An Angel

An Angel

A Story by Oblivion88

I find myself in a dark woods, yet again. The air seems so thick that it becomes troublesome to breathe, the fog and mist that surrounds the dimly lit forest seems no more reassuring than the endless brush and trees that block any view of exit or escape; and then I see him, my counter.
I approach him and analyze him, like I always do, I'm wearing a green tee-shirt, my hands are shaky, my curly light brown hair glued by sweat to my forehead, no motion or wave in it. My jeans slacked and seemed baggie, my stature was slightly disorganized, I am scared... He; however, seemed cool, calm and content. He stood in the dark as if it were home. He wore a black long-sleeve shirt, fitted with a tight pair of jeans with a bit of baggage. his dark brown hair laid straight in front of his face covering his left eye. He had a smitten grin on his face as he looked over in my direction without changing his standing posture.
"Who are you" I asked, timidly.
"I am William, I've told you this before, David." the dark figure said.
"I remember, what do you want?" I demanded.
"To show you the Wicker Manor" William said while pointing at a large mansion through the woods. The house was well lit, live people were inside dancing and partying, my jaw dropped and my head tilted to the side... The site was eerie and I felt uncomfortable as the sounds from the house became more and more audible. 
I woke up in a chilled sweat that made me shutter. It was the same dream I've been having every night, and it was time to figure it out. I turned to look at the clock, and it read 4:30 a.m. Feelings of nausea mixed with reminiscent fear kept me from going back to sleep. The time I used while I was awake was spent looking the internet for a place called Wicker Manor. After falling for every advertisement the internet had to offer, I came across something quite disturbing; the cover picture was exactly like that of my dream, and I began to read.
After a quick scan of the internet article, I discovered that Wicker Manor was the venue to quite the formal parties, and with the right price, any and all were welcomed. I didn't have a lot of spare expenses, being a simple news paper freelancer, but I felt that this was urgent, so I signed myself a spot at the upcoming formal dance and party that weekend. A feeling of self accomplishment washed over me like a haze of glory as I went to work that day.
A long week led to a much anticipated weekend, which I immediately began getting ready for after I arrived home. I dressed in the only formal drab that I owned; a long sleeve black shirt, black dress pants, and a long-sleeve blue dress shirt. I kept my hair wavy and golden brown, as I confidently left my apartment.
The drive dragged on, but eventually, after much wait, I arrived at my destination. My hands were completely drowned in sweat, my breath was quickened by the anticipation of the evening to come. I exited my vehicle and made my way down the driveway til I caught view of the manor. It's dark demeanor created a feeling of soothing sensations within me, while at the same time stirring a frantic stir of emotions. 
A beautiful young lady dressed in a neat maroon dress was standing at the door, waving people in, shaking their hand, and handing out little paper pamphlets. I approached the young woman to collect my pamphlet, receive my handshake and make a new friend. After the introductory was complete, I began for the drinks; I knew that if I was to make a connection with something in my inter-self I would need a few drinks.
After about my third drink, a petite golden haired pixie of a woman made her way across the dark populated wooden floor to make herself known to me. I watched as she began toward me, and I spectated her journey throughout; yet, I still didn't come up with anything to say when she made it to me.
"I'm charity" She announced.
I could only speak in vowels at the moment due to my fluster, I quickly snapped off a quick response; "I have to be right back, I'm sorry" I said, smiling overly embarrassed.
I made my way out the double glassed door near the back of the mansion, and into the woods out back which looked reminiscently like the ones from my dreams. The air was thick like before, in my drunken logic, I found myself lost in a field of thick fog blinded by the height and dominance of an abundance of trees.
After an annoying look around, I finally found my exit from the woods. I re-entered the atrociously placed double doors to scope out the young seductress whom had previously attempted to get to know me. My search, however, led me to the sight of a much more attractive, less modest looking brunette standing in between two men of solid build, fighting for her affection.
I smirked freely, and made my way over to her; "Evening, my dear" I said confidently, unlike earlier. "Excuse me, gentlemen" I said to the men standing at her side. As I presumed, she was impressed by my charisma and courage, and less than done with her companions keeping her company at her side. She took my hand that I held out, and walked with me to the middle of the wooden floor where dancing began to take place.
I took her hand in mine and started to dance; "What's your name?" I asked.
"Hope" She said, enthralled with the vision of my eyes, "What's yours?" She asked, completely entranced at this point.
"William" I said, smiling while brushing the hair out of my eyes, so that they could meet hers.
(finished)

© 2011 Oblivion88


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on October 5, 2011
Last Updated on November 2, 2011

Author

Oblivion88
Oblivion88

monroe, MI



About
Not much to say. Criticism is welcomed just be gentle, a guy has feelings :-) more..

Writing
a;aewjr;alk a;aewjr;alk

A Story by Oblivion88