Sorcerer & life

Sorcerer & life

A Story by saints8888
"

Take time in your life and watch, like the other species.

"

Humans that go thru life with animal companions have better guides the they will ever understand.

They are what you need in the moment.

Ready to romp, in the field or nap and dream.

I have always felt other species understand reality better than humans.

Dimensions ‘unseen’ by us.  A dog without question sees more, hears, smells, and senses more.   When you watch them looking up from your book sometimes in a quiet room they will stare into an empty corner and sniff as though they see what they cannot scent.

I have tried to find some bug taking their attention or a draft blown bit of dust, but always this mystical human wonder of world’s unseen, clouds my quest.

Life on earth for a ‘billion.whatever.years’, is tangible, logical in form and function.

Death is to be avoided but once on you, if you bother to watch, first fear goes and your last thought is life is irrelevant, where you are going?,  will you return?,  irrelevant.

 A very inexplicable thought for all the struggle life puts into existence. To being born to survive to procreate.

Is it a kindness from ‘’life’’? , to one of its extensions that must end.

Or is it a first step to reformation?

‘Clear’ the pad, fresh look at ‘new’ design?

I have spent my life in company of dogs, cats, horses.

 

When I watch I see all the emotions of humans but less compassion less environment comprehension.  How can I see that? you say, to see that, I would need to have that.  Like understanding the humor of a situation only if you have lived it, recognizing its face and smiling and saying, ‘’oh you, I know you ‘’.

But perhaps the question is the answer; we humans do recognize the ‘face’, from some long forgotten place.   Too busy to bother with all of life at once.

Other species may simply always have the time.

Stare at a dog, as void of emotion as you can.  the dog stares back and then sniffs,  trying to catch some scent you radiate that will tell the dog what you are thinking ‘’mind reading by scent’’  how interwound life is.  Stare at a bird that cannot see you and it becomes uneasy and flies away.   Any experienced hunter will tell you never look directly at your prey.

Humans use brail for what they cannot see.

The string of coincidences that led me to my ‘’Stardust’ my rescue horse and second horse.   When I recount them in my mind, a shutter still runs my spine.   Too many to discount as coincidences.  And yet I do.

The same strange trail of coincidences ran true, to my Moon my rescue foul after Stardust’s long personal trail had found its end.

I did not set out to find any horse in particular just to save the one that crossed my path.

How can I call it all coincidence? yet still I do.

Whatever the mechanics of my horse, cats and dogs coming to my life it is as irrelevant as life itself.   But does give pause to thought.

 

My English Mastiff Sorcerer has just come to know, I hope, the irrelevance of death, but not the end of life, we cannot escape our place of life in our time.  That is indestructible.

In trying to overcome my grief with its attending guilt, for no matter what you do to help those from their ‘time’, when yours flows further into the Cosmos, guilt and grief are paired.

I sought another Mastiff pup to bring home just like my Sorcerer had been a happy trusting ‘sack of potatoes’ pup already at 8 weeks as big as my Spirit, a white boxer.

 In doing so online I found Sorcerer’s face in a Mom Mastiff with a litter yet to be.     I went to a site with photos of galaxies, I noticed a gas nebular and found a hydrogen cloud of a place, because it said, ‘’star birthing place’’, I copied it and at the head of the cloud, I placed a photo of Sorcerer and made it my PC’s desk photo.

And went on about my business.

Later in staring at the desk top with  its expanding hydrogen cloud and Sorcerer’s photo on the very top of the cloud, I notice at the bottom a dogs nostrils, I looked up it was the very same as Sorcerer,

Above was more of his head the eye socket in profile the ears and skull bump between, the cloud formations was the same viewing angle.

Coincidence, of course. Another coincidence.

Had I subliminally noticed prior to my choice?  I do not know what I do, subliminally.  I only slightly know what I do in my consciousness.

 

There is a book in my life of my ‘Animal Companions’, coincidences, and their strange cognizance of future occurrences.  

When I wanted an English Mastiff I went on an ‘’Antiqueing-’adventure’’ to find a large painting of an English Mastiff, Victorian period, whatever.   That was before eBay, when a quest was a trip.  Well I found one,   large Victorian painting of two English Mastiffs with a little blond girl that looked like the photo of my Mom, same age. Flanked by two Mastiffs.   With the sea behind, below a cliff with sailboats a-sailing.

Looking like the Maine coast where my sailboat for many years has held her mooring.   One mastiff in the front had a yellow collar.

When Sorcerer first came home I found an old collar that fit and since he would out grow it quickly I used that old yellow collar.

The painting sat on the wall and after a while I noticed the yellow collar on the Mastiff.     I smiled; yellow is not a common color for dog collars.

Now Sorcerer had a foot problem, right rear for some reason he chewed his foot taking off toes?  Did not like being left home, when I went to the coast and boat.   So as I doctored and put clean socks on it began to heal and I took him with me each time I went to the boat.

And he would walk in the ocean, the healing marsh grass and mud.

After Sorcerer left me, with me still being pushed thru time.  I stared at the painting; the right hind foot was cut off at the bottom of the Victorian framed painting of the front Mastiff with the yellow collar?

Coincidence, and that’s Sorcerer, there are so many more with my ‘’Animal- Guides’’    .

Take time in your life and watch, like the other species. 

 

 

 

© 2012 saints8888


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
Added on March 18, 2012
Last Updated on March 18, 2012

Author

saints8888
saints8888

mont vernon, NH



About
never published. always writings , more..

Writing
Jamey Boy Jamey Boy

A Story by saints8888