Gates of Heaven

Gates of Heaven

A Story by saksham agrawal

A cliff. An ocean. A hurricane. And four boys. The aim was clear, they just needed to put the courage over fear, make a dive deep inside the ocean like no man ever did. Stupidity wasn't it? Yes it was , for many people it was but for them it was the matter of someone's Life and Death. They moved forward to make a dive but they didn't jump, but why? Simple, they put their life ahead of her sinking soul. And as they turned their back on her they heard a splashing sound and it was of the one guy among them, only one, who pushed himself into the ocean, but who was he? And how did he conquer his fear? Was he the hero the books & tales speak of? No, He wasn't. Then who was he? He was just a normal guy who possessed no great name but a gentle heart which couldn't let someone die just because of his gutlessness. Inside the vast frozen pool of death he wasn't able to move an inch ahead. The biting cold water chilled his fingers into clumsy numbness, cold seeped into his toes and spread painfully throughout his feet as if it were his bare feet on the pristine icy whiteness. His lips turned a more blueish hue. The icy chilled raindrops poked him like icy fingers and wrapped around him like a shawl woven from the snow itself but inside the water he set fire in his eyes and put all his muscles to work and moved ahead inch by inch. He was no hero, still he tried to do what others thought was insane or rather impossible. He was just a human being and in front of him were the numerous ocean waves one after another each bigger than previous, tossing him around but at the end he was the one still standing in the battle ground. He was not a warrior but nothing less than a survivor. But then the next wave he faced was enormously huge, tossed him like a little bird in a dangerous hurricane and after a while everything was still and just above the clouds there was the Angle of Death taking shape waiting for a soul to take. He was a survivor but it seemed like he wasn't able to survive that. But stillness stayed for no longer and he came up tearing the ocean apart holding a little kitten in the hand and Not Today were his words for the Angle of Death. He saved her, he saved the little kitten but the history would forget him eventually and there was still the long way back ahead. And at that very moment a miracle happened , with warm & melted heart GOD himself arrived in his chariot and escorted both the souls to the Gates of Heaven...

© 2015 saksham agrawal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on November 22, 2015
Last Updated on November 22, 2015