Longing for Sleep

Longing for Sleep

A Story by AJ
"

A strange story I thought up while listening to a sad song.

"
A girl went to bed one night, and prayed to the angels for sleep. The girl prayed for sleep the next night, and the next, until she had been praying for years. Finally, her prayers were answered. The angels were reluctant at first, not liking to do work such as this, and confronted her in a dream. They asked the girl, who was tired from years of melancholy and regret, if she really wished for this. She just smiled wearily at the angels, and whispered one word.
"Please."

The angels sighed and returned above to prepare. One visited the girl the next night, and asked her if she was ready. The girl nodded in quiet anticipation, and went to bed. Then she drifted gently off to sleep with a smile on her face. The angel returned above, saddened by the occurrence.
The following night, a young boy wept for his sister who had died in her bed, and prayed to the angels for sleep.

© 2013 AJ


Author's Note

AJ
Sorry it's sad. I had to re-write the beginning several times, so sorry if it's not good. I'm also sorry if I made it too vague. Can you tell me how I could improve it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on June 20, 2013
Last Updated on June 20, 2013
Tags: Suicide, Angels, Prayers, Pray

Author

AJ
AJ

About
I like to draw mostly, but I write too. I love space, in particular, nebulae. more..

Writing
Cost of Snitching Cost of Snitching

A Poem by AJ