Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

A Story by hydlove

Today is Thanksgiving Day. I know that this day is supposed to be where you should be thankful for everything you have, but what I am thankful for, I am thankful for them everyday.
I am thankful for having such great friends in my life.
I have my friends from high school who has always been there with me whenever I needed them. They are my first true friends and without them I cannot imagine being where I am now. They gave me confidence and joy and I am glad to have been blessed with such wonderful people. 
There are also Kevin's friends that I met last year and they have been very good to me. They are like my brothers now and they are always there when I have problems to talk about and vice versa. I am very thankful for these great folks.
I also appreciate my new friends, especially Ai, who I met very recently. I am still surprised how comfortable I am around her and we've become very good friends in such short time. These days I think I am much closer to her than most of the girls I usually hang out with only because I see her almost everyday. She is now one of the very few people who knows many things about me. It is rare to meet a friend like her and I am thankful to have a person like that around.
Of course, there is my family.
I thank God for blessing me such a wonderful family. I have great parents and siblings who I am very close with and I can't ask for more. No matter how tough things may get, I will always put my family first and love them unconditionally. They are the ones who will always be there throughout my life and I am more than thankful for that. I have great parents who are very loving and supportive towards my siblings and I and I'm very proud of them. I have a strong relationship with my brother and my sister and they are my friends for life. My family is something I can be proud of.
Lastly, I am thankful for Kevin.
He has always been there to support me through ups and downs and accepts me for who I am. He is the only person I have loved this way and I cannot express enough how thankful I am to have met this wonderful person three years ago. I never would have known back then how important he'd be to me and how involved he would be in my life now. I am sometimes scared of my relationship with him only because I can't even find the depth of my feelings for him anymore. I guess I could say that I am in too deep and sometimes I wonder if that's a good thing or not. But when I am with him, all these thoughts disappear and the only thing I can think of is the fact that he is with me. Yeah, i'm pretty sure i'm in too deep. 
Anyway, I am more than thankful for him and I cannot say that enough. I guess it's something I can never describe.
I appreciate many things in life and there are many more things I am glad for. But this is what I am thankful for everyday.

© 2012 hydlove


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful write.
Enjoyed reading.
Added to reading list and favorites.
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


I would adore to read a poem by yourself Hyd

Posted 11 Years Ago


really lovely to read brilliantly written. and very relatable. I like what you say at the begining about being thankful everyday.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 9, 2012
Last Updated on October 9, 2012
Tags: thanksgiving

Author

hydlove
hydlove

Canada



About
I am a university student from Winnipeg and I am planning to declare my major on English in the near future. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Swan Lake Swan Lake

A Poem by Hayley