Pressing Time

Pressing Time

A Poem by Emily

Pressing my time against the hour glass. Punishing thoughts that decay the youths abundance. Listening to the crying winds around me; hearing them scream out to me in distress. I hide beneath the stars and wait for a minute. Leading myself to you blindly. I follow you down the path of ripe pleasures. Frequently looking behind me, waiting to see the aura of sight. Slipping away from all surreal bindings that have given false pleasures to loves past. Sucking up the fumes that keep my fire burning; I am precious in your heart.

Thrusting towards the emptiness of blackened passageways. Waiting for a glimpse of light to lead me back to the moment of in-destruction. Riding the waves until I reach the edge of the waters. Seeing past the most unfulfilled times that I thought would be fulfilling. Trying to persuade time to follow me to where I want it to follow. Laughing as it foolishly does what I want it to do. Using my finger to coax it gently to my next destination of passion and play.

© 2010 Emily


Author's Note

Emily
I don't ever follow any format; I write freely. So please comment on actual content and not so much on how it is presented. Thank you and enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on May 6, 2010
Last Updated on May 6, 2010

Author

Emily
Emily

Chicago



About
The drums beat behind me. I am alone like most people - even though I live with many. You will never understand how easy it is to disengage myself from meaningless people. more..

Writing
Colors Colors

A Poem by Emily