Vampire Royals

Vampire Royals

A Story by Rikita Singleton
"

It is about a vampire who has a bad past who falls in love with a girl when his past comes back and forces him to confront it.

"

Prologue

It was a dark night here in Los Angeles, California, when this couple was camping out in the woods. Hearing a rustle in the darkness the girl looks to see what is taking her boyfriend so long.

Girl: John, are you there? Hello?

She suddenly notices blood on her cheek, dripping down on her from up above.   What she found when she looked up was John brutally murdered in the tree.  As she screamed an unknown figure jumped down and trampled her to the ground.

Chapter 1

Mom: Serena, time to wake up, you don’t want to be late for your first day of your last year of school do you?

Serena: I am up mom. 

As Serena got up to get dressed she was a little sad about going to school and knowing that summer was over and the boring year is here once again, because here in LA nothing exciting ever happens to her.  Serena is 17 years old, pretty slim, 5”4, and she has long, shiny, straight, blond hair. She also has brown eyes.  She is very out going, funny, smart, gets good grades, and she is one of the popular girls.  She is very out spoken as well.  She has an older brother who is one year older than her named Vince, who is this ladies man, who is very handsome and well built.  Like Serena he is very smart and funny. He is 5”9, and he has a very conservative personality, but he is only out going with a few friends and his family.  He also has short, dark, brown hair and brown eyes.  When Serena finally went downstairs she saw her mom, dad, and brother already at the table eating breakfast.

Dad (Darien): So Serena, are you ready for your last year of High School, at Trinity High?

Serena: As ready as I’ll ever be dad.

Dad: what is that suppose to mean?

Vince: It means she is going to fail compare to me because I am far more superior when it comes to school.

Serena: Oh yeah, I am really sulking right now because I can’t beat my brother.  She said with a sarcastic tone. Anyway dad, I say that only because this year is not going to be different than last year or the year before. Nothing interesting or exciting ever happens it is just going to be a regular year like always.

Mom (Trista): Well, this year might be different, and you may get something special this time around. 

Serena/Vince: I doubt that.

All of a sudden a horn from a car sounded from outside.

Voice: HEY, SERENA, VINCE, ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR OUR LAST DAYS AT TRINITY HIGH.

Serena: Well, if it isn’t who I think it is. 

Mom: have a nice day at school Serena.

Dad: You too son.

Serena: thanks dad and mom.

Vince: yeah thanks.

As they went outside they saw a 4 door black and silver ford focus in the middle of their driveway.  The driver who yelled out their names was Catherine, who was their best friend since kindergarten.  Catherine is the same age and height as Serena.  She has short sandy brown hair and she is as slim, but a little built as well since she takes karate classes. She is a little shy except when she gets to know a person and then she really talks your ear off. She is smart and funny as well.  She is the kind of person who tells you the truth no matter what and she is a kind hearted person.  The guy who was sitting next to her in the passenger seat was Jack, who was a little bigger muscle wise than Vince.  Jack, was an out spoken and caring, He sometimes could be a little mean and rude, but he does have a heart, even though he doesn’t show it.  He is funny and has black hair down to his neck, and he has dark brown eyes.  

Jack: Hey guys.

Vince: hey Jack, Cat, how’s it goin?

Cat: Same ole same ole.  I am glad this is our last year. Whoot.

Jack: Whatever, nothing is going to happen; it is sooo going to be boring.

Serena: I agree so much.

Cat: You two are so not optimistic.  You have to have a little faith it will be interesting this year.  You never know, it could be very unpredictable. Now get in the car before we are late for school.

But as Serena got in the car she had a feeling what Cat was telling her was never going to happen.

Uncle: Nick, hurry up, if you are going to live here then you have to go to school like everyone else.

Nick: Fine, I will go then.

Uncle: why are you here anyway?  I mean why did you really come back here?

Nick: I just needed to get away from Ireland for awhile. It is no bd.

Uncle: whatever. Just so you know, if things get crazy then I will not help you get out of it. 

Nick: That is fine.

 

As Serena, Vince, Cat, and Jack waited for the Spanish teacher to begin class, the door opened to the most pleasant surprise Serena had ever seen.   It was a new guy she had never seen before. He had short black hair, very well built, looked as tall as her brother, and had on a tight black t-shirt that showed off his muscular arms.  As well as tight jeans. He was the hottest guy Serena had ever seen and apparently every other girl in the class thought so too as Serena caught the other girls taking a peak at out new guest.

Teacher: Everyone, I would like to welcome a new student to the school.  Nick.  Tell us something about you Nick.

Nick: Well, I just moved from Ireland, and I moved here to live with my uncle.  

Teacher:  Ok.  Well you can sit next to Serena.

As Nick sat down next to Serena, she couldn’t stop staring at him.  He was very handsome, and when he looked up she caught a glimpse of his eyes which were very dark silver, and very enticing to her as well as his Ireland accent. 

Nick noticed Serena looking at him from the corner of his eyes. He thought she was the most beautiful girl he had ever laid his eyes on.  He would very much like to get to know her, but he could never let himself get too close to her because of his past.  He would only become her friend and that is all. He hoped.

Teacher: Okay everyone, for your first assignment I want you to get a partner and tell them in Spanish one thing that you did over the summer and then we are going to come back together and you both are going to come to the front of the class and do the same exact dialogue.  

Cat: Hey Serena do you want to---- 

Nick: Be my partner.

Cat: Definitely be his partner Serena, I can partner with someone else.  He is sooooo hot.  DO IT.  She whispered to Serena.

Serena: Ok Nick, I will be your partner. 

As they sat down next to each other they didn’t say a thing until Nick spoke up.

Nick: Hey, how are you.  

Serena: I am fine. What brings you here to LA?

Nick: Eh, I wanted a change of scenery.  Nothing much to do in Ireland really.

Serena: Cool. Well, you might want to change places soon because you will soon find out that there is nothing to do around here. Plus there is nothing that is very interesting here.

Nick: I seriously doubt that.

Chapter 2

After school Serena decided to go for a run in the woods.  All of a sudden she heard a crunch right behind her. So she stopped to look if anything or anyone was behind her or near her.

Serena:  Hello? Is anyone there?

She took her headphones out and listened to her surroundings. When she turned around she screamed at the figure in front of her.  She finally realized it was Nick.

Serena: OMG, Nick, you scared the heck out of me. Serena said breathing heavily. 

Nick: I am sorry.  I was just walking through the woods and I heard someone so I went to check it out and found you.  

Serena: Ah, I see.  

Nick: So what are you doing here?

Serena: I like to run in the woods, it is good for clearing my head.

Nick: That is nice. Hey, I know we just met, but would you like to go to Starbucks with me?

Serena: Uhh...Sure, why not. When?

Nick: Tomorrow night.

Serena: That is cool.  I will meet you there at eight.

That night Serena was talking to Catherine over the phone.

Cat: OMG. I cannot believe he asked you out.  That is just awesome.  He is sooo hot and mysterious I might add. Every girl is going to be so green over this.  What are you going to wear?

Serena: Uhh, maybe my black skirt with my blue blouse and black sandals with the heels.  Most likely.  And you shouldn’t get overly excited; it is not like we are going to start being a couple after this or something. 

Cat: Whatever, I am just saying it would be so cool if you did. Hey, I guess I was right for once by the way.

Serena: About what?

Cat: Things are about to become very interesting around here.

And right now Serena couldn’t agree more.

Chapter 3

Vince: Getting ready for the best date ever? He asked sarcastically.

Serena: OH MY GOD! Cat didn’t tell you did she, or Jack for that matter I hope.

Vince: Oh, no. He said smiling. She didn’t tell me this date isn’t with the hottest guy in school and that it would be the best date of all time. 

Serena: Shut up, you loser.  It is not a date, we are just going to get to know each other.

Vince: Yeah, ok.

 

When she finally got to Starbucks, Nick was right there in the front of the coffee shop waiting for her with a cup of coffee and a lemon cake.  

Nick: Hey, I hope its ok, but I already ordered for you.

Serena: Depends, did you guess my favorite coffee I like to drink?

Nick: Wait, you have a favorite. Well, I think I guessed. Is it the…Pumpkin Spice Frappichino.

Serena: Cat told you didn’t she?

Nick: Yeah she did. Her, and Jack, and your brother Vince also warned me to take care of you or they would hurt me some how.

Serena: Aww, I am sorry.  I will talk to them about that.  They are just very protective of me. They are also crazy.

Nick: It’s ok.  If it was to protect you then it is fine. They are your friends and I understand that. So if you don’t mind, I would rather eat out here. Only because it is a beautiful, clear, and warm night. And you can see the stars clearly.

Serena: Ah, you are a night gazer, I am surprised. We can sit outside though.

Nick: Why are you so surprised about that?

Serena: You just don’t look like the type.

Nick: Ah, I see. Well, to get to know each other, how about you tell me something about you.

Serena: Well it is true I am fascinating. I have lived here all my life unfortunately, I am 17 years old, I can’t wait to finally get out of LA, and I want to major in writing in college. Also I like to read, play video games, and hate to go shopping.

Nick: Hmm, that is fascinating.

Serena: So, fascinate me back.

Nick: Well, I moved here from Ireland to live with my uncle for a change of scenery.  I like to night gaze, I like to read as well and I like to draw.  I am 18 years old and when I graduate I want to major in art in college, and I also like to play video games, mostly action though.

Serena: Me as well. You are fascinating as well. 

Nick: You know, I was kind of nervous tonight to tell you the truth.

Serena: Why?

Nick: I didn’t think this would go well. I thought you wouldn’t like me or something and I would do something wrong.

Serena: Well, you are doing great so far.

Nick: Thanks. So, what do like to write about?

Serena: Umm, mostly supernatural stuff, like Vampires mostly or werewolves.

Nick: Really, and what do you know about Vampires?

Serena: She laughed, and then said: mostly the regular things, like they suck blood, and you can kill them with garlic, and they can’t be in the sun.

Nick: Ah. What if I told you they could be out in the sun and garlic does not help at all or a steak in the heart.  What if I told you those are all clichés?

Serena: uhh…I would say how would you know that?

Nick: I am just joking. My father was a vampire fanatic and he just always thought it was a cliché so he told me stories on how vampires were always nice and not as mean as us humans put them out to be.

Serena: Well, stories those parents can tell us children.  Oh, why didn’t your parents come with you?

Nick: They died last year.

Serena: I am sorry, I didn’t know.  How did they die?

Nick: Car crash.

Serena: I am sorry.

Nick: No worries. Hey, it is getting late do you need to get home?

Serena: Oh no. I do need to get home.

Nick: I will walk you.

When they finally got to her house she turned to him.

Serena: Well, thank you for a fun evening. I really enjoyed myself.

Nick: You are very welcome.  I hope we can do this again.

Serena: Well, I think we can.

They both said their farewells and when Serena opened her front door she was greeted by Cat, Vince, and Jack.

Vince: Aww, isn’t that so sweet they are going to go on a second date.  He said sarcastically.

Serena: Shut up Vince.

Cat: Well, I am glad she had a good time.

Jack: You guys should have kissed, it would have been so much funnier…Oh, I mean sweet.

Serena hit Jack playfully on the arm while she laughed. While all she could think about was getting to see Nick again.

Chapter 4

One month later

Cat: So how is your bf doing?

Serena: Well he is doing just fine, thank you very much. He is walking me home today.

Jack: Well tell him we are kidnapping you from him tonight to hang out at your house, unless he wants to come.

Serena: Fine, I will see if he wants to come. 

Vince: Yeah, that’s what she said indeed, I guess we cannot kidnap her guys if they are going to be doing that.

Serena: I am going to kill you Vince, seriously. 

Vince: Well you set yourself up for it.

Jack: Yeah, that you did dude.

Serena: Whatever. Well Cat is my only friend now.  As she turned she saw Cat laughing. Betrayer.

As Nick and Serena were walking home he stopped her.

Serena: What’s wrong?

Nick: Well, I wanted to give you a present.

Serena: Really, what is it?

Nick pulled out a red box and when she opened it, it revealed a silver necklace with a pink heart pendent with the words I Love You on it.

Serena: Thank you, it is so pretty and this is so sweet. I love it.

After Nick put it on for her, she hugged him and they continued walking.

Serena: Oh, yeah. My friends say they are supposedly kidnapping me from you so I am going to be at my house tonight, do you want to come?

Nick: Sure, that sounds like fun.

Serena: Cool.

 

Uncle: Hey, Nick, this little box and letter came for you.

Nick: Thanks uncle.

When Nick opened the box it revealed Serena’s necklace in the box with blood on it.

Dear Nick,

I can’t wait to see you and play with your new toy that you have.  Don’t worry, I just stole her necklace that is all I haven’t hurt her quite yet. You know I like to play with my food first. See you soon.

 

Sincerely your loving brother,

Damien.

After Nick read the letter he rushed to Serena’s house right away. 

Serena heard the door bell and opened the door, when she saw Nick looking worried she asked him what the matter was.

Nick: Are you ok, you are not hurt are you?

Serena: Not that I know of.  Oh, I am so sorry I lost your necklace, it must have fallen off.  I am sorry.

Nick: It is ok, I found it.

Serena: Sweet.  Are you sure you are ok, you seem frantic about something?

Nick: I am fine, I guess it was just a joke.

Without hearing the last part he had said Serena continued talking.

Serena: Hey, I cannot believe you didn’t tell me.

Nick: Tell you what?

Serena: That you had a brother.

Nick: How did you know?

Damien: Hello little brother.

Nick: So, you are really here.

Damien: Of course. I never tell a lie.

Damien is the same height as Nick, he has short black hair with amethyst colored eyes.  He was as built as Nick and the way he looks is evil and mysterious.

Nick: How did you two meet?

Serena: Well I was running in the woods and he was running too and we just bumped into each other.  And we just started talking. 

Damien: Your gf is very sweet and nice.  It would be very sad if she just disappeared.

Nick: Hey Serena, can I talk to my brother alone for a second.

Serena: Sure, I will just get ready for everyone else to come.  Hey maybe Damien can stay too.

Nick: Oh, he can’t, He is hanging out with my uncle tonight.

Serena: Ok.

Neither Nick nor Damien said anything until Serena left from hearing distance.

Nick: Damien, why are you here.  You need to leave and I mean now.

Damien: Well, I don’t want to leave. I want to play a game, and the game so happens to involve your gf and her friends.  I think it would be fun don’t you?

Nick: Look if you are still mad about----

Damien: Well, I am a little mad about that. So, I think this will help me get a little pick me up, and you can’t stop me.

Nick: You don’t want to play with me Damien.

Damien: Well, little Nicky I am sure I do.  Let the games begin.

Chapter 5

Serena and Cat were taking a walk in the woods just talking.

Serena: So Cat, you saw Nick’s brother right?

Cat: Oh yeah, I definitely did.  Do you think I have a shot?

Serena: Of course, but what about Jack?

Cat: Well, a girl can only think about it.  I would never do that to Jack though. You know I like him, he is my number one and only.

Serena: Of course.  But hey, I will see you later, I gotta run because it is my turn to cook dinner.

Cat: Ok. I will see you later.

As Serena ran off, Cat continued walking until she heard a noise.

Cat: Hello? 

All of a sudden a figure jumped out on her and the last thing you heard was a scream.

 

As the phone rang at Serena’s house Vince was the one to pick it up.

Vince: Hello….oh my god, is she ok.  Ok, Jack, calm down, Serena and I will be right there.

Serena: What’s wrong?

Vince: Cat was in an accident with some bear or lion or something.  Jack just called. And the doctor said it looks pretty bad.  She is bruised and had lost a lot of blood from this bite she had on her neck.

Serena: OH MY GOD!!! We have to go to the hospital. I will call Nick.

Vince: Hurry up, I am ready to go.  

Serena: I will meet you there.

Vince: Fine. 

Serena: Nick

Nick: Hey, are you ok?

Serena: Cat was in an accident and I don’t know if she is going to be ok.  Can you come here please and go with me to see her at the hospital.

Nick of course. I will be there in a few minutes. Did the doctor say how she got in the accident or what her condition was?

Serena: She said that she was attacked by a bear or lion or something.  And that she lost a lot of blood from a bite she had on her neck.

Nick: Ok, I will be right there.

After Serena got off the phone, she went downstairs to wait for Nick, until she heard a knock on the door.  

Serena: Damien, hey, I can’t talk right now, I am about to go to the hospital to see Cat.

Damien: Why, what happened to our dear Catherine?

Serena: Well, She got attacked by something and she lost a lot of blood from a bite on her neck.

Damien: Oh, I know that. 

Serena: What are you talking about?

Damien: Well, I followed you both walking home and saw that poor Catherine was all by herself, so I played a game with her and tried to kill her. Oh, she is alive, don’t fret, she just will be unconscious for a few days. 

Serena: That is not funny Damien. 

Damien: Who said I was joking. He said smiling evilly.  I just wanted to come to tell you that you are going to die soon. I am getting really bored with this game I am playing to get even with my dear brother. So I am going to speed things up and kill you nice and slow so Nick can find your bloody body on the floor.

Serena: Ok, if you are trying to scare me, you are doing a great job.

Damien: Well if you want to be even more scared I wouldn’t run.

Damien rushed to her in an instant and grabbed her roughly throwing her to the ground.  She it her head on the floor hard, but was still conscious as Damien walked slowly stalking and slowly to her, when she finally came to her she kicked him in the leg and ran.  Damien recovered quickly and ran to her and grabbed her by the throat.

Damien: I hope you have looked back on your past and preset and have said your goodbyes.

As Serena started crying, she was suddenly dropped as Damien was pulled back to the ground.

Serena: NICK!!!

Nick: Serena, get into my car, and stay there until I get there.

As Serena ran to the car, Nick punched Damien in the face while he was on the ground and hit Damien with one last blow to the head with a wooden bat. Nick ran to his car and started driving quickly.

Serena: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR BROTHER MAN?

Nick stopped the car near the woods and turned to her slowly looking sad.

Serena: Nick, tell me the truth what is happening and what are you?

Nick: I am going to tell you the truth.  Just remember that I love you very much.  

Serena: You’re scaring me.

Nick: And it is about to get scarier. Trust me.

Chapter 6

Nick: Ok, One: I am a vampire, which is why I know so much about them.  I have been a vampire since I was born. I am truly 18 and the vampire movies you have seen are not true. They aren’t what true vampires are like.  Are you ok so far?

Serena: Surprisingly yes. So, are you guys the only two or are there more?

Nick: Well as far as I know, there are mostly vampires in Ireland. There could be more.

Serena: And are they as evil as your brother?

Nick: No, they are not. Example as you know is me.

Serena: So what did Damien mean, because he told me that this was all a game to get back at you? Why did he almost kill Cat?

Nick: Well, I wasn’t exactly truthful about why I moved down here.  When I was in Ireland, I was kind of a bad person to be around.  Damien and I hung out then.  Damien and I had hurt a lot of people and one night I couldn’t handle it anymore.  On that night I we both saw a girl that we liked.  Damien wanted to turn her, but I wanted to keep her human.  No one deserves this ever.  So Damien is the kind of person who likes to play games and mess with the person’s head, and make them go crazy.  So he killed her best friend and killed her whole family and made her crazy.  That was when we started getting close and we became lovers and started getting into a relationship. So I without telling her who Damien actually was, I told her we had to keep running so Damien would never hurt her. So, one night, he finally caught up with her and saw the two of us together.  He was so angry at me and at her so he ended up changing her, and when I tried to stop him from doing so, it was too late, and she had already gone through the change.  So I tried to help her but she didn’t want to be helped, she just wanted to die. So she hated me and she especially hated Damien. So she burned herself to death and cursed us for making her who she was.  After that, Damien blamed me for what happened and said I will never be happy ever again.  As long as he is suffering I am too.  So, I left Ireland in order to get away from him, but I guess I can never do that.

Serena: Well, I don’t think it is your fault that she died, it is Damien who the blame belongs to, not you. 

Nick: Serena, you need to get away from me, so Damien won’t hurt you. He has already hurt Cat, I don’t want him hurting you.

Serena: I know you will protect me, I will stand by your side no matter what.  I love you, even if you are a vampire and you have an evil brother, I don’t care.

Nick: You are crazy you know that.

Serena: That is why you love me.

Nick: Fine, if you are going to be stubborn, then we have to make sure you are safe.  You and your brother may have to stay over my house for a couple of days.

Serena: Ok. I am so glad my parents are gone.

Nick: Serena, just to let you know I may have to kill Damien at some point, because he will never stop until he kills you.

Serena: Well then, we just have to make a plan in order to kill him before he kills me.

Nick: I couldn’t agree more.

Chapter 7

Jack/Vince: HE’S A WHAT AND WHERE WERE WE?

Serena: Yeah, he is a vampire from Ireland and Damien is a Vampire who is straight up evil.

Jack: Ok, so let me get this straight, Damien just wants revenge for something totally not Nick’s fault. Well we should just give him Nick then and be done with it.

Serena: Jack. Serena said warningly.

Jack: Well, it has nothing to do with us per say, so and Cat got hurt because of their family feud. If Nick wasn’t my friend I would hurt him so much and then kill him and Damien for hurting the girl I like. 

Nick: I am sorry for the trouble I am causing. I truly am.

Vince: Whatever dude, it is not your fault it is Damien, we are just angry right now.  So what is your plan to get rid of this SOB. Because right now I am about to get out of this house and kill him myself for hurting my sister and my friend. Not that I care about Serena.

Serena: Aww, I knew you always cared.

Vince: Eww.  It is not like I love you or anything.

Serena: whatever you say brother dear.

Nick: Well, to tell you the truth I would say run away but he would find us sooner or later, he just wants to play a little torture kind of game.

Jack: How about we just go to him and burn him. That is always an option. 

Nick: A foolish option. Oh, and just to let you guys know he may be listening on our little conversation. 

Serena/Jack/Vince: WHAT!!!!!

Serena: Oh, I have a wonderful and a sly plan to get rid of him.

While they were planning Damien was trying to listen in on their plan, but he could not here a thing.

 

Jack: Serena I am really sad about Cat.

Jack was walking with Serena in the woods on a lucid and beautiful night. 

Serena: She will be fine. Cat is a survivor, always has been always will.

Jack: Yeah, I know. That’s my girl.

Serena: Aww, someone has a crush. Serena said teasingly.

Jack: Whatever. He said while blushing.  Anyway, you loser, I have to be going, my mom is making my family have family night or something.

Serena: ok, bye now.

As soon as Jack left, Damien was right there at Serena’s heels.

Damien: Well, Well, Well, little red riding hood has traveled to far from her mother’s house. 

Serena: What do you want Damien.  Nick told me everything.  I know what you are doing and it won’t work.

Damien: Well, congratulations.  I guess my game is over.  I guess I have to kill your brother now.

Serena: What… I know good and well my brother is fine and not captured by the likes of you.

Damien pulled out a picture and showed it to Serena.  In the picture, Vince was tied to a pole in what looks like an old abandoned warehouse. All Serena could do was gasp and feel fear for her older brother.

Damien: But you know, I feel generous today.  How about we do a little trade.  You for your brother.  I don’t need to toys just one and the one I want is you, pretty girl. 

Serena: How do you know I won’t tell Nick or Jack about this?

Damien: Ha, I know you are smarter than to do that. If you tell either one of them, your brother dies automatically and I come after you anyways. You choice sweet heart.  Come to the warehouse tomorrow night at 8 sharp, or your brother will suffer until his last breath screaming for agony.

And like that Damien was gone and Serena had no choice but to accept her fate.

Chapter 8

Nick: Serena, what is wrong with you? You look sad and everything.

Serena: I am not sad, I just feel so worried for everyone, that’s all.  Everything just kind of changed all of a sudden.

Nick: Ok.  Are you sure you don’t want me to hang with you tonight?

Serena: No, I am fine really, but thank you, Jack should be coming soon anyway.

Nick: Ok, I love you.

Serena: I love you too.  I will miss that smile of yours. Serena whispered so low so Nick couldn’t hear her.

Serena smiled at him and kissed him deeply.  After Nick left, Serena went to her car and drove to the warehouse to meet Damien knowing that she was going to die tonight.

Damien: Welcome to my little game, sweets.

Serena: Cut the crap Damien. You know why I came, now let my brother go.

Damien: Oh, so naïve, he was never here.  A little of rearranging the picture around and a different head to put on the body to make you think it was him.  You came on your own accord.

Serena felt stupid then and she should have known it was a trap.  She tried to run to her car, but Damien was right in front of her to block her path.  Damien rushed up to her and held her tightly from behind.

Damien: I can see why my dear sweet brother Nicky is so attracted to you.  I love the scent of your blood and of you.  I cannot wait to take a bite out of you.  But first how about we make you suffer just a little.

He broke her arm and while she screamed he threw her to the ground.

Serena: Why are you doing this to me.

Damien: Why, for the fun of the game and to see my brother suffer, he should never be happy for what he did to me.

Serena: He didn’t do anything to you, you killed that girl, and only because you turned her into something she didn’t want to be.

Damien rushed to her and slapped her on the cheek.

Damien: You don’t know what she wanted.  You don’t even know the half of it.  I loved her but my brother always wins, he always gets the girl and always takes everything from me. So if I can never be happy he can’t be happy.

Serena: Well Damien if you weren’t so cold hearted people might like you.

Damien: But it is so fun.  He said smiling evilly.

Serena whispered something and Damien had to crouch down in order to here.

Damien: What was that?

Serena: Nick is going to find me and he is going to kill you.

Damien: I seriously doubt that.

 

Nick was reading in his room when he heard the doorbell.  When he opened the door it was Vince and Jack.

Nick: Jack? I thought you were meeting Serena at her house.

Jack: No, we have something to tell you.

Nick: What is it?

Vince: Serena left a note hoping we would find it.  Here.

Dear Nick,

I really hope you get this letter in time.  Damien has said he is holding my brother hostage and I am going to an abandoned warehouse to go rescue him.  He said I couldn’t tell you or Jack or he would kill Vince.  I know really stupid, but I think he was watching my every move so I couldn’t tell you.  So I don’t know when you will get this but if I am already dead I love you very much. At the beginning of the year I never thought I would never find anything interesting about LA, not until you came and changed my whole life around. Tell Jack and Catherine goodbye for me I wish them all well. 

Love,

Serena

Nick: Damien is going to pay for this. No ONE touches my girl and gets away with it. I am going to kill him. Did she give us an address to work with?

Vince: Yeah, come on.

Nick: I DRIVE!!!

 

Serena screamed for hours getting tortured in a variety of ways.  She was getting punched, kicked, Damien burned her a little, and he broke her arm and leg.  He also threw her through some glass while she tried to run from him.

Damien: Aww, don’t black out just yet, I am still having my fun. He said while he threw her once more.

Damien: And the last thing to end my fun is I am going to do is bite you and then kill you.

Serena: yo..yo…you don..don’t have to do this.

Damien: I thought we’ve been through this, I do it for the fun.

Damien crouched down and lifted Serena up so he could bite her neck while she was crying, because she knew that this was it and she was going to die.

Damien: Do you have anything left to say?

Serena: She stopped crying to say- Go to hell and I hope Nick kills you soon.

Damien: Well that is not very nice.  But you know that request is very unlikely.

Before he sank his teeth in her, Nick came and pulled Damien away from her.

Vince: Serena, are you ok, you look awful. We need to get you to a hospital now.

Serena: Wait, she said weakly, I want to see him die.

Nick tried to punch Damien in the face, but he missed and Damien kicked Nick in the leg. Nick recovered quickly and tackled Damien to the floor while on the floor Nick punched Damien repeatedly.  While that was happening Jack started a fire and Nick dragged Damien to it.

Damien: Are you really sure you want to do this? To your own brother.

Nick: No, I can’t do it.

Jack: But I can. No ONE messes with my friends.

Jack threw Damien into the fire and when the fire spread they got out of there as soon as they could. When they got to the car Nick ran to Serena to see if she was alright.

Serena: Nick, she said weakly.

Nick: It’s ok, I have you now.  I am glad you are ok. 

Serena: I am a tough girl. 

Nick laughed. Nick: A crazy girl you mean.  Lets get you to the hospital.

Chapter 9

A few months later

Cat: It is finally graduation day, I am excited.

Serena: I am too.

Cat: So, what happened to Nick?

PAST-After the hospital

Serena: What do you mean you are leaving?

Nick: I don’t want this kind of thing like what happened with Damien to happen ever again.  I almost lost you tonight.

Serena: But you didn’t, you came just in time.

Nick: But what if I hadn’t. You could be dead right now and it would be my fault. I am leaving tonight, end of story.

Serena: You can’t go, I love you, don’t you know that. I don’t care what dangerous things come my way because I know you are with me to protect me. I am not afraid. I wasn’t of Damien and I am not going to be afraid of any vampire that tries to kill me. And plus, I have my friends and my brother to have my back if I am in trouble.

Nick: Still I cannot risk it.  This is the last time you are going to see me.  Goodbye Serena.

Serena: Wait.

Nick left quickly while Serena cried until she fell asleep.

Present time

Serena: He just left after they rescued me.

Cat: I am sorry. Well, He is a jerk.  I mean yes people got hurt but we recovered right.

Serena: Yep.

Cat: Forget about him, he is too low for you anyway, and he was a vampire, every time you would have kissed his teeth would get in the way.

Serena laughed. Serena: Thanks Cat.

Cat: No problem.

Jack: Hey dude, you girls ready?

Cat: Yeah sweetie hold on.

Serena: Hold on sweetie.  Well, Well, Well, looks like Mr. no feelings has feelings after all.

Jack: Shut up. I just told her I liked her, that’s it.  Now we are dating yes, but that is it, it’s not like I really like her or something.

Vince: Yeah, dude, that’s not working anymore, crash and burn dude.

Jack: whatever. Fine, I like her and love her. Happy.

Serena: Yes, I am, because now I know that you have a heart. She said laughing.

 

After the graduation they all went to Serena’s house to party.  Cat went to get some more drinks from the refrigerator when she heard a knock on the back door.

Cat: OMG! Nick, what are you doing here?

Nick: I couldn’t stay away from Serena, I mean I left here to go back to Ireland and finished school there, but I couldn’t be without her. Do you think she would talk to me or something.

Cat: Well, as her best friend you really broke her heart. I don’t know if she wants to see you.

Nick: Ok, I will go then, can you just give her this letter and if she reads it tell her I am close by.

Cat: Ok.

Nick handed Cat the letter and then left.

Serena: Cat, I thought you were going to get more drinks. Are you ok, you looked a little shocked.

Cat: I am fine. Ummm…This letter just came for you.

Serena opened the letter and it turned out to be a letter from the one person she didn’t expect to hear from.

Dearest Serena,

My apologies for leaving you.  I had hoped that it would be much better for it to be this way, but in the end I missed you like crazy. I hope that if I come back you would truly forgive my actions and take me back, because I love you and I will be truly broken if you didn’t give me one last chance.

Love,

Nick

Serena couldn’t believe what she was reading. She read it twice and still couldn’t believe. And there was a box on the table. When she opened it, it revealed a teddy bear with flowers in its hands and a heart attached to its chest reading I am sorry.  Serena started crying. Vince, Cat, and Jack rushed into the room.

Vince: Serena, what’s wrong.

Serena: Nick is such a jerk. Apologizing and everything.

Voice: I really am sorry and I don’t want to lose you ever again.

Serena turned around to see Nick in the doorway to her kitchen looking the exact same way before he left.

Cat: we’ll leave you two alone. Vince!

Vince: Oh, I’m ok.  I think I want to stay here.

Cat and Jack looked at each other and then Jack lifted Vince up and carried him out of the room.

Vince: THIS ISN’T FAIR!!!!!

Serena: What are you doing here Nick?

Nick: I wanted to apologize and ask for your forgiveness.  I have missed you and I know now that I shouldn’t have let you go.

Serena: Well you are too late. I have a bf already. 

Jack: NO SHE DOESN’T.  SHE IS LYING!

Serena: Thanks a lot Jack.  

Jack: NO PROB! I AM HERE TO HELP YOU OUT. YOU KNOW THAT.

Nick why do you lie.

Serena: You want to know why.  Well what happens in a few months if another vampire tries to kill me huh. Are you just going to leave to try to protect me.  

Nick: Serena I---

Serena: I am a big girl I can take care of myself.  You can’t protect me from every single thing.  It is not your fault that I got hurt, you should’ve stayed. You didn’t hurt me, Damien did, and you got your revenge.

Nick moved closer to her now, so close that Serena had to look up in order to see his face.

Nick: I know that now, and that I was being stupid, I came back to apologize to you.

Serena: That’s it? Just to apologize to me so you can be forgiven and go away again.

Nick: I�"

Serena: Then I forgive you.  You can leave now, if that is what you are going to do, but I am done waiting for you.

Serena turned and walked away from him.

Cat: TELL HER YOU L.O.V.E. HER, STUPID.

Nick ran to Serena so fast she almost fell backwards, but Nick caught her just in time. 

Serena: Nick, I am tired of this, I want you to leave so leave. You don’t know how your leaving affected me.  I cried. YOU, made me cry.  So if you just want to see me suffer---

Nick kissed her deeply before she could even finish the sentence.

Nick broke off.

Nick: I never want to see you suffer ever.  I wished I never made you cry, I don’t want to see you cry, not ever, and I will make sure while you are with me you will be happy.  Serena, I love you so much and I will be with you for as long as you will have me.

Serena: What took you so long huh.

Serena hugged him and kissed him deeply.

Vince: Finally, you guys were driving me nuts.

Cat: Still think this is a boring old town?

Jack: Well for me, it just got interesting.

Serena: I couldn’t agree more.     

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Rikita Singleton


Author's Note

Rikita Singleton
I hope everyone likes it, Enjoy :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on October 15, 2013
Last Updated on October 15, 2013

Author

Rikita Singleton
Rikita Singleton

Chesapeake , VA



About
I am creative, I love to write, I love to watch movies. My favorite food I love to eat are noodles. I want to be a writer and or a book critic one day. I also like to listen to music and hang out with.. more..

Writing