Bounty Hunter

Bounty Hunter

A Story by Rudy Afzal
"

Had to wirte it for English so i thought i would upload it.

"

Bounty Hunter

            The sky was grey, but it didn’t matter; Jayden couldn’t see the road either way because it was pouring down rain. His windshield wipers were going full speed so he could even see the road. His car was full; Michael, Chris and Tommy in the back, Lucas in the passenger seat. They were trying to get home after supporting the girls volleyball team. Jayden took a shortcut down an old dirt road.

            “Why would you go this way?” Lucas was gripping the arm rest. Jayden was speeding up the road and the car slid occasionally.

            “It’s faster.” Jayden said. They were driving back to his house to get ready for the night. They planned on taking the girls out for their win.

            “It’s dangerous.” Lucas said.

            Lightning cracked across the sky. A person in the middle of the road was illuminated. Jayden slammed on the breaks and the car swerved, Jayden over corrected the wheel, making it worse. The car slid off the road and everyone was yelling. The car flipped over and continued to slide off the road.

            The car stopped right before it slid into a lake.

            “What the hell Jayden?” Michael punched the glass out of the window and climbed out of the car.

            “I’m…I’m… There was some guy in the middle of the road.” He said knocking out his own window and crawling through the glass.

            “So you swerve off the god damn road?” Michael was getting heated.

            He couldn’t control himself. Two chunks of earth shot out of the ground and hovered closely to his balled fists. Jayden was somewhat taken aback, he knew Michael was looking for a fight and he was going to give him one. Jayden’s fists ignited; quickly engulfed by flames. Michael launched a piece of the huge earth at Jayden. Jayden punched it, it exploded and Jayden stepped back tripping and tripped over something sticking out of the ground. Michael pounced on this, the ground shot up around Jayden making a sort of tomb; the wet mud solidified. The tomb was getting hotter and hotter, turning a bright orange outside. The tomb exploded and Jayden’s entire body was covered in flames.

            “Enough!” Chris said making lighting strike between the feuding friends.

            Jayden powered down and Michael let the earth fall. “Fine” They both said.

            “It wasn’t his fault Mike.” Chris looked over at him. “And…” He paused. “What’s that?”

            Jayden heard it too. It was a high whistling and he could hear it through the rain. The whining of the whistle grew louder and louder. Whatever it was clamped around Chris’ neck and sent him hurtling into the lake. Another whistling was heard; it was aimed at Tommy, but he stopped it before it could connect and sent it flying in the opposite direction. The thing around Chris’ neck continued to shoot him down to the bottom of the lake. Chris clawed at it trying to break free but it was too tight, and he was starting to lose consciousness.

            “Lucas go save Chris.” Jayden took control of the situation.

Lucas dove into the lake and swam to Chris. The water flowed around him as he stream lined to his friend.

“You two,” Jayden spoke to Tommy and Michael. “Get ready.”

Jayden’s fists erupted into flames again, some earth rose from the ground and formed around Michael’s hands and turned to stone, and air currents swished around Tommy. Jayden raised his hands to his face in attempt to see through the rain that wouldn’t stop, but it was impossible he couldn’t see anything.

“Tommy give us a bubble.” Jayden said.

Tommy shot up into the sky and a bubble of air acted as a huge umbrella. The sound of the rain pouring down was magnified tenfold. Jayden could see something now. It was a person, the person from the middle of the street. The person was holding something; they were swinging something metal because Jayden could hear it whistle through the pounding rain.

“Mike, 2 o’clock about 200 yards away.” Jayden leaned towards Michael.

Michael stomped hard on the ground and made a quick fluid motion with his arms. A rectangular platform shot out of the ground where the figure was standing; sending the figure high into the sky. Balls of fire shot continuously from Jayden’s fists. The figure started to fall back to the ground; but it was angled towards Michael and Jayden. When the figure hit the ground it was like a bomb went off. Michael and Jayden were thrown by the force in opposite directions; each hitting a tree.

Lucas was swimming as fast as he could to the bottom of the lake. He could see Chris lay on the lake floor unconscious; hands still gripping the thing around his neck. When he finally reached Chris, Lucas tried to pull him up but it was like the thing around Chris’ neck was a magnet. Lucas used the water around him to freeze the collar like thing; he snapped it and grabbed Chris. Lucas swam back to the surface with Chris.

            When Lucas resurfaced he saw his friends on the ground but could find Lucas. He was infuriated. He lay Chris on the banks and controlled the water. Three streams of water jetted out of the lake towards the figure. The streams turned to ice just n the struck the target, but he was too fast and too strong, he destroyed the ice. The thing that was swinging in his hands was thrown at Lucas and it caught him, it cut deep into his collarbone. Lucas was pulled out of the lake and thrown on the ground next to the figure. The man stepped on Lucas’ chest and pulled his object out of his collarbone. The man swung the metal weapon again and brought it down on Lucas’ head, but before it could make contact lightning struck it and 10,000 volts of electricity shot through the metal and transferred to the enemy. He fell to the ground and shook like he was having a seizure.

            The figure got up, Jayden and Michael were still knocked out, Chris was still on the ground (conscious now), Lucas was bleeding out of his wound, and Tommy was maintaining to air bubble. The metal whistling was heard in the air and it was thrown into the sky. It made contact with Tommy, the bubble failed, rain began to pour on the scene again and Tommy was rushed back to the ground impacting hard. The removed his weapon from Tommy and stood there, thinking his mission accomplished.

            As the rain continued to fall the team felt refreshed. The water soaked into Lucas’ wound and he healed himself, but he still lay on the ground waiting for everyone else. Jayden could feel his body heating back up despite the cold rain. Tommy used the air to scab his wound. Chris would feel his body again, and Chris was done coughing up all the water and he knew he would be able to stand up.

            Everyone knew that if something was going to happen that it would be right then. The 5 of them stood up simultaneously, already on the same wave link and they loved it. Tommy used the wind to push the man into Lucas. Lucas wrapped the man up in a coffin of water and sent him skidding to Chris, who sent volts into the coffin. Chris sent the man over to Michael, who smashed two rocks into the man. The rocks sent him flying into Jayden, who had his fists aflame. Jayden drove his fist through the man’s heart and didn’t stop until he could feel the rain sizzle on his fist. He pulled out his fist, covered in blood, and the man fell to the ground with a loud thump.

            Everyone gathered around the man and watched him die. They didn’t know where he came from, why he was there to kill them, who he was, what he was, but they did not he probably wasn’t the only out to get them. After all they were the biggest threat in the world and they were all only seventeen. The rain continued to fall but they didn’t feel it.

© 2012 Rudy Afzal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on October 31, 2012
Last Updated on November 1, 2012