. And him alone. He is the one I’m living for.

  Now I stand up and keep walking along the road. And then begin talking with the girl next to me.

  She tells me what her life is like. And all that she’s been through. At first I think that I can’t believe all that she’s been through.

  But then I know that Gods been faithful in her life because she’s gotten through it all. Sometimes when people talk I hear them complaining when really what they are saying is that God got them through all of this.

  They just leave out that part sometimes. But as I walk away from them maybe I can say it. That God got them through that. They are still walking on the narrow road.

  Now I keep walking and hear more people share what God has done in their lives. I hear testimony after testimony. And listen as people share with me what they have all been through.

  At first I get sad at their heartbreak and pain. And then I get sad about my own. But I know that Jesus is the answer in times of pain and suffering.

  To really lean on him in hard times and ask him to help them. How often did I ask him to take away my pain? I wanted to keep it sometimes because it gave me an excuse to be sad about it.

  But then as the rocks grew they became so big and harder to get over. I remember back to a time when the rocks weren’t so big and hard to get over. But if rocks are big or small Jesus is still the way to get over them.

  Now I keep walking and realize smaller rocks. And I ask him for help again. As I keep going I realize that even when I’m just walking I need him.

  I always need him. No matter what is happening or going on. In the good times and in the not so good times. I read now by a brook and then open my Bible.

  I read it and then get up. Now I find some people walking and join them. They are walking in a group and I wonder if it’s okay to be such close friends with people if God is to be my everything.

  What if I put my hope in them? Now I ask him this question about friends and wonder what to do now.

  What if when rocks come we try and help each other over them? And don’t go to Jesus now? When I’m on my own it’s more understood to me that I will go to him.

  But if I’m so close to people will we just find a way over? Will it be as easy for us to get over it?

  Or will it still be hard. As I remember Jesus carrying me over the rocks and the people next to me come to me with problems do I turn them to do the same? To go to Jesus? Or do I act like they should come to me?

  Jesus said, “Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden”, and yet we are to carry each other’s burdens too.

  Now I’m confused and we stop at a rock that is in front of a girl. She looks at us and asks us to help her over it.

  At first I go and try and help her. Then I can’t do it perfectly. I ask the people next to me to help too. But they can only lift her part way.

  Now I got my answer. That it does help having people try and help you but they can’t take the problem away. People can lift you up or pray for you. But they themselves have to go to God for help. He is the real answer in life.

  And that fact is such a relief to me now. No longer are peoples problems such a burden but I give them to God. If he can help me over things he can help them too. For he is faithful.

  Now she asks God for help and he carries her over the rock to the other side. Her face lights up and she keeps walking. The next time that someone needs help we do the same thing, until we all get it.

  He is the only one that can save us from problems or carry us over them. Some he takes away completely. Now I keep walking and some people from the narrow road pass away.

  They go to heaven and there road comes to a great end. But it’s sad for a while for us still walking. We all stop for a while and think that we have an excuse to be sad and hopeless but God tells us that they are with him and we need to keep going on this race.

  The people that were walking on the road that died are now surrounding us and cheering us on. They are a great and wonderful crowd. I see them now and they are all cheering for us.

  It’s so encouraging now. And I feel so loved. By God, the people who died, and by others on the road.

  Feeling so loved and special makes me so happy on this road and I have no regrets about joining it. So thankful that I’m on this road and I never ever want to leave it. Ever.     

 


                *                *               *

 

 

 

 

 

  Then I keep walking and try now to trust God and I realize that I am always learning new things and growing in my walk with God.

  I learn and grow in my faith all the time as I go through the days. And I just grow in my love and obedience to Jesus. And listening to his voice for I am his sheep. His sheep hear his voice and they follow him. And I am his sheep.

   As I get over huge rocks with Jesus carrying me, I keep walking and now I see a clear road ahead of me. With no rocks in sight. And I breath in relief. There always will be times of peace. Where everything is fine. Now I wonder when the next rock will come though but that’s not how I want to think.

  I no longer want to worry about anything. For I am fully safe in Jesus’ arms. And I just want to fully trust him. Trusting God is what matters to me.

  There will always be hard and confusing times but he is faithful and good. A good God who looks after me and he really does know best.

  Sometimes I question his ways and wonder what he is up to, but I know that if he wants something for me there is a reason for it and if he doesn’t, there is also a reason for it. Now I wonder what the future holds and want to give up worrying, fear, doubt.

  And just trust God and live in his love. The warmth of the sun, the peace of the trees and the carrying of Jesus.

  He is the answer in all of life’s questions. And the more that I focus on him and his grace I no longer feel afraid of anything. His dying on the cross is what I rely on. The fact that when he looks at me there is forgiveness.

  He sees his blood shed for me that I have accepted. I asked him into my heart. I asked him into my life. I asked him to take my soul and keep it safe.

  He changed my life and would continue to do that. I didn’t want to worry about anything. And live more for him. Why was it so hard to stay on the narrow road some days?

  Why did I get tempted? I think of Jesus and how he was tempted too but never sinned. Now on the road I no longer walk but I run.

  And think about the verse about running the race. And being strong until the end. That’s what I want to do now and be faithful to God and obey him.

  To do what he wants me to do and when he wants me to do it and rest in his grace and forgiveness.

  I stop feeling condemned and remember just how much I am his. And if I wander, he will find me and search for me.

  There is nothing that can snatch me from his hand. Nothing anyone can do to take me away from him. For I am his and he is mine and that will always stay that way.

  Now I keep running the race and hearing cheers from the crowd. And I obey what God commands me. I keep going and then I look and there are other people running too.

  I make more of a difference then I think I do. That everything that I say makes a difference.

  In some way, big or small. Now I dance on the road and sing songs for God. I remember that he is the one that I am living for. I try to please people sometimes but the reason I live is still God.

  My faith grows all the time and I know that he will always take care of me. The moments that are just me and him are amazing to me. The times when I really spend time with him and I pray and spend time praising him are so great.

  I do what I do for him. Because he means so much to me. He matters more to me than money, fame, houses, and other things that I thought I needed to be fulfilled or satisfied.

  They are wonderful blessings though. And God isn’t against marriage. He gives good gifts to his children. And he has blessed my life in so many different and wonderful ways.

  I pray that I will do everything to glorify and honour him and not to show off and that my heart will stay close to him. Now once again I’m soaring on the wings of eagles and my strength is renewed.

  I trust in God. He holds my life. And I try to reach people now on the wide road. Some of them come and are saved.

  How I just want to keep walking and not worry about the rocks. The problems of life come and I keep learning to trust God during them all.

  The peace he gives me while following him is so great and I never want it to leave. God reveals himself to me in different ways. His creation is so beautiful and gives me so much joy.

  I trust him completely. When I don’t spend time with him, I miss him. And when I do again the peace comes back that I get in his presence. He longs to be near me and I long to be near him.

  The love I have for him and others grows more and more. There are times when I make mistakes in not loving someone the way that I should, but then God shows me that I should be more loving.

  He tells me that he still loves a person and I should too. He wouldn’t listen to me complaining too much about someone that he loves. He created everyone for a reason and he loves everyone he made.

  Not that he always likes what they do. But he loves everyone. And he wants me to respect and love everyone too.

   To love my enemies and forgive everyone. I keep walking and as the road stretches out before me I wonder where Jesus is and then look and see him walking right beside me.

  “Have you been here this whole time?”

  He laughs, “yes”

  Then I laugh too and I realize once again what a special friendship he wants with me. That we can talk about everything and anything.

  He cares about the little things in my life and the big things. The time alone I have with him he reveals himself more and more to me.

  Now I realize just how much he still loves me. The Holy Spirit lives inside of me and he give me his comfort and love. And joy. For each day.

  And he’ll never leave. That thought brings me such a great joy. Because people can go or stay. But just knowing that he won’t ever leave me.

  Brings me happiness that I can’t describe. Now I realize that real life is in him. He is the life giver. I am never going to be okay without him leading and guiding my life.

  And he takes away my fears and replaces them with peace. Of course there are times of fears.

  But he brings me a new life. No longer do I need to be afraid of anything. And the peace he gives is out of this world.

  He puts his Holy Spirit in us. And now he always can feel God presence living in us. God gives me the words to say and the strength for each day.

  I really don’t need to worry about anything no matter what it seems like if I have him. And I trust him totally.

 Now I keep walking and see another rock. This one is huge again. And I wonder how I’m going to get over it.

  I stop and look at it. And it’s weird that almost every time before asking Jesus to carry me I worry about how I’m going to get over it.

  And this time is no different. I don’t want to be stubborn and I ask again if Jesus can help me over this. He smiles and then helps me over it.

  Then he holds me as he keep going. Every time that I face a big problem he first carries me over the problem and then keeps carrying me after it.

  I would assume that he would let me go. Sometimes I think that once I’ve gotten over something that I no longer need him to carry me but I do. 

  When people think you’re fine because something is over Jesus knows that’s not true. He knows that you still need him and his help. Almost more then.

   In the days after something hard is when you need him so much. After a breakup, a death, sickness. Losing a job.

  In the moment of suffering you need him, but after too. Needing to always be held by God no matter if you’re happy or sad or grieving. Or just sitting and doing nothing.

  The need for him never ends and it never goes away. That’s not a bad thing. That’s a very good thing.

  It means that we aren’t capable of getting through life on our own. But we know that. And we don’t have to pretend we can.

  Some people can’t show people there pain so they go to other things to get through life so they can appear to have it together.

  But with Jesus nothing else but him is needed. He allows us to feel. He keeps our tears.

  He allows us to cry. He holds us and comforts us as we go through hard times. Life isn’t always easy but God really does bring a better life for us.

  We have a great and wonderful life in him. Praise the Lord for hope in him. Praise the Lord for great times of praise and worship.

  Praise the Lord in pain. Praise the Lord in good news. Praise the Lord during heartbreak. Praise the Lord when things don’t go right.

  Praise the Lord when they do. Always and forever praise the Lord. Praise him in churches and at home. Praise him everywhere. May we never forget our Savior and God.

  Lord of our lives and the one we should be living for. For he is our God. The one who rules here and in eternity. He is all knowing, all powerful and all mighty. There is nothing that he can’t do. If something doesn’t happen it isn’t that he wasn’t capable of it happening or weak.

  It wasn’t his will. He is amazing and all worthy of being praised. He is so great and mighty. Why are afraid to say this? We should be shouting it from the rooftops. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

  The one we turn to, the one we praise, the one we live for. May we always remember to praise him. In the quiet times and in the darkest times.

  We should always be living in the light and if we are his children we will always have something important to say. God can use anyone.

  To live for him and use his gifts that he gives us is what matters. Nothing can hurt our relationship with him. If we are his then we are good to live.

  And we’ll find hope. We’ll live in hope that comes from him and him alone. Only he can capture our hearts. Only he can fully heal our lives.

  Only he can be the one to hold us in a way that we feel loved. He understands and cares what we go through. He is there to say that it’s okay. And he wipes away our tears and tells us that he loves us.

  There he is waiting for us to come to him. Sometimes I think that when we have problems and wait to know what to do, he is quietly waiting there until we ask him to carry us.

  And people can pray and ask him to be there for us. But we have to ask him for help. Now I know that he is the only answer in life and everything else is a blessing from him.

  It’s not the point to life; it’s a blessing in it. How I made the mistake so often of making something or someone my whole life. Everyone in my life matters so much and is very important to me.

   And that is good. And I’m meant to love my friends. But if I forget my first love that is not good. He is so precious and the one that heals my life. I have to remember that.

  That he wants first place in my life. And there are reasons. Anything else I can lose but not him. If I lost everything like Job would I be fine?

  I should be if I have God. I should be okay. If it’s just me and him. Then I know that I no longer have any idols and he is my number one.

  If I don’t have to have anything but it is a blessing. A blessing from God in my life. Now I praise him for all the ways he has blessed my life. And just bask in his goodness to me. He is amazing. And love comes from him.

  If I’m not close to him, how can I love people the way I should. Now I keep walking and then find another tree. I sit and read the Bible again and then someone joins me.

  We read together and then we keep walking. Now I walk beside him and we walk together. And then I look at him and he looks at me.

  He smiles and I smile back. And then we keep walking along the road. There are more and more trees and more and more rivers filled with fish. And waterfalls nearby. And parks and grassy hills.

  Now I keep walking and notice mountains. And churches. And people praising God in them. And I hear Christian music being played.

  And people on the road praising God and singing loudly for him. This is not a boring road or sad. This is a happy road and a road filled with the peace of God.

  When life gets confusing and I don’t know where to go or what to do all I have to do is look up and ask God what he wants me to do next.

  And more and more he gives me answers. They may not all come at once but they come. Praying and talking to him is what he wants me to do and I pray and talk to him.

  Joy comes in the midst of pain. Peace comes in the midst of hurt. And praise comes in the midst of grieving. There are moments of peace no matter what happens.

  The world doesn’t understand because they don’t have the Holy Spirit living inside of them giving them peace and true life. When you have Jesus living in you your whole life changes for the better.

  Your whole world changes. You act differently. And treat people differently. It’s a new life you’re in. A life filled with the fruits of the Spirit.

  “But the fruit of the Spirit is Love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”

  Your whole life is now filled with a hope. Not just for now but for always.

  Wishing and hoping in a life filled with blessings. Just spending time in peaceful surrender to a God that knows it all. He knows everything about everyone.

  So if he asks you to let go there is a reason. But that is the point to the Christian walk. To let go and let him.

  But to realize that he has a great life planned ahead for us. There is hope and joy and peace. What are “rocks”, when he brings us an amazing and wonderful life.

  I praise God and live for him. No longer concerned for who doesn’t. But resting in his goodness to me.

  He gives me joy. I want to dance, I want to shout, I want to sing and praise him. If I have a question then he’ll answer me. With a yes, no or wait.

  There he is waiting for us to come to him. To tell him what is going on in our lives. To dance on his shoulder, and tell him what we are thinking and feeling.

  He is the God of us and we are called his children. We are so privileged to be called his and we are to live each day for him. The God who loves us.

  And we are to love one another. Love is so great. It is so kind and patient. It is so great to show it to others. Never mind if they don’t show it to you.

  Do it for God who sees it. Do it for yourself to feel good about your life and who God is. For he teaches us how to love more like him. We are so happy when we are in his love. 

  We are so happy when we are loving and kind. And being changed. No one is loving all the time maybe, but then we can change back and be loving again.

  It’s not too late. May we be the people that God wants us to be. A people worthy of the two words, “God’s Child.”

  May we always and forever remember that we are his children. That we are precious to him. That he loves us so much and cares that we go through.

  He cares so much about us and carries us through all of lives problems and the goodness of good times. The people to reach he loves.

  But he is so happy and proud of his children. The ones that are the called, the chosen and the faithful.

  The ones that keep following behind Jesus and saying, “step, step, step” as he walks. May we always be faithful to Jesus.

  And love him more. So much that it’s bursting out of us and we have to spread it. And then rest in his embrace.

  Resting in his goodness, resting in his grace. Resting in the peace that comes from running the race.

 

 

                             The End

© 2014 Dorita


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on July 22, 2014
Last Updated on July 22, 2014

Author

Dorita
Dorita

About
I'm a redhead that loves writing and travelling. I grew up in a smaller town and now live in the big city. But deep down I'm a country girl who loves horses and open fields. more..

Writing
Chosen Chosen

A Poem by Dorita


Just You Just You

A Poem by Dorita