Nobody Comes to the Father Except... or Should It be Accept?

Nobody Comes to the Father Except... or Should It be Accept?

A Story by Bishop R. Joseph Owles

When Jesus says "No one comes to the Father except by me" and "I am the way, the truth, and the life," and when it is claimed that through Jesus, all are saved, does one have to believe in Jesus for these statements to be true?

While a lot of moderate and Liberal Christians, as well as atheists and people from other religions are happy to hear that the current Pope is not so negative and narrow-minded as some previous Popes, many Conservative Christians and Evangelicals seem to be upset by this Pope's tolerance and potential inclusivity.

All things fall because of gravity. If I don't believe in gravity, does gravity stop being true? If I don't believe in viruses or bacteria, will I then be free from illness?

Can't Jesus present an atheist to the Father quite as easily as He can an Evangelical, or a Catholic, or any other flavor of Christian? Does coming to the Father by way of Jesus any less true because someone does not believe in Jesus. Wouldn't that make grace even more... graceful... by Jesus welcoming even those who never believed in Him, or even campaigned actively against Him, and presenting those people to His Father, who is also the Father of us all, believers and non-believers alike?

I think it's time for Christians to stop pretending as if they are in some exclusive club, and it is certainly time for Christians to stop pretending as if they are on the Membership Committee of that club.

Whether or not God does in fact welcome all is irrelevant, because God has made it clear to me that I am to welcome all -- and I have a hard time accepting that God would ask something from me that He would not do Himself.

© 2013 Bishop R. Joseph Owles


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i am reminded of a song from my childhood - just a closer walk with thee

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 9, 2013
Last Updated on July 9, 2013
Tags: Bible, Jesus Christ, Church, God, heaven, earth, Holy Spirit, Christian, Christianity, teaching, ministry, kingdom, Catholic, belief

Author

Bishop R. Joseph Owles
Bishop R. Joseph Owles

Alloway, NJ



About
Powered by Conduit Mobile LoveMyProfile.com more..

Writing