The pain of tears

The pain of tears

A Story by Roses For Cheeks
"

A short passage on the pain of crying, in vivid detail.

"
The fresh hot tears rolled down my face with the menacing threat of more. Their damp tracks tangible against the starkness of my cheek. They rolled off the tips of my eyelashes over the smooth expanse of the roses of my cheeks and brushed sweetly against my lips, the taste of the ocean greeted my tongue providing a false sense of tranquility. Then with the promise of more they pored uncontrollably. My face contorted into the pain that only loneliness could paint on a canvas so seemingly serene. The pain was there burning at my heart, licking against my heart like an uncontrolled flame, until it made its own peace and struck the sensitive centre of my being. The cries wracked my body. My torso convulsing with sobs and my arms and legs providing a cage or a means of restraint around my shaking ribs. Perhaps if I gripped myself tight enough the tears would subside. And they did, hours into the early morn when my body took its last shake, it's last sob a meek and subservient tear made it's way down the tracks to my lips where it's predecessors had. It was then sleep gave me mercy and dragged me under the covers of my eyelids.

© 2013 Roses For Cheeks


Author's Note

Roses For Cheeks
Please give me criticism aha, good or bad. Keep in mind this is just a hobby and I wrote this while crying in like 4 minutes..

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well nothing like living it that let's you write it. I thought that this was well written with realistic and vivid images. I can relate to you poem and it spoke to me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Roses For Cheeks

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you found it realistic and that you saw the images I was paintin.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Added on October 6, 2013
Last Updated on October 6, 2013
Tags: Crying, tears, lonely, loneliness, late, night, writing, experimental, hurt

Author

Roses For Cheeks
Roses For Cheeks

Australia



About
Young Australian bookworm. Writing is a hobby especially the creative kind. more..

Writing