Art  “The frustration of creating.”

Art “The frustration of creating.”

A Story by ron

Art

“The frustration of creating.”

 

Friday, February 18, 2011

          Art is “in my opinion” the interpretation of one’s imagination. For me this is true in the purest sense of the word. It is my struggle of understanding, coming to terms with and conveying my emotions, feelings and desires using the mediums available to me at the time.

          The use of shapes, colors, strokes and materials to convey my expressions and feelings seems to be my greatest challenge so far. This process comes easy to me when I’m focused. The problem is trying to get focused to do the piece.

          Mediation could be the answer; but I am not that patient, being drunk, could help but it has more drawbacks than benefits (and its own set of pitfalls). Being, left alone to focus on a piece is not an option at this time.

          So I am left with hoping I have the focus, tools and a place for creating a piece when the muse hits me, and it can hit with a gentle nudge, or an over powering need to do something about it.     

Saturday, July 30, 2011

          I made a canvas stretcher 5x3 feet in class last semester. Such a large canvas should require a profound painting. As of yet I cannot bring myself to put paint to the canvas, (again this is my biggest failure). Why can’t I? It should be easy; but alas, it is not so simple.

          I did however put a black boarder on half of it, (ya moving forward). I think that such a canvas should have the face of a regimental beasty “Gunga Din”. I say this because he has (in my opinion) shown the purest form of loyalty.

   

© 2013 ron


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So, have you added anything more to the canvas since you added the black border on half of it? We all have a different way of tapping into our creative talent - we just need more days to allow our left brain to rule!!
Nice thoughts!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ron

10 Years Ago

Yes its actualy the inside of a cave looking at the entrance. Or if its turned upside down it would .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 19, 2013
Last Updated on July 19, 2013

Author

ron
ron

Imperial, CA



About
I have been writing on and off or more years than i care to remember. I started writing poetry, than i started a novel (still in the works), now I'm writing a six part short story erotic.. more..

Writing
Fangs. Fangs.

A Poem by ron