Mexico night

Mexico night

A Poem by Rick Puetter
"

Quiet places in the night, stirring thoughts, bringing peace and sleep

"

















Club Cascadas at sunset.  Photo by Richard Puetter, 2004.

Mexico night

     ...Quiet places in the night, stirring thoughts, bringing peace and sleep

Hear the hushful night,
stirring thoughts
and insight.
 
Distant
   Cricket
      calling,
 
…Singing through the night.
 
 
Feel the opiate night,
all life’s pain,
setting right.
 
Gentle
   Breezes
      blowing,
 
…making cares seem light.
 
 
Breathe the musky night,
fragrant wind,
such delight.
 
Scented
   Flower
      falling
 
…perfumed dreams in flight.
 
 

 

©2008, Richard Puetter

© 2020 Rick Puetter


Author's Note

Rick Puetter
Well, I got some wonderful, helpful reviews again. Thank you, my friends, for your generous help!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really enjoyed this piece because even through the seemingly haphazard choice of words, you have created a beautiful paradigm here. For example, your alliterations cricket calling, breezes blowing, and flower falling; or your little rhyme scheme. However, like an old friend of mine used to say, just because it is poetry does not mean the sentences within it have to make nix sense. ==> Feel the opiate night, of life's pain, making right. Making what right good sire? And you should drop that first comma, it's just choking the piece and doesn't bring much else to your minimalism.

Otherwise you've my admiration. For an 'old' physicists, you've time to appreciate such dulcorations of life, more so the eyes and spirit to do it.

Thracian

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Rick what a delightful read with a beautiful romantic ending.
enjoyed. Thank you
Hugs
D

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rick, I loved the repetition of senses...Hear, Feel, Breathe, that anchored this poem. What a lovely read! I liked how each stanza had that powerful internal rhyme that is my personal favorite to write and to read! The rhythm is breezy and like a small song. What a treasure.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

810 Views
12 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 25, 2008
Last Updated on October 26, 2020

Author

Rick Puetter
Rick Puetter

San Diego, CA



About
So what's the most important thing to say about myself? I guess the overarching aspect of my personality is that I am a scientist, an astrophysicist to be precise. Not that I am touting science.. more..

Writing