M(use)e

M(use)e

A Poem by SamanthaGalli

I took a walk outside at night, the air was misty and chilled.

I inhaled a drag of my cigarette, I was trying to quit but now you’re the black tar in my lungs. 

Guess there’s something inside of me I need to kill.

I’ve never felt like this about anyone, you be the moon and I’ll be your sun. 

Embers were blazing before I could even realize so I moved into your life sideways, curiously.

High and love-ridden, trees swayed in a periwinkle sky, I felt something inside of me burst into flames that night.   

I fell for you hard but I guess you had no intention of being my safety net.

You're still my muse and always will be. 
Every time I see you my little heart skips a beat.

© 2016 SamanthaGalli


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The emotion of love. Cannot be controlled or stopped.
"I fell for you hard but I guess you had no intention of being my safety net.
You're still my muse and always will be.
Every time I see you my little heart skips a beat."
I do understand the above lines. Hard to be near someone we need. Thank you Samantha for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 7, 2016
Last Updated on July 7, 2016
Tags: love, adventure, moon, high, winter, none of my shit actually rhymes

Author

SamanthaGalli
SamanthaGalli

Cranston, RI



About
My name is Samantha but everyone calls me Sam. I like a lot of cool things and have a lot of cool experiences. more..

Writing