The Alleyway - Chapter Two

The Alleyway - Chapter Two

A Story by Vincent Ezra Von'Lambert
"

Chapter Two of Sirens Scream. ALREADY COPYRIGHTED!!!

"

Chapter Two

 

 

 

 Lucy woke to loud crashing sound.

She rolled over and sat up. She let her gaze wander the room; nothing was out of place. She had left her lamp on and Norbert was no longer curled up next to her, but mewling at the door like he wanted out.

There was an odd soreness in her throat, like she had just been screaming or coughing violently. She rubbed at her throat and looked around for her cocoa.

Something to drink would probably-

She heard it again, louder this time, and a pressure began building in the side of her head, her headache coming back full force. Pressing her hands to her temple, she tried to lean back and relax while cursing her migraines.

The crash came a third time, this time accompanied by a muffled scream. Twisting herself out of her covers, she half ran down the hall to Quills room and began banging on the door.

“Quill!”

He pulled the door open, his eyes wide.

“Did you hear that?” he asked.

“So it didn’t come from your room?”

“Obviously not.” Quill crossed the living room floor and began looking outside the window, which over looked the alley below. “Who do you think I had over? Jigsaw?”

“No,” Lucy said, exasperated. Lucy noticed his room was empty. “I thought that you had Annie over.”

“She left after two,” Quill said, not really paying attention to her. “We had a fight. I think I see something down in the alleyway.” He pressed his forehead against the window, trying to get a better look.

“Do you know what it is?” Lucy was doing what Quill called her ‘nervous dance’, swaying back and forth on the balls of her feet and twisting her hands in front of her.

“I think I see blood.”

He pulled away from the window and walked over to the couch. Lucy leaned out the window, but could only see the wall of Dunn’s coffeehouse and the fire escape attached to her building. Quill began putting his shoes on and Lucy protested,

“No! You are not going out there!”

“Why not?” Quill asked as if he were simply going to go check the mail instead of investigate the possible murder taking place below.

“Because there’s blood down there!”

“Not necessarily,” Quill said. “I just said I thought I saw some.”

“Can’t we just call the cops?” Lucy asked pleadingly.

Quill gave her pointed look. “In Las Vegas? At 3 AM? Lucy, you know they wouldn’t get there in time.”

He was right; Las Vegas had a lot of crime going on around 3 AM. Chances are the police would take thirty minutes to arrive, and even then, it could be too late. She bit her lower lip and continued to dance.

“Alright,” she said finally, grabbing her jacket. “I’m coming too.” Quill nodded and Lucy ran to put on her shoes.

She could feel her heels popping in and out of the sneakers as she and Quill ran down the stairway. Few lights were on in the surrounding apartments and there was no sign of life outside. It had stopped pouring, but a light drizzle was still beating strong. Large puddles dotted the grass and walkway. She and Quill splashed through several of them as they rounded the corner into the alleyway.

Lucy gasped loudly.

A girl was lying against the alleyway wall. And standing over her, partially covered in blood, was an unearthly creature. A creature she had been seeing all day.

It was tall and spindly. It had way too many arms, and for a brief moment made her think of a spider walking on two legs. Its skin was black and plated, almost like the exoskeleton of an insect. Nothing about it looked human. She shuddered, grabbed Quills arms and began backing away before "

Cold, pale blue eyes turned to look at her and she felt the warmth drain from her body. It locked its gaze to hers and creature grinned, a terrible sight, its mouth full of jagged and sharp teeth that seemed to glow with an eerie phosphorous light. Lucy began backing up faster, pulling Quill with her.

A sudden pain shot through her head. It felt like her brain was trying to force its way out of her skull. She wanted to run, but she couldn’t move. She wanted to scream, but no sound would come out. The rain seemed to stop suddenly and the world went eerily silent around her.

“Lucy?” She heard Quill talking to her. “Lucy, what’s wrong?’

“What is that?” she finally managed to force out, never letting her gaze leave the creature.

Quill looked at her in confusion. “What is what?”

Lucy looked at Quill quickly and then back at the black creature in front of her.

“Don’t you see it?” she whispered. “Standing over that girl like that?”

“What girl?” Quill asked, worry breaking over his face. He stood on his tip toes and looked straight at the creature and then back at her. “Lucy, nothing’s there.”

The creature jumped at them then. Literally jumped, flinging itself, arms flailing about it, nearly ten feet in the air. Lucy screamed and shoved Quill out of the way and into the wall of the alley way, dropping to the ground on her knees. Something sharp hit the small of her back, forcing her forward, and her head hit the paved walk of the alley hard.

Lucy’s head spun for a second and she felt Quill grab hold of her arm.

“Lu, what’s going-“

He pulled Lucy to her feet, where she wobbled. She rubbed the small of her back, groaning in pain. When she pulled her hand away it was bloody. She looked around wildly, but was unable to spot the beast. Rain began falling again, not even bothering to drizzle first. 

“Where is it?” she asked Quill.

Panic stained Quills face. “Lucy, you’re really starting to scare me you kn-“

Lucy screamed again as she saw the creature, in a fluid motion, rise up behind Quill and dig its glowing teeth into his shoulder. Quill jerked violently in its grip for a moment as Lucy stumbled back to the ground. She felt around her for something she could use as some sort of weapon. Her hands closed on a fallen brick and she grasped it tightly in her fist, standing up and slamming into the creatures face with all her might.

The beast recoiled, hissing and spitting at her and Quill slumped against the alley wall, his breathing ragged and eyes vacant. The creature struck at her with one of its many arms, barely missing, and she felt the same sharpness as before cut through her nightshirt and leave a small gash in her arm.

It’s was cutting her with its skin.

She flung the brick at it, hitting it square in the face, and it staggered back a little, apparently dazed.

Quill slid down the alley wall with a pained moan and collapsed into a heap there. Lucy knelt next to him and felt panic fighting its way into another scream in her throat. She fought the urge to run and kept shaking her brother, repeating his name.

“HEY!”

The cry rang out so suddenly that Lucy jumped, hitting her head against a jutting brick. Lucy leaned to the side to see who had spoken, only to see a short boy charging at the creature. He rammed into it with his shoulder, sending it flying into the dumpster. It crashed into the green container with a metallic sound, like swords clashing.

Lucy stood for a moment paralyzed and terrified. Someone was going to hear this entire racket. And if Quill couldn’t see the creature, what was to say anyone else could? But the pool of blood around her brother’s torso was not part of her imagination.

This was real.

She stayed knelt down next to Quill, shaking him and whispering his name quietly. He didn’t stir, but she could still feel the faint beat of his heart in his chest. She looked back up at the boy who had appeared from, as far as Lucy could tell, nowhere. She drew a quick breath at his appearance.

He was badly bruised, a dark purple circle swelling around his eye and several cuts scattered across his skin. He wore a bright yellow tank top under a black hoodie, and tight fitting black pants that tucked into dark boots. What was oddest about him, however, was his hair. It was a multitude of colors; blues, greens, and reds, though the original brown was still vaguely visible underneath. She was reminded strongly of Lotti in male form.

He didn’t look like any fighter she had ever seen or any hero she had read about. He looked more like a Raver boy who got caught in the bad end of a fight.

The boy looked furious, all his features hardened as he pulled a knife from behind his back. The blade was long and thin, shining silver in the moonlight.

“Come here, beasty,” the boy called to the creature, twirling the knife in his hand. “Come and have a fair fight.”

When he spoke, Lucy could hear the traces of an accent, but it wasn’t one that she had ever heard. His brown eyes were looking across the alley as he called to the demon. A grin spread across his face as the creature righted itself. The pale blue eyes met the brown and narrowed. With an earsplitting shriek, the creature launched itself at him.

Lucy almost called out in warning, but it was clear there was no need. In the time it took Lucy to blink, the boy launched himself in the air, coming down hard onto the creatures back. It screamed in fury and the boy laughed.

He laughed.

His victory was short lived, however. The creature reared its head upwards and with a terrible roar, managed to buck him off. He flew through the air, did an awkward flip and landed, poorly, on one knee. He winced in pain and staggered to his feet, knife still grasped in his hand.

“D****t,” she heard him mutter.

The creature seemed to snicker, if beasts like that could snicker, and threw its head back. Opening its mouth it let out a low, rumbling noise. It made the pain her head pulsate harder and she tried to cover her ears, but it did no good. It felt like the sound was running through her. Lucy saw the boys eyes get larger.

“Get out of the way!” he called. It took her a moment to realize that he was speaking to her. She looked down at her brother, who was still very much unconscious and shook her head at the boy.

“It’s calling backup!” he insisted. “Leave!”

No sooner had he spoken then two more shadows, identical to the creature in front of her, swiveled around the corner. They solidified not ten feet from her, but took no notice of Lucy or her brother’s presence. They advanced on the boy as a group, all three making a dark rumbling noise in their throats.

            The boy grimaced, but stood his ground.

“All of you at once?” he asked. “No problem.”

But as the fight resumed, Lucy saw the problem clearly; he was outnumbered. No matter how many graceful dodges and flips he managed, the creatures were always right behind him, sharp arms and teeth waiting to shred him. All it was going to take was one wrong move and he would be sliced to ribbons.

He was no longer grinning, either.

 The three creatures were lashing their spidery arms at the boy from all angles, stabbing at him like their arms were spears. The pain in Lucy’s arm reminded her of what they could do, even when their attacks missed. Lucy could only watch on in horror as he dodged their assault the best he could.

Finally, it happened.

He dodged another spindle armed attack, avoided being chomped in two, and landed on a patch of pavement slick with rainwater. He slipped and fell hard, and Lucy heard the crack of bones hitting cement. Once he was down, the three creatures were on him, stabbing, slicing and biting until he was covered in blood. Even though the dagger was gripped firmly in his hand, he clearly couldn’t fight back.

Lucy bit back yet another scream, holding tightly to Quill’s jacket. She buried her face in the material. She could feel the tell-tale signs of shock running throughout her body. When she glimpsed up again all she could see through the creature’s thin legs was a bloody heap. She choked back a sob.

There was no way the boy was alive, she thought. Her head continued to pound, while her heart hammered loudly in her chest. There was so much blood…

When it was clear that he wasn’t going to provide anymore amusement to them, one of the creatures picked him up in its arms and threw him against the wall, a primal laughing noise escaping its throat. The boy crashed into the brick next to Lucy, who cried out-

-and instantly wished she hadn’t.

Three shadowy forms turned their gaze to her, their eyes glinting in a malicious manner. She saw one of them focus onto Quill, and instantly moved in front of him. She looked at the mystery boy next to her, and saw he was not dead.

His eyes were opened and he looked to be in an incredible amount of pain, but he was breathing. Her heart jerked as she noticed he had the same kind of face as Quill, rounded cheeks with a childish feel to them. White sparks were coming from his fingertips and he was mouthing something at Lucy, but she couldn’t make it out.

The creatures moved closer still, surrounding her. The boy twitched and she caught a glimpse of silver in the moonlight.

The knife.

Though she wasn’t sure what good it would do, she pulled the knife from the limp boys hand and held it in front of her. She’d never done any form of fighting, formal or otherwise, and she was sure she was holding it wrong. But that didn’t matter.

All that mattered was protecting Quill and this boy.

The pressure in her head was building up, making her feel nauseous. She bit her bottom lip as bile rose up in the back of her throat. One of the spindled arms reached for her, and she slashed at it wildly with the knife. A thin cut appeared on its black flesh, a green liquid she assumed was blood oozed slowly from the wound. As if irritated, the creature smacked the back of her hand, sending the knife clattering to the alley floor and leaving several small cuts bleeding on her hand.

Lucy felt the pressure in her head increasing, blood rushing through her ears. The pain was nearly unbearable, and the creatures were getting closer. She wasn’t clear on what happened next. All she could say for sure is: She screamed.

But the noise that came out didn’t sound human. The high pitched and shrill sound was coming from her lips, she knew because she could feel the vibrations, but it was unlike any sound she’d made before. Windows on either side of her shattered, glass littering the alley, and the three creatures began to cry out in what sounded like pain.

They’re heads reared back and they began wailing with her. Two of their arms lowered to the ground until they were standing like spiders. They skittered down the alley like that and vanished from sight, seeming to be absorbed into darkness.

She collapsed to the ground on her knees, coughing and sputtering. Glass was digging into her knee but she didn’t care. She looked around the alley; windows to both the coffee shop on her left and the basement to her apartment on her right were broken. The alarms were going off; she knew the police would be here soon.

She felt hands on her shoulders and struggled to look up. The boy was kneeling next to her, looking beaten to high hell, but alive. 

Hundreds of questions threatened to burst out; how was he alive? How had he stood up? How wasn’t he laying in the alley, broken like the glass and dying like her brother? But instead she vomited on the alley floor. She felt a hand weave through her hair and hold it back, another one patting soothing circles on her upper back.

When she was done, out of habit, she pushed herself to her feet, only to wobble and almost fall.

Lucy stared at the broken glass, the rushing noise in her ears slowly dying down. She kept her hands clasped in front of her chest, shaking from head to toe. The boy moved to touch her and she stumbled backwards. He grabbed onto her shoulders, steadying her. She saw his eyes wander from her, to the broken window glass and back to her.

He stared at her, eyes wide with wonder. “Good lord, woman,” he said. “How the hell did you do that?”

She looked at him blankly and shook her head.

“I-I don’t,” she stammered out. “I do-don’t know…I th-think…I-I just…How did you g-get better so fast..?” She looked around the alley and saw the girl still lying against the wall. “Is she okay?”

The boy looked behind him and sighed. Looking back, he shook his head.

            “No,” he said in a gentle voice. “No, she’s dead.”

            Lucy felt a sob escape her throat. Suddenly she remembered.

            “My brother,” she fell back to her knees and gripped onto Quill’s sweater. “Is he…?”

            The boy leaned down and looked Quill over. “No,” he said finally. “He’s not dead. He’s fine.”

            “Fine?” Lucy asked. “He’s all b-bloody and-“

            “Shhh,” the boy said, putting a hand on her shoulder. “It’s all gonna be okay. Can you tell me your name?”

            “Lucy,” she said, not taking her eyes from Quill. “Lucy Carson. I live right h-here.” She motioned to the building.

            “Well, Lucy Carson, my name is Maverick,” he tried to smile reassuringly. “What apartment do you live in?”

            Lucy stared at him stupidly. He calmly repeated the question for her.

            “6B,” she said. “On the se-second floor…why d-does that matter?”

            She saw the boy pull a cell phone from his pocket and sigh. “Well, Lucy,” he said. “I’m really sorry about this.”

            He waved his hand in front of her face and all went black.

 

When Lucy woke up, her head was pounding. She rolled over in her bed, holding onto her pillow and inhaling the scent of her dream satchel. It smelled like her mother, lavender and mint. She kept her eyes shut tight, holding the scent in her mind as long as she could.

She sat up and rubbed her eyes as her room came into focus. It was lighter in her room than she was used to, which probably meant that it was past eight. She rolled over and looked at her clock, which confirmed the time for her: 9:34. Standing up, she exited her room and stumbled down the hallway to Quill’s door. She rapped on it a few times before she heard a groan from inside.

“Up!” Lucy called through the door. Her throat was sore. “School starts in a few hours!”

She heard some rustling in the room and hurried to the bathroom; there was always a fight over the shower on school days. She shed nightclothes she barely remembered putting on and was about to retreat into the warm sanctuary that was hot water, when something caught her eye in the mirror. There was a cut on her left arm, almost three inches long. It looked scabbed over.

As she tried to remember where it had come from, she noticed other differences: she was dirtier than she was when she had gone to bed and there was a bruise on her cheek, fading as if it were old.

Lucy got into the shower and washed off the dirt. Her face and arms tingled like they were asleep as she cleaned herself and washed her hair. She watched the dirt in the water at her feet swirl down the drain.

“Maybe I sleepwalk,” she muttered to no one. Again, she felt her throat tighten. She rubbed it and decided to make some tea while Quill showered.

When she got out she once more was startled by her reflection. The bruise and cut were both gone. She leaned forward, touching her cheek. It didn’t hurt.

“Now I’m imagining things,” she said, pulling on a bathrobe.

Quill’s door wasn’t open, so Lucy knocked lightly and once more heard a groan from inside. She pushed open the door and saw Quill, lying on his side in bed. A purple comforter was kicked to the ground of the otherwise very neat room. She approached his bed and sat down on the edge.

“Quill?” she asked, shaking him softly. He was burning up.

Pushing his hair out of his face, she saw that his eyes were open and he was awake. His face was pale, with two patches of bright pink on his cheeks. His hair clung to his forehead with sweat and there was an angry rash on his neck and shoulders.

“Quill?” she asked again, her voice a notable octave higher.

He groaned softly and closed his eyes. “I don’t feel so good, Lu.”

“Hold on,” she instructed.

She grabbed the thermometer from the medicine cabinet and stuck it under his tongue. Then she wet a cool washcloth in the kitchen and placed it gently on his forehead.

His temperature was over a hundred. Well over a hundred.

Rushing into her room, she pulled on some clean clothes and shoved on her shoes, making a face as she heard a squishing sound.  

Her shoes were wet, like she’d been out in the rain. She took them off, along with her now soaked socks, and pulled on her sandals instead. They were ratty gray strappy things and she hated them. She dialed Lotti’s number into her cell as quickly as she could.

“Hello?”

“Hey Lotti,” Lucy said, pulling a brush through her hair. “I need a ride.”

“To school?” Lotti asked. Lucy could hear the sounds of Lotti beginning to move. “Something happen to the Bronco?”

“Not to school,” Lucy said. “Hospital. Quill’s got a really bad fever and I don’t think the Bronco has enough gas in it to make it there.”

“How bad are we talking?”

“Hundred and three point nine.”

“Damn,” Lotti cursed. “Alright, I’m on my way.” Lucy heard the sound of a door shutting.

Lucy hung up the phone and went back into Quill’s room, punting Norbert on the way in. She shook him gently again.

“Come on, big boy,” she said softly. “We’re going to the doctor. Let’s get you dressed.”

“I hate the doctor,” Quill said. “I don’t wanna go.”

“Aww,” Lucy said, pulling him into a hug. “I don’t care.”

Quill stuck his tongue out at her.

“Look on the bright side,” Lucy said, trying to sound cheerful. “You’re cat peed in my shoes.”

Quill chuckled.

“That makes it a little better,” he agreed.

 

 

 

The doctor’s office smelled like bleach. Quill was leaning on her shoulder, breathing shakily while she filled out paperwork. Lotti was sitting next to her reading a magazine.

“Ew,” the blonde girl said, pointing to a dress a model was wearing. Lucy nodded in agreement; the dress was defiantly “Ew”.

Lotti kept looking at Lucy and trying to smile, but Lucy couldn’t smile back. She always got like this when she was worried; all tight lipped and anxious. Lotti slid her hand into Lucy’s and it a quick squeeze. They sat like that for a moment and Lucy noticed Lotti lacked her usual sparkle and luster.

 “No rainbows today?” she asked, attempting to tease.

Lotti shook her head. “No time today.” She looked over at Quill. “There was a bit of family emergency.”

That made Lucy smile.

She ran a hand through Quill’s hair as she finished filling out all his medical information. Standing up carefully, so she that didn’t upset him, she walked up the counter and gave the receptionist the clipboard of papers. The receptionist asked a few follow up questions and Lucy gave her Quill’s medical card. It was scanned and given back to her, along with the typical response of,

“The doctor will be with you shortly.”

The wait was long, what with Quill snoozing on her shoulder and the “Please Quiet Voices Only” sign refraining Lotti from being…Lotti. There was an elderly couple in the corner reading magazines and a tall woman with red hair sitting across from them, her hands clamped in her lap. A boy with dark hair was getting a drink of water at the cooler in the corner. 

But after thirty or so minutes of waiting and awkward silence, a nurse finally appeared and called Quill’s name.

“Aquila Carson?”

Lucy helped Quill to his feet and Lotti followed them, magazine still in hand.

They were set up in room five, as the bronze number on the door told her. It was a tiny little room, with one chair for the doctor, one chair for a guest, a traditional patient table and a poster of a smiling doctor with a motivational phrase underneath her. Lotti sat in the chair while Lucy stood next to the nurse and told him Quill’s symptoms, occasionally having to urge Quill tell him something she didn’t know.

They took his temperature again and it had, much to Lucy’s relief, fallen slightly.

“One hundred three,” the nurse said, scribbling it down. “He probably won’t be admitted, but I’d still wait for the doctor’s recommendation on that. There are some prescriptions we can give him for the fever. But the other symptoms might need more testing.”

He left for a minute and returned with some pills in a small white cup and another paper cup full of water. Quill took them and, not five minutes later, was smiling stupidly up at the ceiling, clearly no longer in pain.

“Some painkillers,” the nurse explained, writing more things down on his clipboard. “The doctor will be here in just a minute.”

Lucy nodded absentmindedly as the nurse left. She took Quills’ hand in hers as he lay back in the patients table, closing his eyes. Lotti made a joke about a human anatomy poster that Lucy didn’t hear but laughed at regardless. Lotti frowned.

“Sit down, Lu,” she scolded lightly.

“I can’t,” Lucy said. “There was nothing wrong with him last night! Nothing! And now, he’s got a fever, and a rash, and-“

She was cut off by Lotti forcing her down into the chair. “You’re freaking yourself out, and it’s not going to help him get better. They’re gonna run tests and everything.”

“You’re right,” Lucy said finally. “I just get a little-“

“Oh trust me,” Lotti said, letting out a little laugh. “I know how you get.”

Lucy picked up one of the magazines from the counter. She was attempting to read about ‘Brangelina; The Breakup?’, when she remembered something.

“I had a dream about you last night.”

Lotti looked up from her own magazine and grinned. “Oh really?” she leaned forward. “How naked were we? Whisper it so Captain Delirium doesn’t hear.”

“I was half fish,” Lucy snorted. “And you were fully clothed.”

“Well, that is less interesting,” Lotti said. “But you should tell me the rest anyways.” She winked.

“Well, Quill and I were in the alley behind our apartment,” Lucy said. “We were getting attacked by this really tall man. He was black, and I don’t mean like ‘African-American black’.” She shook her head. “He was literally black. And he bit Quill…on his shoulder…” her voice trailed off.

Lotti took her hand again. “Lu?”

“Actually, Lotti,” she said softly. “A lot of weird things happened in between last night and this morning.”

Lotti opened her mouth, but the doctor came in at that moment. He was very tall and had salt and pepper hair, though he couldn’t have been much older than thirty-five. He looked tired and stressed, but smiled at them nonetheless. His name tag said ‘Dr. Walker’.

He had a few more questions than the nurse had, but was just as helpful. Which was almost not at all.

“When did these symptoms start?”

When it was clear Quill wasn’t going to answer but instead giggle at the dots on the ceiling, Lucy stepped in. “He was fine last night. But, when I woke him up this morning, he had this rash.” She motioned to the red splotches on his neck and shoulder. “And a high fever.”

The doctor took some notes and ran some tests. Lucy paced up and down the waiting room while Quill got his blood drawn, Lotti trying to get her to sit down. Lucy kept running through the night before, wondering if there was anything different. Her head gave its little jolt of pain, as if reminding her that thinking with a migraine hurt.

She ended up thinking about the dream again, if only to keep her mind occupied. There was a boy in a black hoodie who had saved her. She had screamed at something before being submerged underwater, becoming a mermaid and saving a fully clothed, but drowning, Lotti.

It had been a very random, but very vivid, dream.

In the end, it was decided that Quill was fit to go home; that he just had the flu and maybe some food poisoning from bad leftovers or something. Dr. Walker wrote some prescriptions he said Quill could use for the pain. Lucy signed all the appropriate papers and he walked them to the outpatient door with a friendly joke about going through their fridge that night.

Lotti was chewing her cheek behind them, her tell tale sign that she was holding back saying something, but Lucy felt a little better. When they got Quill back in the car, Lucy’s hands were full of medical forms and prescriptions.

They spent another hour at the pharmacy, getting all his prescriptions filled at the local Wal-Mart. Lucy sat with Quill on a stiff white bench in the waiting area, surrounded by a sea of starched blue carpet and a “Magic Blood Pressure Machine” machine, while Lotti browsed around the over the counter medications.

“Nyquil?” she said, holding a bottle of green liquid. “Do you think it would help him?”

“Couldn’t hurt, I guess. Anything to help him sleep.”

The drive home was slower than the drive there -considering Lotti has driven like the devil was on her heels on the way there- but Lotti was still chewing on her cheek. Her eyes kept darting to her rearview mirror and back to the road.

“Are you okay?”

“Are you?” Lotti asked back. Her eyes focused onto Lucy’s through the rearview mirror for a moment before flicking back to the road.

“Well, now that Quill’s okay,” Lucy said.

“Did you guys meet anyone new yesterday?” Lotti asked, keeping her tone conversational. Lucy shook her head. “Oh…well…did you make any weird friends in Denver?”

“Nah,” Lucy said. “You know me. Kept quiet and lived with Quill in the local bookstore.”

Quill stirred on her shoulder. 

“What are you saying?” Lucy asked. Lotti’s silence was unsettling.

“I didn’t say anything before, because I wasn’t sure,” Lotti said, as they pulled to a stop in the apartment parking lot. “But someone’s been following us.”

 

© 2012 Vincent Ezra Von'Lambert


Author's Note

Vincent Ezra Von'Lambert
Ignore grammar problems, as they've all been fixed in the final editing. ^o^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG that is a great place to leave off!!!! God I want to know more though!!!! Ah!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aaaaah~! I was like internally screaming the whole time! Haha. Which was stupid cause I sorta remember a conversation about part of this chapter. Just part of it. Most of it had me confused. But it was fantastic. I love Lucy and Quills banter! They're such siblings! haha. And those demons good God those are freaking CREEPY! XD now i wanna draw one. hahah. o.O What's worse, they had blue yes, which creeps me out for reasons you may not understand. Anyway, MAV! I like squeed when he showed up. I love Mav so much! Yes I will forever call him Mav, deal with it. XD Is it wrong that I ship him with Lucy? Cause...I do. Like, yeah. I can't help it. And I totally just wanna call them Lav or Mavy or something stupid like that! hahah. Omg Lottie, can not 'not' love her. She's just so....Lottie. o.o I'm really eager to read more cause...I WANNA KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

374 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 12, 2012
Last Updated on July 12, 2012
Tags: fantasy, lucy, lotti, maverick, rorie

Author

Vincent Ezra Von'Lambert
Vincent Ezra Von'Lambert

Quincy, CA



About
I noramally write fantasy novels, but I like using my own characters more than other peoples (and that's not to say i havent' read quite a few good fanfictions!). Ummm....I sometimes like to co-write .. more..

Writing