Bubbles

Bubbles

A Poem by rougey
"

A random poem I wrote in high school

"

Blood red, lying in the bed of my enemy. Lying in wait, ready and posed to shred and destroy, not wanting to kill, but not wanting to die, unsure of how to proceed, the tide will not recede. Retreat is not an option. The only choice it to proceed with caution, killing with passion results in a loss of compassion. There can be only one way to end this vile construction, is by total destruction. I will not submit, I will only resist. They will soon wish to cease to exist. The foul scent of their essence on the breath of my weapon. I spring uncoiling, my weapon flashing in the moonlight. Striking each in turn, dodging returning blows, knowing I can’t be beaten. I watch as this realization dawns on them, their confidence shattered, their bodies battered. It is over, there is no more need for cover. I stand in the open, waiting, waiting for a sign of opposition. There is none, for it appears that they have been beaten into submission. I turn and walk from this bloody situation.

© 2010 rougey


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on January 17, 2010
Last Updated on January 17, 2010

Author

rougey
rougey

alamosa, CO



About
nothing interesting to report about myself more..

Writing
Maelstrom Maelstrom

A Poem by rougey


Rage Rage

A Poem by rougey