Confession

Confession

A Story by Sam
"

A confession.

"

Red like blood was Kali’s hair, tight with ribbon, a floundering flood of fire and flair. Her complexion, was as rose, visage glowing, bright and faultless, in her own perfection. She blinked, and I marvelled, but was unable, much like the Spaniard Alvaro, to conceive how so much mildness, and ingenuousness, could be united with the lively vivacity that flashed from her eyes. A great haze filled the day, yet there was saunter to Kali’s step, almost a skip, as she tapped the pave in her pretty pink weave. The afternoon proved hot; no chance of rain late in the eve. Rough and brazen the sun harshly beat, but emerald eyes gladly braved the heat.

I confess I enjoyed the view, drawing back blind to rivet. Alas, a lover, she wasn’t mine, for me to lust or covet. She turned then to the window, and worriedly I shrunk, yet her eyes were not for me, but some privileged pompous punk. Whatever could I be for her, but a beggar or a drunk? But then again, she is flesh and blood, she is free and belongs to none. Our souls together would be poetry, so perhaps I am the one? I realised then, she could not be owned, this I rightly understood. Not framed or tamed, at the zoo or on display or, she wasn’t simply property, no, that would not be good. But my dreams, it seemed were unconquerable, I longed to taste her fruit. So that detectives, is why I did it, that’s why I killed the brute.

© 2014 Sam


Author's Note

Sam
I intended for it to be darker, and I still might post a darker version later. It depends on if anyone is up for that. It'd be a few lines longer, and be worthy of mature audiences.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Noticed this first paragraph takes from chapter one of your story Sell Your Soul, or vice versa. Is there any foreshadowing to it?

Posted 9 Years Ago


wow. Dark enough already. "...enjoyed the view" grabs. The rhyming could be left behind when the story develops, especially after reading a few others.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I love your writing style. Excellent.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2014
Last Updated on September 17, 2014
Tags: beauty, jealousy, envy, hate, sin

Author

Sam
Sam

Fair Verona



About
I do most of my writing when I'm trying to sleep. "Better a witty fool than a foolish wit." -Shakespeare. more..

Writing
I Killed Esmeralda Deane I Killed Esmeralda Deane

A Screenplay by Sam


Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time

A Chapter by Sam