Musings

Musings

A Story by The Adventure
"

18 December 2011

"
She dreamed. Dreams that led her far away. To a large bed strung high up in a tree, candles floating all around. Small votives that seemed to light up her face in a light yellow glow. She dreamt of a lake that sat next to her bed-tree. Electric moonlight and bright white stars reflected from its pool, giving everything a small blue haze. She looked around, watching for any sign of life, but everything seemed to be tucked in bed; small flowers curled up and vanished, small sighs from wildlife as they relaxed and dozed. Every once in a while, a firefly would wink at her, as if to let her know she was not alone. The croak of a frog. The chirp of a cricket. Everything about this night was absolutely perfect. She continued to dream, getting deeper and deeper into a fantasy. The branches seemed to hug closer to her as she began, herself, to doze.  Leaves tickled her face as her eyes grew heavy, her gaze a bit more fogged. “Go to sleep,” the air seemed to say, “tomorrow will be just as beautiful.”

© 2012 The Adventure


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012