Resource Management

Resource Management

A Story by Sargon Dorsai
"

Presentation to the Honorable Judge in regards to further management of the child resource.

"

There is a disconnect in the courtroom where people seem to think that their feelings are more important than the law. That just because something appears to be unfair or biased, that makes it biased. Nowhere is this more prevalent than in family law. Specifically in regards to parenting time, custody, and child support.

Children are a precious resource and as such it is up to the government to ensure that those resources are properly managed. When there is a disharmony present in a home, that disharmony, also known as the father entity, needs to be removed, so that the nurturing entity known as the mother may continue to protect the resource known as the child until such time as that resource may be harvested by government.

It should be pointed out that the preference for the mother entity handling the child resource is one that has been long standing and carries the weight of tradition. As such, studies showing research to the contrary should be dismissed as subversive. All efforts by the courts shall be focused on maintaining the mother entities influence over the child resource. This extends to the assignment of custody and parenting time in favor of the mother entity.

While in the courtroom, it needs to be clearly demonstrated to the father entity that it is solely as a financial resource that the entity has any value in society. Judges and court staff need to avoid the undue influence of emotions that such entities will try to employ when working to avoid those financial responsibilities in support of the child resource. While impassioned, those courtroom demonstrations do not change the facts nor the responsibilities of the father entity.

Current regulations clearly outline the financial responsibilities of the father entity. Those regulations show precise calculations based on the ability of the father entity to finance the care and conditioning of the child resource. However, recent events have shown that there is an opportunity to increase the financial responsibility of the father entity.

Several cases have been brought forth that show that supply and demand have a direct correlation between the cost to produce an item and the market value of the item. This is especially prevalent in the pharmaceutical industry, in which the price of items that have a high demand have been increased by several orders of magnitude with no adverse affect to the distribution.

Most recently, this has been shown in the case of the EpiPen and its availability to those who need it as a life sustaining pharmaceutical. Due to the nature of the product, the consumer has no choice but to pay the newer, higher costs. The costs to produce the item have not increased, only the cost to the consumer.

This can be directly applied to the interaction between the father entity and the child resource. The child resource can often be pointed out to be a necessary commodity for the father entity and that in order to maintain the availability of the child resource, the father entity will comply with any demanded financial compensation. Not that the cost to maintain the care and conditioning of the child resource has increased, only the cost to gain access to the child resource.

Now, it has been pointed out to this department that there are many father entities that refuse to fulfill their financial responsibilities in regards to the care and management of the child resource. However, there are a greater number that are available to take up that unfulfilled responsibility. It is the proposition of this department that the burden of the missing financial responsibility be passed onto those father entities that are already beholden to the system and that the resources currently used to track down those missing father entities be redirected.

There are numerous advantages to increasing the responsibility of those that are already in the system, as well as redirecting the tracking resources for those avoiding the system.

First: The father entities are already in the system and as such are easily regulated.
Second: The processes to collect that financial responsibility is already in place and would only need to be adjusted to accommodate the increased responsibility.
Third: The father entities in the system already display a dependency on the child resource and would pay the higher responsibility, as demonstrated by any other dependency.
Fourth: Studies show that tracking down the missing father entities has a low return, as even those entities which are found do not fulfill their responsibilities and the tracking resources could be considered wasted.

Therefor, this department proposes an increase of 400% (four hundred percent) in the financial responsibility of the father entities already in the system, to go into effect immediately and without gradient adjustment, upon the passing of this proposal. It is further proposed that there is an immediate cessation of the tracking and retrieval of the missing father entities and that those resources are redirected into improving the quality of the office environment for this department.

© 2016 Sargon Dorsai


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
Added on September 19, 2016
Last Updated on September 19, 2016
Tags: FlashFictionChallenge, Satire

Author

Sargon Dorsai
Sargon Dorsai

Portland, OR



About
Hello there! My name is Matt Hester. I'm fortunate enough to be a stay at home father to four amazing children, ages four to thirteen. I get to spend my days taking care of the house and spending time.. more..

Writing