Masterpiece

Masterpiece

A Screenplay by Roxana Lica
"

you are art.

"
Masterpieces are often contrived by exceptionally gifted individuals, who embed their thoughts, emotions or pure spontaneity on different materials; pieces composed by masters. In that respect, we are all masters; life is our canvas, solder or score; depending on your personal preference and ability to craft. We fill these mediums with our thoughts, emotions and experiences; and the only limiting factor we have is time; death. And everything we worked on either becomes successful, or in most cases, oblivious.
Your canvas is certainly not the prettiest; it may consist of rough patches, bloodstains and tears; but what about the possessor of the canvas, the master? I truly wish you are able to comprehend how overwhelming it is to be able to gaze at you, and be assured that I don’t need to visit you in a museum, I don’t need to pay millions to hold you in my arms, I am not restricted from touching you due to you being antique and exposed to the danger of being damaged. Your aesthetic is transcendent, you please the mind effortlessly. It was never about the physique; once i got a glimpse of your soul, it elaborated your whole appearance into something beyond mesmerising; a blind woman would be able to love you just as much. I’m egotistical for wanting to call you my masterpiece, as much as I wouldn’t want you belonging to anyone else. You are worth more than those millions, you belong in a much superior place than the museum; and you should be touched only by those who vow to not break you; and darling i cannot take this honour upon myself. Someone like you is entitled to liberty, to make their own choice; and I would be a regrettable one. You are living proof of my lack of value, and I can proudly say that I couldn’t be more privileged. At this rate, I am thinking you will never end up in the hands of anyone, as we should not  dedicate ourselves to someone who doesn’t mirror at least a quarter of ourselves; and it seems merely impossible to find someone like that for yourself, but consider that the ideal predicament. 
Not every masterpiece is created by humankind, and not every masterpiece is destined belong to one. 

© 2017 Roxana Lica


Author's Note

Roxana Lica
my first piece, i wrote this at 3am so excuse any SPAG mistakes, or even any thing that doesn't really make sense. i am looking forward to feedback it would mean a lot. feel free to criticise.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

That is amazing. I love it and I can relate so much to it. There is so much to the world that no one can understand.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2017
Last Updated on February 26, 2017

Author

Roxana Lica
Roxana Lica

Birmingham, United Kingdom



About
16 year old A level student. Amateur, don't expect anything big. I write because I like to do so, and it keeps my mind off things. I don't study anything related to english literature or language, I j.. more..