Take Me On

Take Me On

A Poem by Sarah Jaymes
"

Justin Nozuka is on repeat. This is what came naturally when my finger tips hit the keyboard.

"

Turned left and I felt the cold and suddenly I was reminded of the stories you once told.

How you can’t make someone else happy if you’re not happy yourself, it’s like buying a lottery ticket and trying gain wealth.

 

Take me on, I’ll take the marvelous hit, I need to feel these wonders, know that love exists.

 

Turned right and I felt the heat and suddenly I was reminded of who I really want to be.

Afflicted by the pain that seems to stick around, diving in to the depths with the waves crashing down.


Take me on, I’ll take the marvelous hit, I need to feel these wonders, know that love exists.


With knees in the sand, I began to beg. You sang to me and you said - "A light will soon shed."



Take me on, Oh Lord, Won't you take me on..

© 2010 Sarah Jaymes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was well written, has a good rhythm to it... the feelings of frustration from the search for answers is well constructed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


a very nice prayer-song coming from your open heart

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 31, 2010
Last Updated on July 31, 2010

Author

Sarah Jaymes
Sarah Jaymes

Chicago, IL



About
Sarah Jaymes, 23 years young, Chicago. I fell in love with my imagination. I am still waiting for the day when my eyes open..I hope it never happens. I feel a sense of wonder, as if the world is.. more..

Writing