Rain

Rain

A Poem by Roseanne L

The weatherman was always wrong. Every day it seemed to rain. The weatherman was wrong every single day. I turn on the local news, and there he goes again, repeating the same lies that "tomorrow will be a bright, sunny day." No matter what he says, it still always rains. I look up to the skies and ask for answers. I ask the clouds why they always rain. They always reply, "After the rain, comes the sun." No matter what the clouds say, it still always rains. They lie just like the weatherman does. I ask the sun why it doesn't shine as bright as it used to. The sun replies, "The clouds got in my way. You have to wait for them to part." No matter what the sun says, the clouds refuse to move. They lie just like the weatherman does. The sun doesn't shine and the clouds always cry and the weatherman always lies. And when the clouds have parted and the rays of the summer sun are beating down on my porcelain skin, it always rains. There is no umbrella to shield me. There is no yellow raincoat to keep me warm. My heart has no room left for anything but rain. I tried to listen to the weatherman once. I told myself, "Tomorrow will be a bright, sunny day." The weatherman was always wrong. Every day it seemed to rain.

© 2018 Roseanne L


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sigh... after the last year + we so live with a deep sadness that doesn't lighten. I do understand and so miss the sun.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
1 Review
Added on May 18, 2018
Last Updated on May 18, 2018
Tags: short story, fiction-ish, short poem, fiction, rain

Author

Roseanne L
Roseanne L

PA



About
My family, music, and writing are the most important things to me. Everything else can take a backseat. more..

Writing