Random writing practise: A candle and a drink in 10 minutes

Random writing practise: A candle and a drink in 10 minutes

A Story by Rovina
"

Generated from chaoticshiny.com: Write for at least 10 minutes about a candle, and a drink.

"
I don't have a luxurious laboratory like some of those snobbish, mightier-than-thou "royal apothecary" members in the capital city. Instead it makes me proud that I can manage just fine with simple tools - candles, cheap tongs, washing basins, all in my own kitchen. 
Perhaps it was my own pride getting ahold of myself, or perhaps it really wasn't a good idea, since I did receive invitations in the past to interview with the royal apothecary to be a higher ranked alchemist (and they better damn well recognise my potential). There is simply something about working for the crown that concern me, however. I couldn't put my finger on it just yet, but something feels wrong to join them. Maybe I'm just paranoid and enjoy being in control of my own career. 
For example, this "love potion" I've been experimenting in the kitchen right now would certainly attract questionable inquisition from the crown's loyal and skeptical puppets. What are you making this for? Why does it have to be a love potion? Do you have any particular intention for creating this potion? What purpose do you serve? Are you intending to bribe the royal members? Give me and my private life a break - I am a human being just like all of you, I have need for companionship which is a perfectly normal thing. Is it really such a crime? What have I done to any of you to question my craft? Ever since the high alchemist's visit in my kitchen, which mind you, was accompanied by guards who looked like they would flip my house over at any moment, I had no fond opinion about stepping a foot into their little mighty society.

© 2014 Rovina


Author's Note

Rovina
This is exactly what the description say: a speed writing about a candle and a drink in 10 minutes sharp. Feel free to comment anything you want with that in mind! Grammar included because I always want to improve upon that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on April 14, 2014
Last Updated on April 14, 2014
Tags: random, practise

Author

Rovina
Rovina

Hong Kong