An Intro to the Majestix

An Intro to the Majestix

A Story by Sargon Dorsai
"

Meet the Majestix, one of the many races inhabiting the world of Entyl, the MMORPG that I'm helping to develop.

"

We were one of the first to shake off the shackles that tied us to the wilderness. The put aside the fate that nature had dealt upon us and bring about building our own fate. We gathered together, taming the world around us. We exerted order upon the chaos of the world.

We watched the other races grow around us, watched them grow. We saw the Treefolk shake off their slumber and lumber from the earth. We saw the arrival of the Elves, before they locked themselves away in their Citadel. And we saw the birth of man, born of earth, fire, and magic.

We watched as our great cities were raised up. We taught man to build cities, gave them home in our own. We watched as they learned and grew. We watched as their magic continued to expand. We watched as they Sundered the world apart.

We gathered the shattered remains of our people and drew away from the others. The humans were left to their own. No longer would we offer them shelter. Our focused turned inwards, bent on surviving the upheaval and rebuilding our civilization.

We grew and spread over the world that we found ourselves in. The land of Ryode called to us and we answer, using our strength , power and magic to help the other races, save for the humans. A great civil war was fought over what to do about the humans. Some felt that they should all be destroyed for their part in the Sundering. Others felt that they needed to be guided lest they do something like that once again. Yet others wanted to leave them alone.

We cut ourselves apart fighting over a people not our own. In the end, we limped back to our homes, holed up in our fortresses, licking our wounds. The council was finally reconvened and the vote cast.

We left the humans alone. We left them alone as they brought war to their own kind. We left them alone when they captured some of the Ra’shan and twisted their legacy into something new. We left them alone as they enslaved others. We left them alone as long as they left us alone.

We were attacked and could no longer leave them alone.

We were the strongest of the races. We were among the oldest of the races. We were dying nonetheless, for we were still divided.

We withdrew again and this time, we were united. The other races could not be left alone. The humans could not be left alone. They needed to become part of the whole again.

We, the Majestix, would bring them back into the fold.

© 2016 Sargon Dorsai


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on September 6, 2016
Last Updated on September 6, 2016
Tags: Entyl, MMORPG, Majestix

Author

Sargon Dorsai
Sargon Dorsai

Portland, OR



About
Hello there! My name is Matt Hester. I'm fortunate enough to be a stay at home father to four amazing children, ages four to thirteen. I get to spend my days taking care of the house and spending time.. more..

Writing