Has Pope Francis Endorsed Homosexuals?

Has Pope Francis Endorsed Homosexuals?

A Story by Bishop R. Joseph Owles

I know everyone is excited thinking that the Bishop of Rome just endorsed Homosexuals, but his stance is still the stance that the Roman Catholic Church has taken for decades, which is: "Being gay is not a sin, but acting on being gay is."

The statements that the Bishop of Rome will not judge gay priests -- who are forced by Roman Catholic Discipline to be celibate -- changes nothing. Gay priests are not judged because even the Roman Catholic Church accepts that people may be born gay; therefore, it does not wish to bash who people are from birth -- because then they would be bashing the God who made people who they are at birth -- so they settle for bashing people who act out on how God made them at birth.

So, the Bishop of Rome may have found nicer ways to say the same old things in pleasing sounding soundbites that charm the media, but it is the same old logic that tells people that they are sinful if they try to be who they are.

So gay priests are fine, says the Bishop of Rome, but gay priests have always been fine because gay priest must be celibate like heterosexual priests, and since it it the practice, not the orientation that matters, there is no reason that homosexuals cannot be priests. But when the time comes -- and it will come -- when the Roman Catholic Church lifts the ban on marriage for priesthood, gay priest would still be required to remain celibate while heterosexual priests would be allowed to marry.

I like this Bishop of Rome, but the media doesn't know enough about Roman Catholic doctrine, theology, or polity to report accurately and clearly on such matters. Ironically, the media created soundbites and is now falling victim to a Bishop of Rome who knows how to use soundbites to say the same old stuff in a new sounding way that confuses the media, so that the media are making claims that the Bishop of Rome never made, but is willing to let the general public believe he made because it makes the Roman Catholic Church seem more open about topics than it has been in the past, even though absolutely nothing has changed.

© 2013 Bishop R. Joseph Owles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 29, 2013
Last Updated on July 29, 2013
Tags: Bible, Jesus Christ, Church, God, heaven, earth, Holy Spirit, Christian, Christianity, teaching, apostles, ministry, kingdom, Catholic, love, justice, Golden Rule, pope, homosexual, gay, priest

Author

Bishop R. Joseph Owles
Bishop R. Joseph Owles

Alloway, NJ



About
Powered by Conduit Mobile LoveMyProfile.com more..

Writing