A Mother's love

A Mother's love

A Story by Sandi Tower
"

The love of a momma wolf for her babies.

"
A Mother's Love

It's a cold winters day no snow on the ground as of yet. Momma wolf was sitting outside the den she had made for her six little babies, while watching them and looking around momma spots trouble, is that you fox? You know you can't be here", momma told fox". Lily the baby of the six, wakes up and tries to walk around her siblings, she walks to the front of the den and quietly asks herself "where is momma?" Lily quietly said out loud" Momma" "Momma" still nothing, Momma" silence, Lily asks again a little louder "Momma where are you?" as Lily walks around and to the front of the den.
"Shhh, little one I'm right here" as my mommy walks back into the den and gives me a kiss and tells me "things will be ok". As momma is looking around at her six babies and the den she made for them and their safety. Momma has raised these beautiful babies on her own for a few months now, daddy was killed by a hunter when he was out to get food for them. Momma has fluffy black and gray fur with blueish gray eyes.
As they both go outside the den they see the bright shining yellow sun shining down on them through the trees. "do you feel the warmth of the sun baby Lily" momma said," the warm sun feels good momma", lily said. Lily asked "when do we eat momma?" Momma told lily she will need to go out and hunt for some food and that she will do that in a few minutes. "Now go back and lay down and get some more sleep lily, you are still a baby and growing up so fast". "Ok momma" "I love you Lily" momma told her," I love you to momma" Lily said. "I will be back with food for you and your siblings.
It has been many hours since momma left and went out to hunt, but for Lily it felt likes days. Lily wakes up and still no momma, she starts to cry and a little howl, which in turn wakes up her brother. "Momma has been gone for a long time, when will she back", she asked her brother, "in time baby sister", "now let's go back to sleep and wait for momma." "ok brother".
A few days had past now and momma is still not home, and little brother is getting worried, as he looks back at Lily he tries to smile, he turns around and see the most amazing sight, it's momma with food. "Oh thank god momma I was getting worried and Lily is scared". Momma goes over and wakes up Lily with a kiss, "hi Lily, I have food for you and your siblings." "go eat, as I wake the rest of them". Nom, nom, nom this is good" lily said, hey save us some baby sister" said the rest of her siblings. They all stop and look at momma and smile. Momma smiled back and said "it is great to be home and safe".

© 2016 Sandi Tower


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Sandi Tower
Please tell me where and what I need to fix. To add in. Everything and anything will help. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on April 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 26, 2016
Tags: wildlife, animals, mother

Author

Sandi Tower
Sandi Tower

MA



About
I like to write. I started to write a novel, but never finished it. I also wrote a short story, which needs work. So if I put them on here I' m hoping I can get some feedback on it. more..