Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Lost

Lost

A Story by _nymphofthecross_

Lost: Zoastrian Smirking Snake

2 & ½ heads, 24 “I’s”, 1,176 thoughts in her head at a time or maybe its mine head

Kabbalah lost ½ of her leftmost head in a battle with the Mongol empire. That’s what she told me. She didn’t like to talk about herself but at midnight deep beneath our covers and I’d be holding the oil lamp she might tell me stories when she saw the entire universe be born. She said that when the universe was my age it slept just like I did with my knees to my chest and and my arms wrapped around them.  Once, once, a whole army of redskin shamans was shooting poisonous newt arrows at these humongous basil-cloaked giants that my Kabbalah was the guardian of one of them like with me. The severed piece of her head was found by a Persian princess who near fainted when she saw Kabbalah’s sweet brain issuing from the divine confines of her cashmere cranium. Her head is now balanced upon the highest governmental officialist tower in Alexandria, and it’s protected by thousands of spells to stop the black magic thieves from taking it and using her powers. Her underbelly looks like this one mural we saw once when I went sleepwalking she told me it was The last Judgment by Micheal anglo and her scales look like my dreams sometimes.  Me and Kabbalah can hear each other’s thoughts and talk to each other through our minds, I mean , most of the time. Sometimes if I accidentaly step on her tail or don’t make the ratio of bourbon to abalone milk just right she gets real angry and will shut off our connecting mind tunnels. I get really sad. When she does that,I mean. I don’t got no brothers or sisters and my Pa he just likes to be down in his cactus farm with his ney. It’s supposed to make music like a flute or something but all I hear when he blows on it is his spit clotting up on his tongue and whine. Most of the time though he just goes and sits by this one really big cactus that sort of looks like a worm in the sun and My Pa he slowly puts his back against the thorns and goes as far as he can into them. He never gets very far. You see I watch him when I’m feeling lonely and Kabbalah is off to Tibet or someplace like that to go sit with the Bootyist monks and think about God or something. I don’t know what God has to do with Booty’s but I guess it’s real important cause Kabbalah never leaves too much. She doesn’t like to leave me. She loves me more than anything. At least I think she does. Me and Kabbalah we, we, well when it’s foggy and my Pa is down in the cactus basement we walk to the redwood forest to this humongous redwood tree and we go inside the roots and sometimes it will rain and I’ll get out my flute from my trouser pocket and play something pretty and sad that Kabbalah will bring into my head and It will be raining and if Kabbalah’s diamond shaped forehead is glowing and pulsing right in the centerlike she will dance and yes you can always tell when she is going to dance cause she’s all bright like that one time when my Pa went outside and it was nighttime and we were standing in a mud puddle and the old streetlamp was covered with moths and you couldn’t even see the light at all and then all the sudden we saw this big eyeball with all the stringy veins that sort of hug and cling to the brain fly across the sky and it was so bright and my Pa said Cometa, and the tadpole eye with wings exploded. And my Pa just sat down with his legs all tangled like my hair gets in the wintertime and so I sat beside him and said Cometa and it stopped. I think we stayed there for a fortnight,I mean that’s what Kabbalah would say. Kabbalah doesn’t say much, but since she’s been lost she sometimes tells me something. She never tells me where she went though. The last thing Kabbalah told me is that The Last Judgment on her underbelly seems to be fading.

© 2015 _nymphofthecross_


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on August 24, 2015
Last Updated on August 24, 2015

Author

_nymphofthecross_
_nymphofthecross_

Jerusalem, Israel



About
May these poor words alight a mind more..

Writing