insomnia ...

insomnia ...

A Story by sAM
"

tried to pen down what i actually feel at nights ....

"
WHAT!!! ? what is it now ? what are you doing here ? what do you want from me ? what is it that makes you come here to me again and again? why have you come here when it's time for you to go? i have become numb, all you have given me are those naked dreams, those brutal memories.
are you even listening to me ? or is it that i am just talking to myself ? i see those cold blooded eyes threatening me, are you gonna laugh at me all night while i stay awake ? please please ... my eyes are giving up on me, i need to see tomorrow, i have made plans with my friends they are still in my head.
are you the voice of my helplessness? what can i do at this moment? what should i do at this moment? i need peace, i need sleep, i need to hear myself breathe. i can chase you no more, my mind races with haunting thoughts of yesterday.

sAM

© 2013 sAM


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I need to meditate to release ghosts of the past days to find sleep. Sleep is hard to find when the mind is overworking. I like the way you described insomnia. Like it is a bad friend that won't leave you alone. I like the closure to the story. Thank you for the excellent short story. You are a very good storyteller.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 15, 2013
Last Updated on June 17, 2013

Author

sAM
sAM

dubai , United Arab Emirates



About
a wanderer towards an endless road and a nameless destination .... more..

Writing