Safe to Say

Safe to Say

A Poem by Sami Khalil
"

Scribblings...

"

24 KRIS TRAPPENIERS ideas | kris trappeniers, drawings, art inspiration



Safe to Say                    by Sami Khalil


-Safe to say!

My scribblings sanguinely clasp the tenebrous cores

Embrace the clouded sagas

Eschew not the polished mirages.

With withered eyeblinks

With ashen hand gestures

With vanished years, they drape the sunsets

Caress the slow rising dawns

Chisel love’s drizzled moments.

They have defining tinges, stimulating the barren shades,

the lush sprouts.

No tantalizing blanks are left, no glossy starlit chasing resplendent parchments, no kisses left tickling the senses’ emporiums.

 -Safe to say!

My scribblings are therapy

For the hermits in marbled silences

For the famed in radiated lights

For the ailing spirits that wander the unmapped havens.

-Safe to say!

My scribblings are…newborn musings from the frozen wild!    

© 2021 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Excuse me for laughing, but just below your poem there's an ad with this line in exactly the same font size as your poem, so it looks like part of the poem: "How to Cleanse the Liver" . . . I got a kick out of imagining that the writing journey probably also involves cleansing the liver. I know I got a huge burst of clean liver right after I wrote "Merca the Beautiful" (yesterday). Anyhow, your poem is exactly that outlandish, which is what I love about it. I get so tired of all the boring ways writers describe the writing journey. I want something with panache! I want to be taken on a journey when a writer tells me about the writing journey & that's exactly what you've done here! (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Javajavaya! Thank you for sharing your astute observations and clever thoughts on this poem and many.. read more



Reviews

This is wonderful, found it cute as well. No nicely written

Posted 2 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much dear poet for the lovely visit and kind sharing. Glad you enjoyed it.
Safe to Say ... this is great...as is your scribbling... wonderful write with mesmerizing imagery. I was enthralled and confused...but emotionally, I was entranced. That my friend is the key to creative writing. Never thoroughly sure if you were referring to actual scribblings ... your writing ... or life, but in the end it didn't matter because you left me wondering and satisfied. Terrific poem Sami and magnificent scribble.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

OMG! You are indeed a great poet and writer. You describe your emotions so well and your thoughts. R.. read more
Excuse me for laughing, but just below your poem there's an ad with this line in exactly the same font size as your poem, so it looks like part of the poem: "How to Cleanse the Liver" . . . I got a kick out of imagining that the writing journey probably also involves cleansing the liver. I know I got a huge burst of clean liver right after I wrote "Merca the Beautiful" (yesterday). Anyhow, your poem is exactly that outlandish, which is what I love about it. I get so tired of all the boring ways writers describe the writing journey. I want something with panache! I want to be taken on a journey when a writer tells me about the writing journey & that's exactly what you've done here! (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Javajavaya! Thank you for sharing your astute observations and clever thoughts on this poem and many.. read more
Let us all bow to King Sami. What a terrific write Sami, so well written, a splendid read of fine poetry befitting a King as you. :)))))))))))))) Cob-smacking poetry - The Times. Poetry written with ease - The Washington Post. So many accolades Sir! They just keep coming! Always a pleasure to read your writes and writes of view!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Hehehe! You are so kind sir Andrew and worthy of all praise for your friendship and inspiration are .. read more
You know I just had to read this piece again. Your poetic expression is quite superb and some quality internal rhyme too Sami. Well worth a second visit. All the best to you. Your scribblings (your definition not mine) are tops.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

An honor indeed coming from a great poet like yourself. I'm pleased to know your opinion. I value i.. read more
Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

You are more than welcome. You use interesting and new vocab..
Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you kindly...
Scribbling scan be so much to so many people. They tell our tales and many times our words and emotions are so strong that other people can feel them as if they have went through the same issue. I like be the details and the idea of this poem.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Whoa! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your visit dear poet. You are truly appreciated.
dear Sami... we can always embrace the day...
In fact we always embrace your reviews... you lift us up to be all that
we can be. You bring out the best in everyone; and we reciprocate that Gift 5o you.
A bird song and flowers blooming can make any day worth living. gently, Pat

Posted 2 Years Ago


wow to mix writing with graphic art is pretty kool

this poems really impressive by itself too

Posted 2 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Wow! Thank you so much PlayWrite for this wonderful review and visit. You are appreciated...
Me too Sami.
"My scribblings are therapy
For the hermits in marbled silences
For the famed in radiated lights
For the ailing spirits that wander the unmapped havens.
-Safe to say!
My scribblings are…newborn musings from the frozen wild!"
The above lines, I understand. Us, who love to write. Sometimes feel alone. Hello my friend and I hope you are doing well. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Whoa! So true sir and well conveyed. I can't thank you enough for the time and effort. Will visit so.. read more
"For the hermits in marbled silences
For the famed in radiated lights
For the ailing spirits that wander the unmapped havens." - yes, yes, yes ... :)

"newborn musings from the frozen wild!" - as well they should be, this is where poetry originates and should take us - "For the ailing spirits that wander the unmapped havens." "safe to say" your poetry has "chiseled" its way into my thoughts and spirit this fine day. was enamored from start to finish. your words grab, hold and never let go. scribbling indeed - this is where revelations are born and oh that accompanying pic. bravo ... :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Whoa! I'm thrilled dear poet and friend to hear that in relations to this poem. We do relate and ins.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2021
Last Updated on May 9, 2021

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..