Precious Child

Precious Child

A Poem by SN Parodi
"

Abortion...

"

Fear.  That’s all she feels as she sits rigidly in the waiting room chair.  Fear and numbness, like this isn’t really happening to her.  There are others in the room, but still, she feels so alone.  Everything in her screams at her to run, just run as fast as she can to get away from all this, forget anything had ever happened.  But she can’t.  It’ll follow her.  It isn’t just something you can forget.  So, she doesn’t move.  She just stares at the same speck on the floor as one-by-one, the waiting room slowly empties.  There are two other girls left when her name is called.  She looks up.  The lady at the door wears a reassuring smile as she beckons the girl forward.  She doesn’t move.  She’s frozen in her seat, staring, terrified, at the woman.  The nurse continues to smile as she calls the girl’s name again.  Slowly, she gets to her feet.  She pauses.  She can run now, escape and try to find another way, to rethink what she’s about to do.  But no, she has to do this.  She has no choice.  Wait.  Yes, she does.  She was given this choice.  A law made it that way.  But right now, it sure doesn’t feel like much of a choice.  Still, she watches herself step forward and walk numbly to the door as the nurse lightly, reassuringly pats her back, comforting her with empty words, as she leads her to an empty room. 

All she knows is pain, and then it is over.  Finished.  She sits alone, truly alone now.  Emptiness.  That’s all she can feel.  Empty and unclean, as though what she just did was not meant to happen, unnatural.  The nurse returns, a sympathetic smile on her face. 

“Don’t worry, honey,” she says sweetly.  “It’s over now.  Everything will be better.”  The girl looks away, tears filling her eyes.  Is it really better now? Then why this emptiness? This guilt? Finally, she leaves the building, holding her arms tightly around her, more alone now than ever.  She doesn’t know where to look, where to even begin searching for whatever it is her heart is aching for.  She begins to walk faster, fleeing from what she’s just done.  Then, she breaks into a run as tears fly down her face, fleeing from the emptiness, the pain that’s haunting her after she’s done something that should’ve rid her of it. 

Tears wet the face of the Creator as He watches a daughter He preciously created suffering.  He longs desperately to hold her in His arms like her child He’s holding now, but she keeps pushing Him away.  He looks down at the child cradled in His arms.  Such a beautiful baby He had been carefully forming.  He holds the unwanted child close as a deep love wells up within Him, a love for this precious child—one of His creations whom He had carefully planned for: hopes, dreams, a life.  But this child did not get a chance at life.  The King holds the baby close.  “I love you,” He whispers.  “You are so precious to Me.”  Slowly, He leans down and plants a kiss on the baby’s forehead as His heart aches for the millions of lives who never had a chance to experience everything He had for them because they were not wanted.  His heart is deeply wounded knowing the many more that will be sacrificed with no chance to live the life He has planned for them.  Still, just as He loves the child, He loves the mother, and He longs deep within His heart for the mother to know Him and His love too.  Know this, the Father knows each precious child He has formed, and He loves each one deeply and always will. 

Psalm 139

 

 

© 2008 SN Parodi


Author's Note

SN Parodi
If your opinion differs, that's alright. You have your right to what you believe in, as do I.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This tore at my heart....won't tell me you my opinion .....who am I to judge? I will leave that up to the lord. I do want to say is this is an exceptional write full of raw emotions and heartache, the imagery was perfect in every way. Thanks for sharing your write. God Bless, PW

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Added on October 21, 2008

Author

SN Parodi
SN Parodi

United Kingdom



About
Writing is one of my passions. I enjoy toying with words and placing them together to form pictures, to create people and stories, and to take the world of imagination and put into something tangible.. more..

Writing
Remember Remember

A Poem by SN Parodi