Enlightenment

Enlightenment

A Story by sarracen
"

This is the start of... Something. I'm not quite sure what of though. I think it shall take place in some kind of post-apocalyptic world.

"
Chris was sitting at the end of his bed. His sheets were dirty and tattered. The wooden frame had decayed over the years and definitely wasn't going to last much longer. But he didn't care. His head was clouded with worry. That’s all he could think about now.   You see, after he lost his job , Chris took up drinking. It was a bad time to start and he knew it. He had  used up  all his money on a stupendous amount of strong alcohol and had just recently been declared bankrupt. He refreshed his bank balance on his phone a few more times, hoping that money would miraculously generate, and that he could carry on living “normally” for a few more weeks. The power company had shut off his electricity two weeks before and he had been living on very little since then.
Suddenly; there was a loud knock at the door. The sound startled Chris and  caused his head to jolt upwards from the floor and forced his eyes to bolt to the cause of the noise. He stopped for a second, just to make sure he wasn't hearing things. And to his surprise; the blunt noise rang in his ears yet once more. This was amazing! Chris hadn't spoken to another human in weeks. Or was it months? He wasn't entirely sure anymore. Just happy.
He stumbled out of bed and rushed to the door. Stopping just outside to fix his hair and take a deep breath.
He opened the door to see a short stout man with a rather troubled expression on his face. 

© 2013 sarracen


Author's Note

sarracen
This isn't yet complete (obviously) But i'd love to get some feedback on what you think! I'm an amateur when it comes to writing and would just like to see how far my writing capabilities has reached.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

474 Views
Added on July 1, 2013
Last Updated on September 4, 2013
Tags: short, gloomy, sad, tense, cliffhanger, strange, poor

Author

sarracen
sarracen

United Kingdom



About
I'm a amateur writer and have yet not published anything of the sort. I mainly delve more..