Skulls and Roses

Skulls and Roses

A Story by lifesanexcursion

She walks home alone. She usually walks with a group of loud, laughing girls, is usually one of the loudest, but not right now. Today she just wanted some time to think. She relaxes, her handbag resting lightly at her side. She looks down at it, contemplating. When did she switch to this popular bag from her backpack? She used to say she would never conform, never be the same as anyone else.
 As she is thinking this, she notices her black high top sneakers. She smiles slightly at the memory of buying them. That had been a fun day. Her face darkens as her mind returns to her prior thoughts. Her recent obsession with skulls was interesting. What do skulls represent? They represent death, after the body has wasted away, but they also represent life. You wouldn't be much of a person without a skull. A small smile returns to her lips, skulls and roses, pure bliss.

© 2010 lifesanexcursion


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked it =) It reminds me of my obsession with drawing skulls a while back. I do have a suggestion though. In the first paragraph you use "She" repeatedly at the beginning of each sentence. I would mix that up a bit.
Other than that, great write. =) -Justin

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a good write, I enjoyed reading it! A little excessive with the she's, and a little short. I think you should definitely expound on this a little more. Otherwise, very nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

**************************************************************************All Good ********************
For me Guns and Roses an Slash shreds... an hey cool Gmajor 7th I use it a lot. I feel that ya I like Justin an we just hook up as buddies cause I like the sound of his name an ask if I can use it in my novel. The mix it up with she deal, I think you used it intentionally an it's cool an works. You'll write a ton an this one will always be around to remind the theme. It's like performing my lyrics over an over an over... but hey. they are mine and I use them with a different feel all the time, when performing them. I performance read my poetry too. It's a good practice to read them out loud as your working them. You begin to see where the rhythm of the deal lay and what syllables are hard or soft, which verb works in context on your stimulation of premise. Writing is an Art man, by an Artist. Whether your a musician a painter. It's all about the picture you paint. It all worked for me!

Thought it was serviceable. I've been writing for like thirty years so this is how I gage it. It is all, good. it is about the attempting to bring a something out from inside. It's called being creative. i felt your poem was that. Inventive and your theme was concurrent through out... good job!
******************************************************************************work it a little ****
Write On / Right On Ro. 05/26/10. 11:48pm
Quesnel BC CANADA.... Peace & Soul.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked it =) It reminds me of my obsession with drawing skulls a while back. I do have a suggestion though. In the first paragraph you use "She" repeatedly at the beginning of each sentence. I would mix that up a bit.
Other than that, great write. =) -Justin

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2010
Last Updated on May 27, 2010


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Submission Submission

A Poem by Carlie