Sunset

Sunset

A Story by Samantha

Night is calm and romantic, dawn is strong and inspiring. Sunset is something that is to be known. When I have time to sit and think, placed in a situation that I am able to feel the warm breeze of wind that shook the branches of trees, bushes and flowers which petals and leaves would float down, and travel along with the wind.

                The sun which slowly grilled my head seemed to bathe my body with a warm orange glow, a strange sensation that would always awe me everyday. The slow movement of the sun, sinking, diving, drowning into the sea, embraced tightly and dragged down forcefully b y the waves. Seawater rippled to the horizon seemed to show the sun’s struggle to be released from the clutches of the cold sea; the attempt seemed to be fruitless as the sun continued to sink and disappear.

                The orange glow that covers the trees, grasses, building s, hills, slowly began to retract, and retreat into the sea. The sky which was painted orange, red and deep purple began to lose its color and black began to spread. Stars flashes in my eyes and the moon floated towards the darken sky, replacing the sun and take its place to shine and give light to the night.

© 2011 Samantha


Author's Note

Samantha
Sorry I haven't been around cause I have been learning on how to improve my vocabulary.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It always amazes me how the simplicity of things, like a sunset, speak louder&stronger than anything else. I have read several pieces about a sunset and all shine as brightly as the last.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 12, 2011
Last Updated on May 12, 2011