The end for me

The end for me

A Poem by ron

The end for me

 

Laid are the flowers.

Softly the wind blows.

 

Was it so long ago that we knew each other?

Now we are just shadows in the passing of time.

 

Would you have loved me if things were different?

Would you have just toyed with my heart?

 

Farewell dear friend.

I have failed you when you needed me the most.

 

Do not cry for the times we did not have.

Look to the skies and see the light that shines in your eyes.

 

My light has faded.

But yours shines bright.

 

It is a journey that will lead you to your true love.

© 2013 ron


Author's Note

ron
This is not about any one. It is just a poem and nothing more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

but it is quite a good poem, and in a sense open ended...could be the speaker is a loved one who has passed on and his spirit is speaking to her...asking her to be strong...and not resent him for leaving...

that she will be with him again someday...

but i also see the breakup of a relationship here. and the speaker could be a bit sardonic...

your love for me died, and my heart died along with that rejection...now i am but a spirit of us still hovering, reminding you of what you threw away...

i love pieces that take me in different directions.

nicely done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you jacob. I had not seen it going in different directions until now. I can see it now though.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dye
I hope this really isn't the end for you my friend. I was wondering why I haven't seen you around in a couple of days. Is your muse messing with you?, is she tied up somewhere? ;)

This was a sad poem, and even though your notes say otherwise I believe there might be some truth here. I am sure your light will be ignited again soon and when it is I look forward to see what your fire brings.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you. I just don't feel the light much anymore. I guess I need to stop wearing things on my sle.. read more
Dye

10 Years Ago

Sorry to hear that Ron. You are a true romantic and wearing your heart on your sleeve is a fine thi.. read more
ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you Dye.
Ron I truly hope you embrace your muse again soon. Don't let this be the end for you. You are an amazing venerable man and poet. Such wonderful attributes for a man to have and she should see that.
I don't know your situation at home , we only see what you show us here and this person I see here and have got to know over the past few months is very special. xo Rose

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you Rose. I don't know I might let my muse out again but just hard to right now.
Beautifully penned whether it is written for someone or not. Thank you for sharing. shallimarRose

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Your welcome Rose.
Wow I'm glad I read the authors note, I was almost in tears. This is beautiful and powerful. We need to appreciate those around us because time is short and can end abruptly.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Yes we do. I know I have not appreciated others around me as much as I should.
you ruined my mood by "its just a poem"...lol ^^
its good
thanks for sharing words ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

I'm sorry, I did not meant to ruin your mood. I start writing and what ever comes out comes out.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 15, 2013
Last Updated on September 15, 2013

Author

ron
ron

Imperial, CA



About
I have been writing on and off or more years than i care to remember. I started writing poetry, than i started a novel (still in the works), now I'm writing a six part short story erotic.. more..

Writing
Fangs. Fangs.

A Poem by ron



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Take me Take me

A Poem by ron