A wilting rose

A wilting rose

A Poem by Wardah

Depression runs through my body
As the ocean fills the crevices of my eyes
I dream of the night that the skies sparkle and the moon winks at me.
I dream of the day that I hold the hand that loves me most.
I pray that the one who taught me love lives forever and the one who taught my heart to feel it’s opposite learns the feeling of love.

The feeling of pure bliss, the tickle of clouds under his feet. The warmth from the sun shining on his cheek. Except the only hear his soul provided was the blows he took to my chest, face and body. It was warm because it deviated my attention from darkness to pain. It burned. It incinerated my soul.

As I walk this world that was given to us,
I realize how cold I am, shivering and no hand to be held
Walking aimlessly into the dark where the there was no end.
And as I walk I notice that my wounds glow.

I catch bystanders laughing and smirking, hearts full of gossip. Bringing tides once again.

I return myself to my comfort and here, I find a missing piece. Once a family of four now missing it’s flower that was watered everyday. Now depression running through the happiest place on Earth, I question why I should exist.

I question why the flower was watered every day if it wasn’t to bloom bearing fruits. Instead it wilted and fell to the darkness completely defeated returning back to where it sprouted.

© 2021 Wardah


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such emotion in this piece, I found this beautiful though,
wonderfully written write

Posted 2 Years Ago


A beautifully written piece, It's almost as if I felt every bit of emotion in every word. Again, beautifully written.

Posted 2 Years Ago


A very somber heartfelt piece of poetry. I was moved by the sadness of your words and the truthful pain behind them. Good writing should always strive to make the reader feel or empathize with the words. You did a marvelous job on this poem. Thank you for sharing your art with us.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2021
Last Updated on November 8, 2021

Author

Wardah
Wardah

OH



Writing