My first painting in a gallery

My first painting in a gallery

A Story by ron

My first painting in a gallery

 

It was my very first art show at college.

I had never shown a painting or anything before.

I was more nervous than I thought I would be.

 

She said, “Do you mind if I don’t go? I’m not feeling that well.”

I said that I understand.

 

As the night continued, I felt more and more alone.

But I told myself “when she feels better she will come see my paintings hanging in a gallery for the first time”.

 

As the weeks went by, we had gone to the campus time and time again.

She kept telling me it was too far to walk across campus.

I said I understood.

 

Finally, one day I found a parking space that was about 100 feet from the gallery.

This is it I thought, she will see my painting hanging in the gallery.

I felt like a kid taking my parents to my first play.

 

She never got out of the car. It was too far and she was not feeling good.

She asked me if I understood. I said I would.

© 2013 ron


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't know if disinterest or fear kept her paralyzed. Perhaps she was jealous or afraid she might not like the piece and that you might see that in her eyes. I like the way you brought her close but not close enough. Too bad the piece wasn't in the window.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you icelandicblue. I think that she interested in what I do except i she has to take the time .. read more
i think we normally are surrounded with many people around us like the one you desribed. They are never interested in any of your talents or business, and they are as if there only to be jealous and underestimate them...

ironically those monkeys who never know the taste of ginger because they are monkeys, and we cant expect these creatures to understand the value of appreciation and encouragement:)

therefore we shouldn't expect that appreciation from them, as they are too small to understand its value and preciousness:)

very well described
and an eloquent write
well done:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you Saumya.
Saumya

10 Years Ago

you r welcm:)
Sounds like jealousy on the part of the one who refused to view the work. Yes, we kind of understand, but don't really! One would hope that the other person would be so happy for you. But having said that, no one in my family has ever read any of my poems and my excuse is that they are only on the Internet and they can't be bothered.
This one hits home for me Rose.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you.
This a very therapeutic poem I'm sure more for you the writer, but helps us the reader to try and understand. One correction on line one misspelling of college. Last line tell what you think of "I would" instead of repeating "I said I understood."

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you. I like your idea very much thank you.
Ahhh man a poem with a noes dive or curve ball,I liked it very much great work:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you.
Some people have no interest in any form of art...I know my family has no interest in poetry so they don't read mine...and I never ask them to...Rose

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Good point. It still hurts though, but I will keep your words in mind. Thank you Rose.
You did such an amazing job writing this story, I can definitely relate to it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you Mia.
Mia C.

10 Years Ago

You're welcome! :)
It's those little things that matter, isn't it? What you must know is that she missed out... Well expressed, Ron.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you Rita. It still huts that she didn't.
OMG Ron.. is this true? This is so sad.. I love the way you wrote this one like you are writing in your journal. Strong write.. I would like to share this one.. Rose

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Yes this really happened. If you want to share it, that's ok with me.

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

585 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2013
Last Updated on September 29, 2013

Author

ron
ron

Imperial, CA



About
I have been writing on and off or more years than i care to remember. I started writing poetry, than i started a novel (still in the works), now I'm writing a six part short story erotic.. more..

Writing
Fangs. Fangs.

A Poem by ron



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Cottage The Cottage

A Poem by Keith