Real Hope

Real Hope

A Poem by Dorita

   Everyone in the town of Maybelle lived Annie, but there was always something missing that she knew she wanted. She went to church, and she went to work. She had a great life. She loved the fall leaves, and the light breezes of spring. She loved having moments with her friends. She loved sitting on porches, and going for long walks.
She was at the point where she wanted something more. She wanted to know God, and she really wanted to be His child like they talked about in church. That day she prayed a prayer and asked Jesus into her heart.
She knew that He would change her life. She became more loving after that, and knew it was because of Him, and the change He made in her life.
 She went on to share her gifts with the world, because she loved God, and wanted to be a light in this world. One rainy day, ten years after this, she was sitting on a porch, and looking at her yard, and she went to swing on her tire swing, and she looked at the sky, and knew that any day Jesus could come back, and she went back inside the house, where her husband was, and now she realized, 'I have all I need, and all I want.' 
 She had a real hope.

© 2022 Dorita


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on July 25, 2022
Last Updated on July 25, 2022

Author

Dorita
Dorita

About
I'm a redhead that loves writing and travelling. I grew up in a smaller town and now live in the big city. But deep down I'm a country girl who loves horses and open fields. more..

Writing
Chosen Chosen

A Poem by Dorita


Just You Just You

A Poem by Dorita