lonesome casanova

lonesome casanova

A Poem by Parker Pearl

lifeless libertine
in pursuit of nothingness,
i wished upon a fallen bar
and got everything
i never wanted.
and only the lonesome casanovas
understand what the 4 ams
and hangover coffees
look like
devoid of any good thing.
with them i share
my solitary shame,
that i would sacfrifice
my half cocked razor grin,
recycled bogart charm,
and sin surmounting hips
if it meant my bed's other half
stayed warm
the rest of my nights.

© 2010 Parker Pearl


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a good poem. I liked the line "Got everything I never wanted."
It is true because people do get things they don't want. I think this was good though. It was very real and honest. I liked it. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Got everything I never wanted" ...

Welcome to the human condition. You've given the reader a glance into the witching hours of all of us. This feels both honest and voyueristic, as if you've been learing in my bedroom window some nights. Wonderfully done.

N. Strong

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow - I really love this! Great job with "i wished upon a fallen bar" - I feel like it's one of those puns that was so obvious, but I've never seen it anywhere before - you are an innovator in wordplay!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The flow is beautiful, The poem is Awesome! great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This flows beautifully great job!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Known several of these in my lifetime, they're all over the place in the Corps and some of them make decent enough friends. I can see them in your words. Great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nicely done. Great build into the ending.

Posted 13 Years Ago


There's a great deal of charm in this lonesome-heart-seeking-another poem. I love how you turned "I wished upon a fallen star" to "I wished upon a fallen bar" and "got everything I never wanted." Yes! I think there are many lonesome casanovas who can relate to this. Sadly, there's quite a few ladies who've done the same and met the same sad and tragic end.

We live in a society today that seeks immediate gratification, and that seems to include love as well. Rather than waiting for that perfect "one," so many make the same mistake of walking down heartache boulevard, aching for someone to share their lonely night, always winding up alone.

I'm amazing at the tonality of the poem and how it seems to ache between the lines. It's almost as if you slit open your heart and spilled its lonely contents onto the screen.

Great job at evoking emotion in the reader.

Linda Marie



Posted 13 Years Ago


sad i think but well done!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 30, 2010
Last Updated on July 30, 2010

Author

Parker Pearl
Parker Pearl

Harrisonburg, VA



About
let's just get this straight...a real writer is not a model citizen. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..